VSync & Borderlands

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Sharoth, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    so is the game any good ? :x

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    In my opinion..shallow and boring. But the art and feeling is fantastic. Opening title-ish screen with the song really sets the scene...

After that though, I just can't get in it. I'm playing Single player though. I think it's a MP game, mostly.

3. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    I started playing it SP up to level 8 or so. Than i played it with friends. It got lots more fun doing that. It's kinda like L4D, which was also far more fun playing it with friends doing co-op, except this game has some RPG elements. Should be fun for everyone that enjoyed L4D and WoW, but that in the same game. I wanted to say minus the zombies/undead, but the AI is pretty predictable like the zombies/undead were in L4D.

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    The game is fantasitc. Just gotta have a good friend or two (or three), to play with. It makes it a much better experience to have people you can trust to share weapons/upgrades for your particular class.

It's really a blast, am in the 2nd playthrough, and about to hit lvl 43 after some more quests. I play a Soldier Support Gunner currently.

5. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Getting 25 fps on my system with 1920 4x aa, with 9.8 drivers..

Is the 9.10 or 9.11 any better :d?

6. blackfloyd

blackfloyd Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I'm getting 20-45 fps @1920*1080, 4x aa with 9.11. When I turn off aa, fps is like 45-60.

7. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yeah any driver sux with this game, but I would recommend that you disable ambient occlusion, that gave me 62 solid fps @1920x1200. So try that, it doesnt effect IQ that much anyway, atleast to my eyes?

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Ambient occlusion doesn't work well with Windows 7, not sure why. So by turning it off in any games that support it. Get a nice boot in fps.

9. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Yah same here, going between 25-45 and with occulosion off it is better, and with aa off it is quite nice fps.

Still, this game is mayor fail I'm afraid, it isn't fun at all.. weapons remind me of doom2 type of gfx and level of detail/feel on them.

10. dmanna80

dmanna80 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    well I dont know how far your into it, I played single player my first playthrough and I found it kinda boring until I hit level 15. Thats when the guns really started to drop finding some awesome stuff, mixed in with a few fun quests I enjoy the game actually.

I really enjoy the guns, but I did get bored overall with the game more quickly then I would have hoped. This will be a game that Im gonna save for a drought, Its just fun but shallow. I will save leveling the other 2 characters when there is a video game drought. Loot games 4tw.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Playing with friend over LAN. Pretty fun with two people running around the place....:biggun:

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It works fine for me in Win 7 Ultimate x64. Everything maxed out DX10 enabled MSAA at x4. 1920x1080 resolution.

I run 60FPS vsync without a stutter.

13. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I doubt you have dx10 enabled, do you mean that you had the "AllowDX10" option in the config changed to "TRUE"?? That wont enable dx10... Unless you got it forced some other way?? ;)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Uhh yes in the config, and it does work. Not sure why it didn't for you. Forcing Vsync also worked in the config. People claim this doesn't either but yes, yes it does.

Sorry you are having troubles, but it seems its hit and miss for some unknown reason. The game needs patching, that is pretty much a given.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  15. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Ah man, I gave up on the game after 3 hours.

It doesn't hold me at all. The FOV is annoying much to small for a widescreen, while not laggy I don't feel the game runs smooth enough for my likings ( as i said 25-50 fps kinda depending where you are, probably ati drivers/game issue though ). But I mean the feel when you are gunning is just none existant. It has as much feel ( to me ) like it would be having dubble leather gloves on while playing cod4 feels stiff and has some unresponsiveness then over-responsiveness wierdness going on :wanker:.

Saving this game for a drought as someone else mentioned.

/edited FOD to FOV :eek: nerf multitasking when writing whinge ;<

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009

16. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    FOD? Don't you mean FOV (Field of Vision) or DOF (Depth of Field)?

17. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I get 48-62 fps with all set to high, ambient occlusion on, 1920x1080. After turning Vsync from the config, the IQ for me got so much better!, damn. The can get boring and fun depending on the mission/level. Its good overall, the co-op just makes it more fun.

18. Eleazar

Eleazar Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950Pro
    Yep, the DX10 thing doesn't do anything. CHeck this thread on the gearbox forums... FRAPS says it's still dx9 http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=79493

19. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    Borderlands....maxed...all settings 16AF, 16Xaa, 32x edgedetect...Config modded...60fps@1792x1334

its a great game Multi...hoping Borderlands 2 if ever...is better.

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yes it will, but some of the DX10 effects still stick. I really hope they patch this up and enable it through in game settings. But last I heard they were going to leave the game as is.