Fallout 3 crowned 'game of year'

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Redemption80, Oct 31, 2009.

1. snapster

snapster Active Member

GPU:
    ATI XFX 5870
    Played the game for like 3hours it sucked.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Kinda defines "sandbox" doesn't it? Sorry, but if a developer wants to let people have fun with their "sandbox" outside the original intent of the game, it deserves GOTY.

Outside the box is what we want...Outside the box. Not the same old crap.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Half your posts sound like something pulled out of a hat, so don't mean much, and while i don't love Fallout3 like alot of people do, its definetly not one of the worst games ever.
    [​IMG]

Don't agree about the mods though, the only way to play it the way its supposed to be played is mod free, anything else is breaking it, whether you think it makes it better or not.
    I like some of the graphical mods, but some of the gameplay ones are trying to geek it up an Oblivion style game.

4. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I played for 15 minutes then realised it sucked straight away after that party at the start.

5. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I always know when I see your name as the last reply, it's gonna be directed at me but at the end of the day, I'm right. ;)

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, yeah, making me sound like some sort of bully.

Anyone can check my live account and see how little i played Fallout3, i found it dull and monotonous, because its not my kind of game, and i never gave it a chance, but i still think its moronic to call it one of the worst games ever.

7. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Purely crap game.... I wrote up a review on it somewhere... But there is no reason to rehash and re live the pain again.

8. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    In general I am not prone to play RPG's, but Fallout 3 was so hyped that I made the decision to get it. Anyway, I got bored after escaping the Vault. "Well, that thing about being a baby, growing up and so on is maybe because it is a RPG's" I thought, so "let's bear with all that!".

However, the problem was realizing that the process to change my weapons wasn't very intuitive. In Shooters I just use to press number keys and that's it, but in Fallout 3 I had to do more that that. OK, if anybody knows a way to change weapons by simply pressing number keys, tell me, please. Meanwhile, the game will rest on my shelf as a failed attempt on my part. I can't imagine myself fighting and changing my weapons in such a ridiculously slow manner. Yes, I am definitively a Shooter fan ;)

9. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The game was great. I think it is definitely deserved. It's a great RPG. It's not that great of a shooter, but I knew that when I purchased it. That's not why you play Bethesda's games.

10. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Hold a number key and then click an item in the pipboy, that assigns it a quickslot.

11. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Yeah it is sad that developers don't cater to the ADD generation. I mean who wouldn't give up on the game before learning the co... Oh pretty butterfly! :p

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Some parts of it were great, other parts dull, even tedious (the beginning, Tranquility Lane), but overall an OK game.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    In the Pipboy you can assign keys to weapons.

14. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Correct.
    #'s 1-8 are assignable.

15. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    i loved the game, but the controls always seemed kind of 'jerky' even with v-sync and getting a constant 60fps. I had to use a 360 controller so it would appear smoother

16. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns- While BioWares upcoming Dragon Age: Origins is Mass Effect with staves. They all have that same "feeling" in both games.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i have seen people playing dragon age, mass effect with staves? not even the same ballpark, not even the same sport. maybe you ought to play or lest have watched people playing it at the big tournament they had in england a few days ago before you go dissing a game you never played.

while fo3 was oblivion with guns, it was shallow for an rpg just like oblivion, it had terrible voice acting consistency just like oblivion, had the same handful of voice actors do the same voices for a myriad of characters, just like oblivion, and it had no real consequences for your actions just like oblivion, and terrible dialogue period just like oblivion.

all that said f03 was a 8.0 or maybe 8.5 game for the sandbox and gfx but beyond that there just was not enough there there.

18. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    That's like saying Batman: AA is just bioshock in third person with a bat suit. Just because they are on the same engine, doesn't mean they are the same.

19. ibitato

ibitato Guest

meh, I agree it's an excellent game; but after playing for few hours, nothing made me want to go back to it, I didn't even finish the main quest........

It's a great game, but I didn't just like it enough to keep myself on it....

game of the year ???? well, it might , but there is some other games that made me want to finish it , not this one ........

20. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Would be better if you say it is NWN with different storyline, but Mass Effect? Have you even played the game (Mass Effect)?