Any 5770 users?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tommcd64, Oct 30, 2009.

1. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I just finished reading the review of the 5770. Two of these running in crossfire are pretty powerful. I was wondering if anyone here had experience with them.

2. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    well i am after a second early next month , but yes they are supposed to match/beat the 5870 in some cases

3. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Most cases if not all cases. Crysis being the only example I have found so far.

Fallout 3, Borderlands, even the DX11 Heaven Benchmark, perfect match for the 5870.

Their only shortcoming is that, since crossfire is not yet supported for Eyefinity, they can't play across three monitors as well as a 5870. But that will change

4. laka

laka Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 950/1400
    I need another 1

5. games2007

games2007 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5700 x2 xfire
    I got two Radeon 5770s.
    3 words: Waste of money.
    Wait a month until they get proper drives for this thing.
    So far, the only THING I've been able to run properly is the Unigine Benchmark engine, and the performance in that doesn't even match a single Radeon 5870, which is disappointing because I hoped to get better performance. If you're impatient, it's well worth it to get a Radeon 5870, because my experience with these two cards has been horrible. I'm running 2 in Xfire, using two Crossfire bridges, using a Core i5 with 4GB DDR3 RAM, and in Borderlands, there's crashing, in Crysis, I can't get more than 3X fps on GAMER settings, no Antialiasing, with a measly 1600x900 resolution (which is my max).

They need to make proper drivers that scale properly before they release their stuff. I can't even run Borderlands at 60fps with my resolution with shadows enabled. It fluctuates between 40 and BARELY reaches 60 sometimes. Recording the game just doesn't work. On TF2 it works well sometimes. It's usually above 90 fps, so it's fine, but it's not the number I expected with two cards at all. I know you don't need more, but at a comparative standpoint, it should be more so that I know I'm getting the full performance of the cards, even though over 60 is enough.

They tested older games with forced crossfire, and that's how they got their benchmarks. Hopefully with better drivers, the performance will be up to bar with a Radeon 5870 with most games, if not all within a month of their release.