Forceware 187.66 X64 Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Valagard, Oct 23, 2009.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I also get the RT crash. Never had this happen with any other driver set.

edit: fault module: nvapi.dll

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I replaced the 187.66 nvapi.dll with that from the 191.07 and no more RT crashes.

3. rabbitweed

rabbitweed Member

GPU:
    2x6950@885/1385 unlocked
    just re start the application.it will work as it shud be.
    just a little information.. IQ of this set when AA applied is horrible.jaggies can be seen pretty easily even Supersampling 16Q AA is in use.from my experience 19x.series provide far superior IQ then this set does

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Actually I find the IQ in these drivers the best I've seen in a long while, with AA or without.

5. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    Bad drivers for me,sli gtx260 216. Batman is stuttering,so is bioshock and FEAR. Not tried any other games. Did not have these problems with 191.56.Uninstalling them.

Btw has anyone had trouble with nvidia scaling? Im running windows rtm 32bit and everytime i change from my monitors scaling to nvidia it asks me if i want to keep this setting then reverts back to my monitors....?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    For my configuration do you recommend to use this set of drivers? Right now I'm using 191.07 on Win 7 x64.

Thank you.

7. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Yes... great drivers

I have a gtx 260 , xfi gamer , core 2 quad

8. ncarbon

ncarbon Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 295
    I agree, the IQ is great with these drivers.

9. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I can't tell if the IQ is any better then the 186.94's, but for some reason with the Digital vibrance cranked to max (Like I do with every driver) the colors are more vivid with this set then the 186.94's were

I do know this though, the 191 series has always worked like **** for me, the IQ has always been horrible but gives a huge jump in framerates, but all my games are jerky messes full of stuttering, the IQ on the 186 and 187 series is -FAR- higher, much cleaner looking, but does take a small hit in framerates for it, but I have never gotten stuttering with the 186 or 187 series yet

10. diamond-optic

diamond-optic Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
    Working fine for me.. Tho ive really only played TF2 with them, plus now ive been putting a lot of time into the beta for Alganon, runs pretty good maxed out (doesnt look great but its acceptable i guess for a mmorpg, and forcing AA thru nhancer really helps alot)

11. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Too bad these aren't out for xp. because I'm unable to force 120hz in windows 7. I'm stuck to xp for now. Would've liked to try these. guess I'll be trying the new 195.39.