COD:MW2 game play vid

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by cowie, Oct 28, 2009.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Oh goodie it looks like you can kill all the unarmed people in a airport....wait what???:wanker:
    how original....hey at least its not a school :puke2:

this is the Modern Warfare 2 video that Activision doesn't want you to see, in which you play a CIA operative undercover as a terrorist who mows down dozens of innocent civilians in an airport.

Activision has since had the video removed from YouTube, MetaCritic and every other video hosting website that has attempted to show you this content because they do not want the bad publicity that the More.. shocking and violent content within will undoubtedly bring, especially from mass media news outlets

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61038

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I applaud to them, first time in game history I think (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't see what's so shocking tbh, you can see stuff like this in movies.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its great infacet. although not politically correct but who cares , its a game!
    i remember a game on the C64 (yes there i go again), called commando libia, where you had to execution some americans i think. it was great fun at the time.

4. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Another reason not to buy the game. :puke2:

5. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    LOL whitelightning. People used to be a little more brave with video games back in whitelightning's day..

But seriously.. Games are for big boys too. And just because I shoot people up in an airport on a video game doesn't mean i'm going to do it IRL.

6. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    F*CK YES!! That is so awesome.

And I can't believe I'm reading complaints...??? What's better than killing civilians in a game? It's always so damn tempting but most games don't let you.
    Seriously, it's a game. Get over it. The whole point of a game is to allow to do things you can't (and probably wouldn't want to) do in real life.

7. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    I can't believe you are worried about it.

8. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    Yes, it is a game and so forth. I always opine that violence in a videogame is not real, etc. etc. But... there is a real war against terrorism now where many people die. Not a good plan to bring more criminal ideas. OK, maybe I am disoriented with the video because it is not in Spanish, but to be a terrorist (or a undercover CIA agent among them) killing civilians when a real war like that one is happening is not very nice.

No doubt that it is just a videogame, but imagine one showing you as a terrorist whose mission is crashing a jumbo into some buildings. It wouldn't be a nice idea, right? Or imagine we are at the times of WWII and having to see a videogame where you are a ***** exterminating Jews and so on.

Developers should be careful with the kind of "wars" they choose. It is just an opinion, you know.

9. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Just as you are able to expres your opinion also the artist is able to expres his own.

Maybe you like it or dislike but all censure forms are despicable.

10. cyberjunk

cyberjunk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 285+EVGA GT 240
    From what i've read it seems that you don't necessarily have to go trough that level
    Apparently you will be warned 2 times before the level starts and given the option to skip it.

11. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    Sorry, but you quoted my "not yet finally edited" post (yes, I should use Preview Changes button more when posting). Anyway, I am not censoring (I cannot really), just opining. Can I opine differently, right?

I have played many violent games and not had any problems with that. I am just suggesting that certain environments, wars and characters might be problematic. The devs should be extremely cautious regarding that. Nothing else, friend.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    people can and will have their opinions so....
    whats the next few levels?....they show a picture of allah,pedi sex,then go trunking....i hope they have the shoot the crying baby on line at the bank level that will sell games cus if they did i would even buy it, heck i'd even pre-order it with all that fun.(sic)
    what can they do that they did not already? it just a game remember:nerd:

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    perhaps they will make blood like green slime again and replace the people with zombies , just like in carmageddon :D

14. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    +1

I did not said that you censured, but auto control is a form of censure too, very extended in USA.

There dozens of documentals that show how the planes has hijacked and crashed into the buldings, also two movies at least.

That we can do this in mode interactive do it this narrative form better, nothing else, a game or a movie don´t make us terrorist to hijack planes and crash into buldings.

BTW I found the idea of schoolers fighting with weapons in schools very fun :p.

Maybe becouse in my country you cant buy a weapon everywhere, so this don´t happen here in real life.

15. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    umm BRB I have to go to the airport......rofl please

16. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    Spoiler: The story behind this is that you're a CIA operative that has infiltrated a terrorist cell. You have a choice to shoot. Then there's something about sacrificing the lives of these few to save alot more lives.

I applaud IW for being brave enough to do something like this for the essence of storytelling. However I am very much afraid of the backlash the media will have on this CNN, FOX, BBC, you name it will take this as a sign from the high heavens that videogames are evil, that and the many non-gamer types seeing this as a reason to ban these types of games.

Something else that has been brought up on another forum was how this is no different than killing civilians in GTA or the like; of which I do partially agree.

17. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    I find that a level like this hits a little too close to home for some people and artistic integrity aside, adding a level like this to a game is a very bad idea. This will lead to different versions of the game being available in different countries, count in it. The thought of mowing down innocent civilians in an airport is hardly artistic and in very bad taste. I wasn't planning on buying this game and this is just one more reason not to. Not a very mature choice in level content in my opinion.

18. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    Don't wanna start any bad vibes but i always tell ppl that "EVERY MAN'S VILLAIN IS A NEXT MAN'S HERO".
    good and bad is in everyone and everywhere,its...just...a....game.

19. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    In all honestly we know that if something happens like this IRL, it would be horrid.
    But then I look at the fact that if half the things which are displayed in this video game were to happen (and they do) it would be horrid.

Personally, I cant wait to mow down that crowd on people, infact, I cant wait to mow down every single thing I see in that game....its a game depicting people, horrible isnt it.

20. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I only shoot people made of triangles.