Nvidia the ongoing Stutter / lag issue thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 11, 2009.

1. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Can we try not to take this thread off topic again :(

2. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    aoc looks to be 1st game that does not kick in 2nd gpu, forcing of aa does not work neither

they fixed nothing since launch?

dx10 ~5fps at the beach with high settings regardless of aa + crash
    dx9 ~24+

changing settings still results black screen

im glad i abandoned this game

3. Gamer25

Gamer25 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 Core 216
    for all you stuttering guy/rigs . Try upgrading you frimware on you mother boards, i use to have stuttering on most games but since i updated my firmware everything when smooth

4. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    1. I can't upgrade the firmware on my board anymore
    2. For me as i said before the stuttering/lag/texture issue ONLY occurs in battlefield 2 with 190/191's not the 179 , not the 185 , not the 186 , not the 187. See where i'm going with this?
    3. Other people and not just a few now get it with risen and other games 190-191's.

So i ask you as i said to someone before , How the bloody hell is it a firmware issue. It's the drivers , what ever nvidia have done they ****ED UP either by this adaptive/performance mode or AO :bang:.

I've had a pc since the first pc came out , built my own and for others , so it's not as if i don't know what im talking about.

5. Gamer25

Gamer25 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 Core 216
    well dude i guest they messed it up well lets hope they fix it in future drivers or lack there of. dude keep your fingers crossed gtx 260 is a really good card at least the on i got from EVGA

6. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Just to note i wasn't really having a go at you , just annoyed at repeating myself on the basis that it's something other than the drivers.. I even had one guy said it wasn't doing it for him until he tried it on single card from sli. Then he noticed it.

:cry:

7. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    I can confirm there is a big difference between the 190/191 drivers and the 186 drivers.

Risen and Fallout both seem to run alot more smooth on the old 186.

This is the only fix i found for this problem, hope Nvidia knows about this issue.

8. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Added to first post , thanks

9. BeeJAyP

BeeJAyP Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid
    I figure I should add myself to the list as another one who has problems with the 190 firmware and stuttering, I haven't played Battlefield 2 in a while so I don't know about that, but Fallout 3 gets it pretty bad, in the 186 series drivers the problem doesn't occur.

10. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    190 firmware? , don't you mean driver... lol

Added to first post :)

11. ncarbon

ncarbon Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 295

Maybe totally off...but

I re-installed my OS Win7 Ult. Thr RC was working great, but bought a legit copy and etc. I only play CoD W@W. The game would play 'silky' smooth then, start stuttering/steeping during movement. Initially I had the 191.07s, then I went back to my FAV 185.85s, same issue, then tried the 187.66.....still stuttered. Soooo my 900 case looked dusty, I was frustrated. I pulled the graphics card, did a thorough cleaning.......and gone the stuttering was.

FWIW the 190-191 series have washed out/faded colors, the 185.85 and 187.66 have great color, very vivid in comparison for my PC.

Ned

12. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    19x drivers have modified the digital vibrance range,.... not everyone likes "Vivid" colours though.

13. BeeJAyP

BeeJAyP Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid
    Yeah sorry, was on another forum at the time talking about another product and it's firmware.

14. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    is there a way to remove the sli settings from the game profile using nhancer?

that might be a possible solution, maybe the game thinks its sli somehow.

15. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    it can't be done anymore.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Cant understand why Nvidia, whom are usually quick to respond to game issues, would let a very popular game like Fallout 3 continue to lag/stutter in a new series of drivers (190/191) when it was OK before. Also same problem with Riddick Dark Athena.

17. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    if had this problem too and i considered it a bitch cuz i spent a dozen hours messing with everything but the 19x.. drivers.

the "Stutter" was most prominent in fallout 3. whenever i looked at the top of a building it stopped for a second, even though i had 60fps..

since ive reinstalled windows 7 (to switch from x86 to x64) and used fresh 19x.. drivers the stutter is gone.

but when i used driver sweeper to clear out my old x86 installation's drivers, the 19x.00s stuttered.

so the only fix i know of to use latest drivers without stutter involves a complete reintall of windows

18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    interesting, i have the same fallout 3 bug.. could it be that driver cleaners mess something up that new sets need?

19. No4h Am1n

No4h Am1n Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 TWINFROZR
    I was hoping that Windows 7 would solve the problem, bad luck.
    Fallout3, or rather, NVIDIA, still has the same problem with the known :peeright:19... drivers.
    From the moment that anti-aliasing is enabled, the game starts to stutter with those drivers.

With the previous set of drivers, I can play the game smoothly with all settings maximized.

20. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    added to first post ^