GTX 295 Holds On To The Crown

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by LedHed, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Panzer..... kinda funny how you say multi-GPU's will always have higher spreads between minimum and AVERAGE, when i said minimum and maximum..... and also how the graph you posted to try to prove the 20-30% performance increase that also showed DX10 results from the GTX 295 kinda showed otherwise..... and what you quoted from me explaining that idea also said otherwise.

2. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    ?

That graph is from xsforums and just like every other benbchmark site, they show minimum and AVERAGE FPS. There is no point in showing maximums, I don't think many others but ********* does that.

I find it pretty funny how you aree desperately trying to downplay DX11.

e: T W E A K T O W N gets ****?'d WAT.

If you are saying GTX 295s 35 fps is its max, my god it gets asswhooped by HD 5870 then.,,,

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. Liberalism

Liberalism Active Member

GPU:
    2x XFX Radeon HD 6990 QCF
    Get two or three HD 5870s with a Core i9 and watch your systems fly!

4. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    295 = 2x GTX 275 with slightly lower clocks (identical hardware) so no, GTX 260 SLI is not faster than a 295.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    funny how you keep repeating this in 3 or 4 topics!

6. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    look at his info, obvious troll.

7. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    agree with that,then there will be the 6870 and 6870X2 maybe X4
    that's why i will never be a fanboy cuz to me ATI and Nvidia are friends.
    Nvidia will get DX12 next turn.:)

8. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Same with me, whoever offers the best price/performance product, I'll go with them. No issues with either companies so far:)

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Obvious Troll is obvious..

10. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Yes.

If the 300-series ends up faster on average than the 5k-series, no matter how little, then nVidia will gouge us with the same pricing schemes Intel uses when they know they have the performance crown.

There's nothing wrong with nVidia hardware but their business practices are indeed worse than those of the competition.

AMD doesn't try to downplay features when they're in second place, gouge prices when they're on top or enjoying their re-branding schemes nearly as much as nVidia does.

This may not matter to you but after downplaying DX11 it's starting to piss me off big-time.

Of course, the fact that getting TV-out to work for my CRT TV on nVidia hardware has been utter pain doesn't help - though that's likely an isolated incident.

Does that suffice?
    To be fair LedHead isn't a nVidia fanboy.

He's the ultimate fanboy of whatever-card-he's-using-at-the-time.

That just happens to be the 295 for now.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't see how Nvidia can hit us with an overblown pricing scheme with the GT300 series, they are going to be months behind, and the 5800 series cards will no doubt be cheaper by then, it wouldn't be the smartest thing thing to overprice all the cards, the top end card will probably be overpriced, but the midrange cards will no dobut be more competitively priced, and i bought my C2D and 260 a while back because they were competitively priced though.

If they do go mad with the prices, and people still buy the cards, then well you can't blame Nvidia though, though i got my C2D and the 260 cause they were nicely priced for what they did.

Nvidia never played down DX11, they approached it from a realistic point of view this time after hyping up DX10 too much last time, even if they have the fastest DX11 card, you know they are still going to have Cuda and PhysX plastered all over the boxes too.

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Ah, just saw it depends on resolution.
    Remember this is with reference designs, no OC.

@1680x1050 GTX260 c216 SLI > GTX 295

@1920x1200 GTX 295 > GTX260 c216 SLI

13. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Lol how can you even compare a dualGPU against a singleGPU? This chart only shows me that nVidia will get asswhooped once the 5870 2GB and 5870 X2 versions will start shipping. So no tough sell at all. Nvidia will fall far behind on the GPU DX11 market. They will start selling their over prized cards while the ATi ones will drop in price at the same time.

14. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    You started claiming that the bench was maximum fps instead of average, and that the average fps of the radeons are closer to minimum. Its 20% in average fps in that bench, with launch drivers. Frostbite 2 engine runs just as much better on dx11 too. Codemasters and quite a few devs have already said the same about increasing performance despite better IQ.

It doesn't need a rocket scientist to figure out the benefits of hw tesselation and compute shaders. Where as DX10 was a brand new API introducing lots of heavy eyecandy, DX11 is about efficiency making those eye candys available to masses.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Because their both single video cards. That's why you can compare them.

16. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Wait till the GT300 is released and the 5870x2 is out and lets compare them. I think you all know which card will get @ss whooped. But really thats the point where will it all end ?

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    yea one has a two GPUs on one PCB and the other has one GPU on one PCB

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    if i have to hear this pathetic arguement again. sheesh are we so sub-intelligent that we cant read between the lines a bit. i think it's a pathetic arguement to say oh its 2 gpus on one card therefore u can compare it 2 a 5870 which is 1 gpu.

oh...but guess what it's a single card so therefore it can be put up against the 295. enough alread of this cockamamy horse-****.

one has 2 gpus's one has 1 therefore making a comparison between the two unfair. anyone who says the 295 is the fastest single card in some games is correct and also someone who says the 5870 is faster would be correct.

between the 2 i think more or less they are even. who cares? obviously the op because he feels the needs to shout it or satisfy some kind of hardware ego.

if i have two ferrari's. one has a v8 and one has 2 v8's...you expect one 2 go faster no? it is still a SINGLE ferrari though isnt it?

come on people do we really need to flog this more and the nvidia fanboys who keep on bringing up this "its a single card crown" business need to crawl back under the slimey rock they come from.

why some people need to bring this up shows a disctinctly pathetic narrowmindeness that should be ignored. judge a card on what it delivers and just because it beats your current card in some areas keep your comments to yourself.

complain about fps drops..driver issues..hardware failures. but arguements like dx11 this..single card crown this...exhaust this...physx this are just fanboyism and blind loyalty to something that just because it does this or that or had performed well is frankly immature and stupid.

i dont care which card is fastest but i do care if A) am being lied to (nvidia could be guilty of this but i wont say defo B) something dont work as it should C) being ripped off. so comments like ooo the 295 gets x and the 5870 is x should be reserved for kindergarten/primary school.

rant over. :)

i truly believe knew what he was doing when he posted this thread. deliberate flame and blatant sour grapes. sad.

if do a write-up of my 5870 i base it on how well it performs with games i own and post pics. and also mention any differences like heat/noise etc. comments like ooo it beats my 285 by xxxx so take that nvidia wont be coming into play...no need.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  19. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I compare on price vs performance.

thats about it.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Just had a thought about the above few posts and made me laugh.

The GT300 cards will probably be out at the same time as the 5870x2 cards.

While i have no doubt the GT300 cards will be faster than the 5870, i'm not believing it will be outpeform the 5870x2 unless Nvidia has something magical up their sleeve.

Just wondering if the above happens like i think it will, will the arguments stay the same, or will the Nvidia camp start saying they have the fastest single GPU, and the ATI camp brag about having the fastest single card.

Hoping people stick close to their ideals, but have the feeling most will change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.