NFS Shift

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sabbath, Feb 2, 2009.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Patch. :)
    http://www.needforspeed.com/web/nfs/downloads

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Thanks, JonasBeckman. The mouse support for the menu is nice, but it doesn't include any game fixes though, it seems.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I guess there could be some hidden fixes, depends on what files the patch goes trough, perhaps sorting the files by date or date modified would show a better overview?
    (LAN and mouse support seems like engine related changes so that would mean the EXE or DLL files, if any other files are patched then some smaller bugs could also have been fixed unless it's to support LAN mode or the mouse support.)

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    nice a patch already :D.

chispy.

5. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Will a Logitech™ MOMO® Racing work with this game? im planning to buy one

6. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    any settings for G25 that addresses the cars being too twitchy in high speed but understeers in low speeds. i'm struggling to keep the car straight during high speed straights, and also fails to tackle high speed chicanes unless I slow down considerably.

man, the only way i can get through a corner without sliding is to get the speed down so much and then coast it 'til the corner exit. I'm happy it's not sliding and controllable, but the AI cars are much faster than me in corners.

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Tried playing around with these ?

8. ibitato

ibitato Guest

OMG :wanker: the drift competitions and the gamepad :wanker:OMG

please EA patch this crap !!!!!!!!!!:biggun:

9. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Indeed it is fairly hard.

10. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    totally agreed!

11. Forbiden

Forbiden Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS @ 810/1900/2200
    Not any better on a gamepad...

I have to brake sooner and take corners slower than the AI does (IN THE SAME CAR), just so I don't slide off the track.

12. David369

David369 Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX260(216) 896mb
    Best racing settings I found with a little trial and error is the "experienced" option, which automatically disables those assists which suck you towards the racing line. I put traction control on high, and use anti-lock brakes plus the stability control option. What really helps is using manual transmission, that gives you the best control of the car. There's an option for clutch, but that's a little much for me...

With those settings I was having fun and could keep the cars on the road, but every car is different, especially the porshe on tier2. That thing was bouncing all over the track, but if you tune the suspension settings it gets much better, not to mention all the settings I haven't even touched yet... hehe

On a side note, am I missing out on bonus cars? I pre-orderd from Gamestop but never got any unlock codes. I feel like I didn't get the whole game so anyone that has an unlock for the "Redeem Codes" please help!!!

13. Forbiden

Forbiden Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS @ 810/1900/2200
    Agreed on the "assists." The braking assist is horrible. It was causing me to brake so soon that the AI cars would literally fly 1-1.5 seconds ahead of me by the time we got to the corner. And you can't accelerate through it either.

Or we'd be on a LONG green-arrow stretch and the brake assist would tap the brakes for no reason. WTF?

14. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
  15. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all i finally restarted the game as i now have my wheel working fully, i had some forcefeed back issues but their all gone now, as my wheels a R440 and the game doens thave this wheel in the selections i have tryed every wheel config in the game and tested them to find if using the custom wheel setting is the best, WELL IT WASN'T......

after hours of testing i found that the G25 config has the best force-feed back set-up, soem of the others are missing things like when u change gear it flinched but with the g25 and my R440 wheel it works wikid and the pill is perfect when turning as i get a feeling of the cars weight

i also race using the experienced option as i dont like the auto brakes and stuff, and the AI set to medium.. the only option i have set different is traction control is set to high as on my last game save with the 360 controller i had no control on drifts so im hoping the wheel sorts this

so far i found that the 360 controller offers a good game play but ur forever flicking the stick to keep car in straight line and it was so senative some times at speed, also when u bending it wasn't easy to put the correct amount of brake/acceleration into it as the dead zone was PRETTY BAD, but with the wheel im finding the peddles and wheel to work AMAZING i mean so good that it pick up even a 2mm movement on all of it so the brakes can really be touched and not slamed on, NO OTHER RACING GAME ALLOWED THIS BEFORE THIS ONE.....they were all to heavy on the peddle and dead zone was just to high

16. Deprenor

Deprenor Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1
  17. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    I just bought a thrustmaster ferrari GT Experience.

i need some tips on how to keep my pedals still while im driving, i know i bought a cheap wheel but ffs im about to throw em out the window.

:)

im new to steering wheels, ive got it set to my wheel but should i leave the steering settings as default? im struggling to win the 1st head to head with the bmw vs audi cos im all over the place, the both cars handle like tractors. :(

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  18. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok people here's my stat difference so far only difference is 360controller and r440wheel used, im finding it so easy with the wheel that the medium difficulty that i strugled with on the 360controller is very easy infact so easy im gona turn it to highest

do i gain anything form maxing the difficulty at all ??

360 CONTROLLER
    [​IMG]

R440 WHEEL
    [​IMG]

19. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

hi mate set the wheel settings in game to g25 s/peddle and then leave all the rest alone, is forcefeed back to strong lower in settings.

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT