NFS Shift

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sabbath, Feb 2, 2009.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Gt5 will most likely be out on 4th december, not november... Unless it's delayed but we'll know for 100 percent next week... Any news on ff?

2. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    thanks:) will try it now...mmm still not working with sli update profile

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  3. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
  4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I spent the first 4 hours after installing the game just tweaking the FF, for some reason they disabled most of the FF effects in the config :confused:

Try this Rob (or anyone with a Logitech Driving Force Pro):

Unzip these two files into \Need for Speed SHIFT\ControllerDefaults\PC (make a backup of vehicleset_pc_logitech_drivingforcepro_combinedpedals.xml and vehicleset_pc_logitech_drivingforcepro_separatepedals.xml first).

Load the game up, go to options and change the controller profile to a different number, select 'ok' to reset controls. Change profile back to Driving Force Pro separate pedals or Driving Force Pro combined pedals, and rebind your controls.

You should have much better FF now. I'm still tweaking the settings, but this is as far as I've got so far. Let me know what you think, still not sure what needs to be improved.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Wasn't crazy about the demo. Most Wanted is still the best NFS game. Shift is trying to be a straight up racer and it pales in comparison to games like GRID.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You serious?

Most Wanted, while a fun game isn't a driving game anymore than Burnout Paradise etc is, and while Grid is a good game, it isn't a straight up racer, its an arcade run around compared to this.

Compared to GTR, Gran Turismo or Forza it pales in comparison as a serious racer, but not Grid.

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm not saying its a horrible game, but its lacking in several areas. First of all the graphics fall short of all the games you mentioned. Second, where is the vehicle damage? GRID has some of the best vehicle damage in any game. Third is the sense of speed, Shift just doesn't have it.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The graphics are up and down, sometimes they look great, but they do have a cartoony look most of the time, compared to Grid which is more realistic.
    GTR doesn't have good graphics though, serviceable, but definetly below this.

Game seems fast to me when your on a straight in the incar view, but haven't checked it from other views.

While its not perfect, it is more of a simulator than Grid, while being alot more accesible than GTR

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah Ian, the force feedback is almost non existant out of the box will give a try to what you suggested... With proper force feedback this game should a little better... Thanks for your tips mate...

10. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Garbage to me, going back to the store.

Its pretty looking but, I'm for realism, more than eye candy when it comes to sim racing, arcade racers will love it.

11. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    How does SHIFT this compare to Grid?

Most comments on Metacritic say the game is no good. For example:

Awful game, no replays, unskippable cut scenes, cant quit the first race, wont alt+enter for win mode, very poor presentation, frame rate all over the place

and..

ZERO... that's how many new ideas brought NFS Shift to this type of organised racing. A worthless copy of Codemasters' GRID, with an attempt at better graphics, but failed by making everything too shiny. The loading screens take way to much time, i'm sick of them. And gameplay is often interrupted by stupid cinematics. I spent more time watching those movies than playing the actual game.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/needforspeedshift

12. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all i have the saitek r440 wheel and it dont seem to work with the force feedback on this game how can i get it working, its motor driven now spring so im not sure if i should select another control set-up besides custom wheel in the game

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/r440.htm

13. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    to me burnout is the new need for speed.
    try calling SHIFT and leave out the NFS to enjoy it more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    only problem i have with NFS:Shift is simply the loading times when starting a race, takes up to 1 minute of loading time before you see anything on screen.

15. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i installed it on raid0 SSD's thinking it would speed it up and sofar id say it take approx 30sec to load the game races but this is includin always having something on the screen mainly the text about the type of driver u can become load screen

al in al apart from the longer than avg load time this game is great, it wipes the floor with all other nfs games, BUT I REALLY WANT MY SATEK R400 WHEEL WORKING 360 controller is good but....

16. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    Look at my rig. I played NFS Shift 1 day ago. I put all the graphics on minimum and it still was unplayable. How about you guys. How did it ran for you?

17. SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake Member

GPU:
    HIS / HD4850 IceQ4 /512mb
    Hopefully some kinda patch comes out soon for the ATI cards. I barely get to 60fps @ 1680x1050.

18. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    I tried the demo last night.sat on the grid at spa i got 18 fps with my 4870 x2 and i couldnt get my gamepad to work.Uninstalled the demo after 5 minutes.

19. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    now is there somewhere someone eho can play the game with no fps issues? i played it at 800x600 at low with no AA and still the FPS didnt get much higher. Batman AA plays like a charm than this rubbish!

20. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Fun game...kinda relaxing:) Finally got sli working by setting it to afr2 getting 80-130fps 1920x1200