Forceware 190.89

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Stormie74, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Isn't that the same?
    EVGA's tool is just a very down-stripped version of RT.

2. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    i meant nvidia's system tools, you never know a driver update might have borked some part of the nvidia system tools install.

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    This is one very nice driver. I'm using it for all my racing sims with zero issues...NKP,GTR-Evo, Race 07,STCC, rFactor, GRID, GPL, F1C etc...they all work flawlessly and are very smooth. Frame rates do not go below 80....anywhere. I also find that the sims are loading faster. Good find. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Not using those at all.
    If I want to OC, I do that via BIOS, no need for some tool that only works ½ ways for that.
    What concerns testing new drivers, I run with stock speeds on all components, just to be sure that it isn't that what makes things break.

On the other hand is 189.91 working perfect here, seems to run smoother then any of the 190s, 190.89 is in fact the only driver that caused trouble for me lately.
    So I better just stick with the driver that works best with my current games for now.

Could be that the latest DirectX from August 09 has something to do with it, since that's the only new thing I installed recently or that this set doesn't work to well with SLI?
    I didn't bother to try with a single card...

5. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    After exiting a game, my clocks were stuck at 2D performance mode :( back to 186 I suppose

6. Igor007

Igor007 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX480 8GB
    I have problems with installing all 190.xx drivers on my PC. when i try to install, somewhere at the end of the instalation the monitor yust go on some unrecognized resolution and it go black so i cant see anything. only thing i can do is to go to safemode delete drivers and systemrestore to previous state and install 186.xx drivers, because if i install that driver after uninstall the 190.xx than the same thing happens with monitor, so i have to use system restore... i have 8600gt and belinea CRT 17, windows 7 x64

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  7. Per Hansson

Per Hansson Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS G92
    Like some others I got no uninstall entry for this in Add/Remove programs on XP x64 :(
    Could some kind soul post the registry key for nVidia uninstall somewhere under; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

8. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    Just go to the device manager before trying to physically remove the driver and select update driver, then choose standard VGA driver...then reboot in safe mode and run driver sweeper. It's here at GURU in the download section. That'll remove all the entries.

9. Per Hansson

Per Hansson Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS G92
    Saabjock; Are you sure about that?
    Since this is the first driver that has OpenCL support it also has new files in it that no driver before used...