22" monitor and a 9600GT plz help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by RS-X, Sep 9, 2009.

?

Which 22" monitor to get

Poll closed Sep 27, 2009.
  1. Samsung 2233SW

40.0%
  2. Dell S2209W

20.0%
  3. BenQ E2200

40.0%
  1. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Dear Gurus,
    I am planning to upgrade my good old BenQ E900W 19”(1440 X 900) monitor for a 22” one. I have three options

1. Dell S2209W 22”
    • Full HD 1920 x 1080 (optimal) resolution
    • 16:9 aspect ratio on a 22-inch widescreen (21.5-inch viewable)
    • Lightning-fast 5 ms response time (typical)
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7438

2. SAMSUNG’s SyncMaster™ 2233SW
    55.9cm (22) Resolution 1920 x 1080
    Contrast Ratio DC 15,000:1 (1,000:1) Response time 5
    http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/...&subtype=desktopmonitor&model_cd=LS22CMZKF/XL

3. BenQ E2200 22'' full HD LCD Monitor

Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution
    Stereo Speaker
    Additional Features Connections: VGA, DVI, HDMI 1.3, Audio in, Headphone jack
    http://www.benq.com/products/LCD/?product=1287&page=features

I am running it on My XFX 9600GT. Now my question is which will be the best monitor for me

I don’t have a console and no blue-ray player to enjoy HDMI. And finally for price and availability these are my final choice so please sagest me from these which to buy.
    And can my 9600Gt can handle the 1920 X 1080 resolution on maximum games (AA off) .

Thanks in advance. Hope to see a lot of experience and replies.

Singing Off RS-X

2. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I'm afraid your 9600 GT will not handle that resolution that well.

3. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Ok, But I am gonna buy the monitor anyway. I am considering to buy Radeon HD 5XXX or GT 3XX soon. But go for the monitor 1st.

Please guide me all of you plz.

4. yleclerc

yleclerc Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB
    I had a eVGA 9600GT with my Acer X223W for about 6 months. It was able to to handle the "default" resolutions (1680 x 1050) 16:10. However, this was before I was able to up to my 275 video card.

5. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Thanks man. But all you people please tell me which monitor to get.
    Which is better BenQ or samsung or Dell.

ThnX

6. yleclerc

yleclerc Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB
    I would consider the BenQ. It has HDMI connection, with seems to be the newest video connection. Your newer video card could possible have an HDMI out connector, either built-in or via a DVI to HDMI adapter.

7. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Please people Vote at least, IF you give no comment ok but at least give vote for the poll.

Thanks a lot.

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    BenQ i have a very similar model its a great monitor.

9. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i voted samsung, i have a sm2263uw... very pleased with it, samsung seem to be pretty good at the old screen-ness!!

10. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Thnx, I was hoping to get Dell, But I guess BenQ have the Edde for HDMI.

Al though al three of them are Capable of HDCP from DVI. But I must Ask as much for
    Image quality how much is the difference from DVI and HDMI.

11. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    None DVI is HDMI to put it simpley.

12. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    With the ability to carry sound through it :D.

Any way i voted for the BenQ, but may i ask what is the reason for the specific monitor size and/or resolution if any. Just that im running a 22" screen with a display resolution of 1680x1050 which is great for games and happy with my 9600GT's and is a decent size to work with serious applications (Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Audition etc.). Just that a 9600GT would be better for a 1680x1050 res than the 1920x1080. If your after the resolution why not just get a larger screen instead with the same resolution? Any way, my two cents but regardless i'd get the BenQ out of them in response to your whole thread.

13. GSS

GSS New Member

GPU:
    2 x Asus EN9600GT HTDI/1G
    I would definately go with the BenQ E2200 HD..."Why?"...Because the inclusion of an HDMI input v1.3 (the latest) offers you the ability to hook up all manner of additional devices, HD/Freeview Box, Game Consoles, BD Player/Home Cinema etc. Also the E2200 HD has built in speakers which further enhance the HDMI input as HDMI carries video & audio signails in a single cable.

The interface is the current standard on the latest generation of techy products. It makes sense to me, to make use of this connector allowing the monitor to be used for a variety of tasks as well as a pc screen.

For this reason I believe the E2200 HD represents better value, not necassarily the best of the three. If your use for a monitor is general then they are, in my opinion, equal & comparable to each other in terms of image, build quality etc., If your requirement for a monitor is specific to a particular task i.e photo/video production then it's a different story perhaps, but the BenQ is my choice.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    HDMI 1.3 spec is not the latest. HDMI 1.4 spec was recently accepted and approved....devices compliant with HDMI 1.4 should start to come around by next summer.

9600GT won't do 1080 res at max settings if you're playing anything recent (within last 2-3 years).

15. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    IMO if you want to do any gaming, get a monitor with 70Hz or higher refresh and 2-3Ms response time!

i'de get a good LG or samsung TBH.

16. yleclerc

yleclerc Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB
    The thing is, how soon will the video card be replaced? HDMI with nVidia is a lot more "tricky" as you need a SPDIF out pin header so as to connect the SPDIF HDMI audio cable.

17. GSS

GSS New Member

GPU:
    2 x Asus EN9600GT HTDI/1G
    I stand corrected...by latest I meant current compliant devices, as I assume the monitor will be bought before next summer!

The XFX 9600GT doesn't support HDMI, but yes a GPU that does offer support for HDMI out via the DVI-I output (video only) has to get it's digital sound from the mobo's spdif out header with a cable connection to the GPU to output sound through the DVI-I output via a DVI to HDMI converter.

18. yleclerc

yleclerc Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB
    Several other 9600GT video cards offer HDMI via a DVI to HDMI adapter kit. The adpter connects to the pirmary DVI port and there is a SPDIF Out cable to connect to a SPDIF Out header.

eVGA sells the kit separately. Do not know on XFX offering.

19. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    XFX dont offer HDMI adapter. But I am planing to purchase a new card soon.
    So no worries for that.

I dont have Console or Blue ray player to use HDMI. The monitor will be used mainly for PC (DVD, Net, Games). Thats way I am asking for image quality.

As every one is voting for Benq. I guess the IQ is better in benq.

20. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Samsung is equally good. I prefer it over BenQ..