Avatar: using Dunia engine, anyone else excited?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by F1refly, Sep 6, 2009.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    And no not the Anime cartoon. Probably old news to some, but its getting closer to release. Uses Dunia engine (Farcry 2) taking place in a very lush alien world, Looks freaking awesome, due out this december and based on the upcomming movie from James Cameron. Has a nice variety of alien life, can ride on beasts and play as human military or as alien Na've. Variety of plant life is amazing as well and looks like it has full day/night cycles, not sure if its open world play or not but looks it. certainly one of the better looking games to release this year. Also comes out on consoles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

720p ingame footage video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5LA9rc0ZVs

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Well the Dunia Engine is very good can't wait to see it on some lush terrain.

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hm... not sure if i'm excited about that, the engine is good, but nearly as good as the cryengine, we'll see what they can do with it, hopefully better then far cry 2

4. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    It looks great!Looking forward to this one!
    Farcry 2 had great looks but also had a bad and superficial storyline...

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Setting the bar high??? lol Anything is better than Far Cry 2lol

The concept is pretty cool, but sadly for those graphics it should not be playing in game as choppy as it is.. this scares me a bit..
    hopefully they'll be able to optimize it a lot by release

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    OMFGBBQWTF are you serious it looked like dog****

am i seeing something else :gape: i cant actually believe people think far cry 2 looked even merely ok

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I dont think cause it uses the same engine necessarily translates to being anything like FC2. This game is 3rd person, same company but different team of people working on it. This game is 4 years in the making. The trailer for the movie looks to have some good special effects too, i may go and see it but the game's storyline is a precursor to the movie.

8. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    well i actually think the game looks ok, the movie looks solid tho a part from the freaky blue elf people.

9. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    Awesome clarity.

10. Kaune

Kaune Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Palit 1080
    I loved Far Cry 2!!! There I said it :nerd:
    Then again I am from Africa and the environment was very well done and I love the fact that some of the ai spoke my language.

On topic: I will go and watch the movie just because off James Cameron, merely because of the fact that he made my all time favorites, Terminator 1 & 2

11. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Two factions about 5 meteres away from each other yeah top game design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: anyone who praises far cry 2 makes me srsly angry

12. Kaune

Kaune Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Palit 1080
    Correct, that was extremely lame!!!

Still, from my part consider Far Cry 2 praised, silly me. :bang: :biggun:

13. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    masterchiefx2 we all know you play far cry 2 on the sly :p

on a different note the game looked ok graphic wise compared to some games anyway, but the storyline etc was horrid

14. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    lol

i also have a hat saying go jesus

15. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    fc2 didnt keep me interested but seriously..u think the game looks JUST ok?..

its not as good as crysis for sure..but what is?
    and it runs a HELL of a lot better then crysis..

i mean really what game had hands down better gfx then fc2...im not saying there arent games with as good or maybe a little better but..i cant name any off the top of my head that just hands down better then fc2..it had good graphics for such a large world

16. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Im with DementeD, FC2 looked awesome, and it its very well optimized, were you can play a game that looks like that with a G80 card this days? i was playing it on a 8800 GTS 640 OC, and i was runing it at Max with 4x Antialiasing, I would be dreaming if i could play Cryisis at Full res high graphics and 4X aa getting Framerates higher than 60 FPS.

FC2 looked great and runned great, its a shame that it lacks soo many things story wise and even interactively wise. because you are just very handicaped in the interaction department

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    fc2 did look great, maybe not for your 280gtx and your i7, but yes here :p!.

i was not looking for this game, but it looks nice, maybe will have to =)

18. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Far cry 2 started to shine for me at max resolutions and aa with ultra high settings..
    So I think if they optimize the game engine with even better visuals this could be killer!

19. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I thought it looked excellent myself. People don't seem to understand that there isn't much you can do to make the African Safari look beautiful.... it's the desert, don't expect it to be on par with the same type of location as Crysis. And no I'm not saying FC2 was on par graphically with Crysis, to be clear here it wasn't. But that doesn't mean it's not a bad looking game.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  20. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Wow first I heard about this definitely looks worth checking out nice lush enviorments coupled with dinosaurs=win.

Too bad it'll likely not run well on my rig=0