Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    There's wheels out there costing over $1000. And then some. But that $224 is a great price for the G25.

2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I guess you didn't see the FIA-GT race at Budapest today then :3eyes:

Or any GT race ever...

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Seen plenty of them, couple days ago Franchorchamps, the races on Zolder, ...

Cars can be hard to handle, but not as hard as some games make them out to be.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh what happened in that race? I was watching F1 from Spa...

But I think he was referring to cars being "too difficult to drive" in GTR. While they are and that's true, I'd love to see Corrupt sit in a Saleen S7 and do a 1:44:xxx time without killing himself. It's not easy to drive fast. Then some of the cars in GT5p are a bitch to drive.

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I think i might get the logitech GT sooner rather than later as i guess when GT5 comes out they will be hard to get.

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Admittedly there was some crashing :wanker: but isn't there always lol

I only watched the first hour because the F1 started, why do they have to schedule them at the same time.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    :eek2:

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Driving fast isn't hard, but driving fast and reaching for the maximum potential a car has in terms of cornering and accelerating is, it requires loads of practice and getting used to a car.

But I'm sick and tired of people confusing realism with how easily they go out of corners. In a normal decent car you need to do quite some effort to lose control, especially when they've got traction control/ABS/... enabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWtCklcYy8s&feature=related

An old cockpit view from Le Mans, when they didn't have the chicanes yet. He's driving a Porsche 956, no driving aids, topspeeds near the 250mph mark.

Tbh the biggest difference between regular people and the person in that car is not the potential driving skills, no it's the fact that he has the balls to do it. In order to go this fast and still try and perform better and better requires you to be absolutely fearless. Fear would completely mess up your concentration.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    right, did you not see him counter-steer on the exit of almost every corner? He could do it because he's that good. You're not. Did you see the F1 feature on Top Gear? When Hammond drove the Renault F1 car and he was rubbish. He simply couldn't keep it on the road because he was too slow and his tyres were cold. Put a F1 driver in that car and they will drive it no problem. Hammond wasn't good enough of a driver to drive a F1 car.
    Only because you keep spinning out it doesn't mean that the game is unrealistically hard. There's a lot of good drivers out there who will do hundreds of fast laps without spinning too much with ease.

10. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    :3eyes: Maybe in a 1 liter vauxhal corsa. Have you ever drove a sports car? They are not easy to handle at all.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    even with an 200sx you can lose control of the car if not careful and it has only some 190hp and not too much torque. and that car is like very very good to drive :eek:

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Does anybody know if the steering wheel from the ps2 is supported for GT5 ??
    its this one:
    [​IMG]

13. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    That's the Driving Force Pro and it's supposedly officially supported along with the Driving Force GT, GT Force, Driving Force and Driving Force EX, and the G25 has unofficial support

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yep, thats the dfp, i have one and use it with gt5p every day. Plug it in and ur set to go. Its that simple. You can adjust force feedback etc from the game's menu. It works beautifuly with gt5p! Great wheel.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Fantastic, just what i wanted to hear :banana:

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I bought the Logitech Driving Force GT for £53.00, i will have a try later.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Great news mate, im sure ul love it! Shall we set up a little challenge guys? Pick a track and a car and see who can put in the fastest lap time? Anyone up for it? Maybe a little poll with a few tracks and cars running for a day or two and then we can get on with it!

EDIT- I suggest Suzuka and F430 or Nissan GTR what u reckon guys?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

OMG I just received my G25 and tried GT5P with it. I'll be honest, I didn't like GT5 at all, found it VERY boring. But man, MAN, this wheel in GT5 is EFFING epic awesome. I have no words. Speechless.

Rfactor, GTR2, Richard Burns rally, Test drive unlimited here I come!!

On the other side... it made Dirt 2 really hard to drive :( I guess I'll have to play it some more to get the feel.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's a fantastic wheel, but it does work better with Sims than arcade racers.

But i find racing games boring too when using a pad, but with the G25, i can just drive round in circles for hours just for the sake of it.

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Sure man I'm up for it! I'll need some time tho cuz I just got into it but I got the Nissan GT-R 07 ;)

I'm totally in love with my new wheel lol. Best peripheral ever. Clutch + H shifter in GT5 is pure gold. Dirt 2 is also really nice once you are used to it, really really great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.