Auzen X-fi Home Theater 7.1 HDMI 1.3!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    If I get a chance to review it, I will.

2. northreign

northreign Member

"If I get a chance to review it, I will."

Suffice to say the natives are restless on this one.

The manual will answer most of my questions though so will dig into that .pdf doc. Nice of them to release that already.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, I am well aware of this. I have been following the devleopment of this card from the start. To note: I released the first pictures and specifications to the net of this card.

4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I'd love to see this compare to the HDAV...

5. davinleeds

davinleeds Active Member

GPU:
    6450/5750/i3530/9800gt
    I'm still waiting for that review. :(

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Now the HTHD has been relased I am sure it will be reviewed by all the sites.

7. duffarama

duffarama Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580
    The card is being released in Australia on September 1st.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, similar design to the headphone amplifier on the Forte 7.1 using discrete transistors.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I think an interesting point, is this card will allow you to get full high resolution audio without the need for the external gear.
    If you have the drive the card will allow you to decode right to your speakers. Which is very good for many that do not have the money for the external receiver.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  10. terranaut

terranaut Member

GPU:
    580gtx
    when it arrives, id like to run analog (3 pairs of rcas) 5.1 to a rotel all digital amp, but split the front 2 (l&r) into a 'woo audio' headphone amp as well, so i can drive two pairs of denon 7000s.
    so i take it the opamp upgrade (637s from auzentech directly) i do on it will affect both main speakers sound and the headphone sound...does anyone sell opamp upgrades for auzentechs other than auzentech, and its hard to know the quality of the sound of an opamp without having a chance to test them, if its more about the sound quality and not going by just 'well this one costs more so it must sound better'. is there one opamp considered all around to be the best of all? i dont want the opamp to be the weakest link in a setup...

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You will have to do op-amp rolling as diffent op-amps can be favored by different people. As also your gear comes into play to how they sound etc.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Sure, one of the best aspects of this card. The opamps used in this card stock is pretty good. I have tested many opamps including all of the units from Auzentech. Perhaps I will through the opamps in their also when I get to reviewing this card.

13. northreign

northreign Member

Would love to see games/media have the ability to use the HD codecs (or a DTS interactive HD?) for higher bit rates. But until then, that's my limiting factor. It doesn't do that right? DTSi for example is still at 1.5Mb while over HDMI?

And what does it exactly mean that music can use entertainment mode? Does it just simply apply for example DDpro logic music or II music, or does the music have access to HD like bit rates?

Otherwise looks like a pretty incredible card.

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    IF the media is high definition then your ok. If you have some medi that is just normal
    DTS you cannot use DTS-HD etc to make the audio sound better. It is limited to what it was encoded at. If I am understanding you correctly.
    X-fi have different modes in their drivers for various tasks, such as gaming or entertainment..etc.

15. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    if you are sending the audio over hdmi anyway, there is no need for things like ddl or dts interactive iirc. you just send lpcm over hdmi, no encoding nessecary.

16. northreign

northreign Member

Oh wait I forgot about all that stuff! :-O

So for example a game running in 5.1 would be transferred with hdmi in pcm at say 24/48 in 5.1.

Since pcm is uncompressed vs the 1.5Mb of DTSi it should sound better right?

BTW, thanks for the replies.

17. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    yes. pcm is uncompressed, so will sound better(if you can hear the difference, quite a few people cant)

18. northreign

northreign Member

Pretty sure I remember testing 2.0pcm over optical which did sound better than 2.0dtsi over optical, but its been a while. (Oh on this audio system you'll hear the difference.)

PCM was worthless to me on the pc since DTSi came out. Really hated all those cables.

This card is now on my buy list. Edit: Now ordered.

Thanks again.

19. davinleeds

davinleeds Active Member

GPU:
    6450/5750/i3530/9800gt
    Some info:
    A U Tube post info via AVS. It's confusing in his assertion that Auzentech is the first, and camera has to much movement. He has three videos posted. Someone had to be first.

ROB, took it off as you did on the other thread.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Davinleeds...thx. This guy is using this opportunity to promote his company. He is not an official reviewer and was not chosen by anybody to demo or review this card.
    His suggestion that his company was chosen over other media companies is blatent misrepresentation and is underhanded spamming of his company.
    I ran into him at HWC and knocked him down a few pegs. I think AVS pulled his threads and links for spamming.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009