3 x gtx 260 or 1 gtx 295

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by geopouros, Aug 24, 2009.

1. rocca

rocca Member

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X Boost
    what the hell is going on here?
    has nobody read the core i7 reviews?
    you have a q9650 for crying out loud. for gaming, it won't be much of a difference. and the phenom is inferior to the i7, so maybe it'll be worse than what you have now
    are you sure you want to make the jump RIGHT NOW? they already have core i5 motherboards on sale, 6-core intels later, and directx11 ati cards launch in 1-2 months
    and nobody seems to point this out :3eyes:

2. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    The MSI version has DDR3, its just released, so wait a bit.

I suggested it in my first post itself. He seem to ignore it...:3eyes:

3. nascasho

nascasho Master Guru

GPU:
    GV-N670OC-2GD @ 1250Mhz
    X58 ftw.

4. geopouros

geopouros Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x ASUS HD5870 ATI
    we know man that new staff are coming out but new staff come out all the time when they come we will get them :) as for now if you see tests the x4 955 is the same with the one i have but stock and the x4 gets craze oc if you like its a BC and as for the I7 its mach more $$$ for the hole set up to do just for a pit more power... :)

5. nascasho

nascasho Master Guru

GPU:
    GV-N670OC-2GD @ 1250Mhz
    Uhhhhh... :3eyes: Yeeeeeah. Um, so who's hungry?

6. geopouros

geopouros Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x ASUS HD5870 ATI
    me!!!!!!!

7. rocca

rocca Member

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X Boost
    seriously it would be a big mistake. you'd most likely LOSE performance. not to mention money. but hey, it's yours. have your fun.
    i suggest you get some more ssd's if you want more performance. also add more mechanical storage for movies and stuff
    get a screen with higher resolution. i can't stand this 1680x1050 thing (REALLY? you need 3-way for that rez with a 280?). get 1080p (still no 280 killer) and you'll see the world differently :grin:
    blu-ray writer, etc
    it's the worst time to "upgrade"
    and the STUFF you want to get now is the same or even worse, i don't see the point of it. if you want better now, get the i7, but i'd still wait. it's not about "oh there's always something better", it's about a certain threshold of performance that needs to be reached, one that you're happy with. like it was a while ago to have something that plays every kind of movie. that's been done, most people don't need more than that. for now, we need to wait for something that finally puts a nail into crysis' coffin and that's that. we wait for something better to beat. until then, we should be happy with whatever kills it. "a little more" performance is not a worthwhile goal

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  8. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Forgot to mention it earlier: the nForce 980 is the exact, same thing as the nForce 780. Only the former supports AM3 and DDR3.

9. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Told already.

10. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I'm sorry, you never said they were essentially the same thing.

11. geopouros

geopouros Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x ASUS HD5870 ATI
    I all ready sold the old pc so i have to get some new staff let me see this i7 staff :) i know the i7 is good but is a bit to price... but why not or i will go i get the same cpu but with a nice 780 mobo and the gtx295 with a good ssd and new case and thats that :)

12. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Get the i7. It won't cost you more than 450$ (MOBO/RAM/CPU) and its worth it. You can get AMD for 50$-80$ cheap but i7 is the best recommended.

You highlited it though,..:)

13. geopouros

geopouros Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x ASUS HD5870 ATI
    INTEL Core i7 i7-920+ASUS x58 RAMPAGE II GENE 517$

INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9550 +ASUS P5N72-T PREMIUM 390$

ASUS M4N82 DELUXE nforce 980a+AMD Phenom II X4 955 394$

xmmm....

14. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    But i7 is worth according to me. 955 performs as much as a Q9550 or Q9650 app. So, why do you really want to move to AMD?:3eyes:

15. geopouros

geopouros Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x ASUS HD5870 ATI
    125 $ dif and do not forget ram as well dd3 is 2 times the dd2 plus the x4 oc's very well
    as i said before i know i7 rock but we have 200$ with ram deference
    But seriously because i have the money for the i7 you people have me thinking about them...:(

check this out i know i7 is better but see the ather one :)
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-versus-i7,2360.html

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009

16. rocca

rocca Member

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X Boost
    go for the i7 or else the whole thing wasn't worth all the trouble. you can start by only putting in 3GB ddr3 and add more later
    also, not to be a grammar ***** but i've already written this word in LARGE FRIENDLY LETTERS in a previous post and it really bothered me..
    [​IMG]

17. nascasho

nascasho Master Guru

GPU:
    GV-N670OC-2GD @ 1250Mhz
  18. Democ

Democ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 5850
    be nice, english is clearly a 2nd language for him and maybe he just missed it :(

On another note, here is what you need to do.

If you want to sli 260s 275s or get a 295 you really should have a x4 955 at a minimum. But the poster above me is absolutely right, its really not worth it to pursue a multi gpu rig and not go i7 especially for tri or quad sli.

If you are heart set on amd cpu, understand that you are limited to probably limited x2 sli at best, and 980 series mobo is an absolute must.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been suggested but, have you considered waiting for i5? Not quite as expensive as I7 but still great multi-thread and game performance...something to consider.

19. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Thats anoter option. i5 750 performs as much as i7 920 in gaming. So consider it.

20. geopouros

geopouros Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x ASUS HD5870 ATI
    As for my English sorry but i all ready stayed that im not good at them if you like i can speak Greek :) lets see who will understand :)

As i see Democ and jmpnop have gtx260 216 how are they treading you is it a good one for its money?
    I'm thinking to get something cheap for now until the new STUFF come out and then get something new and powerful
    For now i was thinking for an asus 980 with a amd x2 550 and 2 x 260 216 with 4gb ram it will cost me like 600-700 the hole pc :)
    I think it will be ok for a while :)
    When are the I5 coming out?