190.62 WHQL drivers available.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Onoskelis, Aug 21, 2009.

1. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    So you're calling everybody a liar then ? Placebo effect my arse - benchmarks don't lie, numbers don't lie FFS - if people were to judge frame rate by eye only then maybe, but numbers don't lie - there is PROOF / FACT that those bloody tossers NVIDIA are using some dynamic clocking, this is totally useless, they don't need to do that with the clocks FFS, at least they should put a control panel to enable or disable dynamic clocks for ****sake !!!! this clocking crap is what is causing stuttering other problems ! If in nvidia drivers the place where you adjust your clocks manually, if you set them MANUALLY instead of auto, will the drivers still throttle up/down or will they bi fixed to what you've set ?

I think NVIDIA should be held liable for screwing up - I mean people were bashing creative labs for bad drivers, NVIDIA has to have the worst - Why the bloody **** can't they make one set of drivers that take full advantage of the bloody GPU I spent so much money on instead of spending years on trying to scramble with drivers - this is UNACCEPTABLE.

2. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Two days now and not a single problem with these drivers that I can see. I'm going to commit blaspheme here by saying this, but these 190.62 drivers stomp the piss out of the 182.50 on this system. Smooth and fast!

Outstanding job nVidia.

Rimmer66, you might want to check your system bud. You have had problems with every driver so far, I seriously doubt every driver can be that broken, at this point its got to be something with your rig.

3. pokuly

pokuly Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti SC
    I am with Rimmer66 here. At least me has the same problem with these silly up-downclocking with all 190s drivers in Win7RC1.
    Most annoying is the fact that with these 190s the new "Powermanagement" should do a better powermanagement then before but it got worse.
    I use the 186.35 ones and before the earlier 186.xx ones and these had a good working powermanagement without having a fancy option.
    So it may be Win7 only but i see more people complaining about this same problem.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  4. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    Nothing wrong with my system guy ! How come many are having the same ****ing problem ??? Why don't I have any issues with 182.50, not even with the new 186s - the 190 are ****e !!! the up/downclocking ****e is not because of my system it is a built-in dynamic clocking feature of the new bastardly 190 drivers, has nothing to do with my system. I can accept a few frames drop in new drivers against new features, but bloody not playing with my clocks that is utterly unacceptable!

5. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    My re badged 9800gt same thing as your 8800gt is based off the same 65nm G92 chip. I see no dynamic clock changes in eVGA Precision or GPUZ? so something with your system has to be different. Software, other?

Just saying.

6. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Sorry man.
    I thought I was onto something. Hope next one will fix fan problem.

7. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    My gpu fans just don't spin up on load and overheat lol.

nice work nvidia ;)

8. Dion

Dion Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB
    If someone with these new drivers could test L4D with Multicore enabled and see if it still stutters. I have XP also. Although I think the problem is in Vista too but not 100% sure on that.

9. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I had high hopes for these drivers, but it's back to 190.15, crashing and down clocking during 3D apps.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yes there is something wrong with your system, its either hardware or software, but something isn't right, stop bein arogant and fix it.
    People with no problems stay quiet, so a few people with problems isn't a bug and the majority of people, including myself have no problem with these, i also get the changing clock speeds, but i have lower temperatures and higher minimum and average framerates, and great image quality.

Who fecking cares if they are varying, its for the better, you've done nothing but bitch like a little girl with PMT, its only a driver, whats wrong with you??

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009

11. Silpheed

Silpheed New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS (XE) 320MB

How did you set it to display as histogram? I couldn't find the option anywhere.

12. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    also got the same message the drivers seemed to work ok but i like nhancer so went back to 186.18 but had to re-install them twice said some traces where left from 190.xxx after i had used driver sweeper in safe mode.

13. linson

linson Member Guru

GPU:
    PC 5850 + LG 32LH70YR

still, those are LCD monitor your pertaining... I am pertaining to an LCDTV.

Try using an LCDTV

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm using a Sony Bravia 40" HDTV. All resolutions work fine.

15. linson

linson Member Guru

GPU:
    PC 5850 + LG 32LH70YR
    dsub?

16. bcham

bcham Guest

GPU:
    palit gtx560ti
    these give me 12fps more in rainbowsix vegas 2. keepers.

17. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    ok....strangely my gpu fan started to work fine again....sped up under load....then slowed down to about 64% after.....hasn't done that since 186.18 lol

64% isn't great....but its better than staying at 80+ all the time

18. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    GPU Monitor Gadget

[​IMG]

In Vista64 no problems with jumping clocks in idle. In Seven RTM any 190.xx driver is jumping like crazy.
    For now in Seven I'm with 186.18 and everything is fine.

19. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX 3060Ti
    Do you also get stuck at 3d clocks after for example Overlord II or 3dMark Vantage?

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I guess thats a major factor to consider with drivers. The OS.