Where to order Asus ROG Mars GTX 295 ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hisshadow, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    No one said to shut the hell up, we both said we were going to ignore you. It's like criticizing a millionaire for owning a Ferrari and not shopping around for the cheapest gas station. If someone is rich enough to afford two $1700 cards, they obviously either have a **** ton of money, or they don't have their priorities in order. Either way, unless they are complaining some where else that they can't feed themselves and they are buying these cards, you cannot make the assumption that they are wasting their money. I have no problem with people stating their opinion, but as I said, I'm going to ignore it.

What really annoyed me the most was your "kid" at the end of your original comment, but you edited it out.

2. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    I'm definitely not a horrible person for ordering them, just the only hobby I have really..
    I think it's a great one to have! Also, It's not like I sold everything in the house to pay for them. :)

3. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    you have too much moneis. :p

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Me? I've not said anything about his wasting money. Nice little story based on assuming you presented. Though I admit I did find it a bit odd he was worrying about spending a tiney fraction of the cost of the cards on a PSU that would run them safely. But that's just me. Personally, I'm still wondering if it is a scam but hey, that is my opinion and time will tell. I consider anyone short of 25 a kid. Sue me.

5. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Time will tell I guess.. Good thing I'm almost 30.. :)

6. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Man, I love the p6t7 ws supercomputer mobo but should I use the classified instead?? Dont know?? :) cant tell which is better

7. Adicto

Adicto Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    Don't think there will be much difference between those two mobos :p
    (Im noob, so dont take my opinion into account) :D

Damn, i can't wait to see pics + benchies xD

8. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    So I think the ssd's will be a good choice for benches as well.. You think it will matter or no??

9. RRRage

RRRage Banned

GPU:
    XFX GTX295/LG 21.5 inch
    At Crysis I got average frames of 45 at Very High, 64 bits DX10 1920x1080 and 40 frames for 8xAA. I am using pagefile at SSD, and have Crysis stored at WD green. All running at default clock. So it assume SSD can boost the game speed. :)

Edit: Minus it was on HD4890 Crossfire. =/

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  10. sheira

sheira Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580 DCII
    Classified is probably the best board on market for i7 and extreme overclocking - extreme systems (like yours with the beast cards soon :p). Another board which you could consider is Asus Rampage II. Those 2 are the best on the market, but honestly, your p6t7 ws supercomputer is not too far behind and just fine as well.

You see, i'v got Gigabyte EX58-UD5 (which is very similar to your board i think) and i would get classified, if i had the money to spend... just out of the passion. :)

11. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Shut up. Stop whining.

As for watercooling the mars cards I thought about that :S and I honest have no idea. If normal GTX275 waterblocks fit on 285s then a standard 295 block SHOULD work :S

12. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Bodar i'm assuming you're gaming on a 30" @ 2560x1600

what games are you having problems maxing out? The only game i can't run maxed is Crysis. It's your money of course, but i would strongly advise waiting a couple of months and getting the next generation of cards. If this had been 9 months ago i would have said go for it.

But, these cards are massively overpriced (as you would admit) and i don't think they will have more than 15% improved performance over the current GTX295's.
    Up to you though man, but i am also 30 years old and with having a house, a baby on the way and a nice car - i couldn't afford to be so rash with that amount of cash

Good luck

13. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Money is not a concern for him. Mars quad-SLI now, GT300 Tri-SLI then:thumbup:

14. NomadicX

NomadicX Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1660 Ti
    Get off Bodar's back, he wanted the cards, could afford the cards and bought the cards, it was his choice and his money. Lucky for us he posts here and we'll get to see the benchies. I for one am looking forward to seeing how well his beast performs.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Pack sand tiny. LOL

16. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Not really, that's about what you'd expect with an I7. I had similar results with my GTX295, AVG 45, but with 8x AA the average was around 37

17. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC

Did i say i was jealous. Not at all, im far more interested in its out of world performance which it isn't.....regardless of all the stupid and idiotic "its not your money" or "your jealous" comments it just isn't that much better than two normal 295's. Thats it end of story! I don't care if some one else can buy 2 of these, and im still interested in what results he gets, but as for the card itself at that price its just too much for so little. It would be like instead of getting a normal Bugatti with 1000BHP you buy a Bugatti "oh my god my tits are on fire fast eddition" with 1020BHP and saying that its even better for 3 times the price and telling every one else that they are jealous for telling you that its not that great a deal. Any one with an inch of common sense can see that's silly.

18. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Don't diss my car :p

19. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    What happened to the OP getting this card in a few days?

That was 7 days ago, man you must have gone with the cheapest shipping possible, or you are a liar....

20. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    i cant wait to see what these cards can do nice job Bodar dude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.