[XF]nVIDIA ForceWare 190.40 2009 7/25

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by z.., Jul 25, 2009.

1. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Squall is right, it is not a driver bug. In previous versions of Windows, it would just round up to 60hz even though it was 59.x hz.

In windows 7, it does not round up so it shows it as 59. Your monitors display rounds up to 60, hence why it says 60. The program he mentioned gives the exact value.

2. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Yep, and because of this, a minority of games are failing because they expect atleast 60hz, which is an incorrect way to do things, since some monitors can run at 50/55hz.

3. SplitBURST

SplitBURST Member

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX260/HTDP 896 MB
    I don't mean to be rude, but this is bull ****! I play all games just fine.

Btw about the rounding up. I got my CPU OC at 3.3GHz Win 7 shows 3.72GHz talk about rounding up!

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    What I want everybody to do here, is get back on topic and drop the 60hz discussion.

Thanks.

5. SplitBURST

SplitBURST Member

GPU:
    Yep your right. Let me end with saying (I got a pm for Squall Leonhart but he wouldn't let me send one back so... here it is "Minority means most, right? ;)

:kissin::banana:

BTW do anyone know if the clocks are fixed in this driver. That is do they still jump up and down (going back and forth from 2D -> 3D mode for no reason?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  6. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Majority = most
    Minority = least.

:) As to the drivers, the 2D <=> 3D modes are still not working properly.

7. SplitBURST

SplitBURST Member

GPU:
    My bad then :nerd:

gaah, Nvidia having a hard time getting it right. It was/is good as it is. With the older drivers like 186.16. Why mess with it damnit! :bang:

Nvidia
    :stewpid:

8. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Probably trying to improve the cards power efficiency.

9. cccm

cccm New Member

GPU:
    gainward/8600gt/512mb
    I havent tried any other forceware driver exept this one, however comparing to standard drivers my fps went up slightly, and about ppl asking alt-tab, works for me atleast while running WoW (fullscreen ofc), no delay nothing.

maybe the alt-tab issue is vista related?

anyway these drivers rocks compared to standard, OC'd my card quite abit havent rly seen any probs in terms of stability with theses drivers
    standard rates: 540mhz gpu, 1400mhz mem
    OC'd with 190.40: 700mhz gpu, 1800mhz mem

10. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    With all this conflict i will wait a bit and see what happens in the next set. MY IQ and alt tabbing and such all working normal for me 190.38 fulls. But just a thought that Hilbert reminded me about a few posts up: This place i think is to find the good, mention the bad, and ALWAYS remember--These are to be considered -HIGHLY BETA USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK--That is the way i approach them. If they are better then what i have I use them , if not I roll'em back, same-simple no need for all the flaming guys, It does not help the new folks and disappoints most of the (old folks,)<-- "Time in here wise" ;->
    IMHO-- Lets try to just help others and make ourselves look better then the normal folks. Thanks. That's what brought me to and keeps me coming this forum year after year 1st. There are so many others out there not operating at the class that i think this forum represents. Also it's the reason that we get alot of quality beta files here first before others do. Folks here know there drivers and attempt to HELP OTHERS make them work, or at least give good input to help get them right, Without all the off topic trolling and dragging the mud. Let alone even being lucky enough to have all these nice beta drivers to test in the first place! Again just my opinion...

I will get off my soapbox now thanks for reading this. I hope it helps ;-)

Allup

11. ryansteed

ryansteed New Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Removed

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I have said many times that AA and AF performance with the 190 series have been the highest I have seen out the previous gens, nobody believes me though ;P

13. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Impossible to force AA on XP 32bits version drivers 190.38 for me (In D3D games)...

What about this release ?

No feedback ?

14. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    hmm...

luckily i have a test case right now.......

hmm... not just profiles, i can't enable AA in games where i've set profiles to App default either.

it appears that 190.38 ignores the profile entirely and only applies what is set in globals.

your right though, it works in opengl

15. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    somehow these made my WEI graphics score go from 6.5 to 7.3 compared to 190.38

16. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    ...but these make L4D crash and so I went back to 190.38 :program:

17. Selebrian

Selebrian Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 250 GTS
    I have ahd issues with WoW and alt-tabbing back in for a while now. I see people complaining about a 10 sec wait to get in .. try 1 - 2 min : /. Sooo frustrating for raids.

Anyways ... I found a solution to this in the WoW forums.

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opengl_3_driver.html

Using that driver I have no alt-tab issue and I also noticed an increase in FPS and a lot less jagged edges.

It says OpenGL .. so I tried WoW in OpenGL mode quite awful. The cursor was very laggy .. so I went back to Direct3D. So far so good.

18. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    to use that driver do i need to uninstall my old one?....or is it an add on of some sort?.....btw 190.40 is stable for me but fan speed is still funked up so im using 186.18 atm

19. Selebrian

Selebrian Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 250 GTS
    I just installed it.. never deleted the other driver. Everything is working good for me.

20. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    No one person is correct mind you. It was stated actually various times in the forums and in this thread, including me who stated old OS's were likely rounding up. I never concerned myself with it and even stated to those to check you LCD manual which likely lists it as 59 and change for the refresh rate.