Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    lol ..

thing is on there site there not selling the cards.. they may go up. would be hard to swap card with HomeTheater HD coming out i do not want to go back to serious driver issues if there is any . chance i do not want to take .

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I wouldn't worry about the HTHD7.1 if your not considering using HDMI for movies etc..
    There is really no point.

3. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I know this isn't the forte thread but does anybody know if upgrading my opamps would get rid of the little bit of sibilance in the highs? Or is this the dac's doing and undefeatable? The essence STX is looking mighty good but the gaming features are a deal breaker for me.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yes it should, just research on opamps or get a bunch of op-amps and go rolling til you find the one you like.Also not all IC's will work as op-amps. I will prolly suggest some like some OPA2277's there dual channel, Robscix also makes some OPA827AID's Soic on Soic to Dip-8 adaptors there single channel so two gets solder on for left and right. He does a great job too with his solding work thats where I got my OPA827AU from.

Unless you meant not EAX3-4 a deal breaker unless you dont want emulated eax5,I can understand that. But you can use Two sound cards together using Velbac using the features from one card and the SQ of another one without any cables.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009

5. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    The Prelude just came back in stock at the Auzentech website. Its selling for $199.99 US, so if they ever get some shipped to a place like Newegg that sells it cheaper, you'll have to shell out some extra cash from Auzentech directly. At least it is back in stock though, we'll see for how long.

6. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Good lookin man, I like the forte but there's just a touch of sibilance, I'm lookin for a more extended, smooth high end. The burr-browns would give me that you say?

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    There are lots of ways you can go with opamps.... The best way is to just do some testing and see which ones agree with you gear and you ears.

8. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    unfortunately I don't have $100's to throw down for testing purposes. So is life

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    $100? Those are th highest priced opamps you can get. You can find opamps for much less money $1,$2? 5? -Free?
    You can get opamps samples from many companies if you are say a student or involved with electronics..designs..etc.

10. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    The only ones I was aware of were the ones on auzens website. The cheapest one is 35 usd and the other ones are like 65 and 250 usd

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No, there are many opamps that you can buy for soundcards. Here is a pic of some modules I made for the Prelude and my other cards.
    [​IMG]
    There is a dual LME49710HA (dual metal cans) and a
    single 49720HA (single metal can)

They sound very nice, as they are in the same family as the LM4562NA. I watermark my pictures in case they find their way to other fourms.
    Both opamps were built custom by me but the dual LME module is very rare.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    nice, way ahead of my modding knowledge and miles out of my league. :)

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Thx. I am building some newer modules very high priced. I have also been working with some cusomt built discrete opamps units built from transistor and other discrete components. -Different then a chip opamps.

14. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
  15. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForceā„¢ 8800 GTS Fat
    I don't think you can...but then again you have an actualy physical remote that came with your A/V Receiver unit.

16. niCe99

niCe99 New Member

Got a question.

I want the best possible sound quality, musical wise not games or movies, coming to my ears.

So far i have my sound setup like this

Auzentech Prelude --> Headphone AMP (Pro-Ject Head Box II) --> Denon AH-D2000

For my prelude i have it set at Audio Creation mode set at 44.1kHz, Bit-Matched Playback CHECKED and 100% Volume on the console (i control the volume via my AMP)

Along with that, I also set the WINDOWS speakers setting to 24 bit, 44100 Hz (STUDIO QUALITY).

Program i am using for music is FOOBAR version 9.5.3. Along with that, i have also ASIO setup via foobar to transmit via my Prelude.

Is there anything else i should be doing in order to get the best possible sound? I am using Windows 7 64bit Build 7100.

Thanks.

17. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Of course, there's one thing you could do and it happens to be the most important one:

Sit back and enjoy your music/sound!

:D

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You don't really need the system set to 24/44.1.

I am sure 16.44.1 is enough unless your using DVD audio...

19. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I think the prelude sounds great just out of the box. I just change some minor things, like using wasapi in fooobar as output just for convenience sake (it shuts down all other windows sounds)

20. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all need help i think my card is broke

ok ive tested both and dts/ddl as ive been told dts offers better sound quality, but it would seem that dts also needs me to turn up the amp power more as the volume is not as loud as with ddl

is this normal as id say its around 10% lower in volume compared to ddl?