ATI Catalyst 9.8 Official links from ATI

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by doomangel, Aug 15, 2009.

1. doomangel

doomangel Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 480 4GB
    [​IMG]Though these drivers are not yet available on the official download page, Over at Quakecon Ian “Cabrtosr” McNaughton released Catalyst 9.8 drivers.
    According to the latest info, with this driver, you should see significant performance increases on AMD platforms.
    These improvements are more platform related – you will see gains of up to 50% in some titles (like Far Cry 2) when using a CrossFire solution with 4870 X2 or other 4xxx series in resolutions 16x10 and higher – you’ll see these gains mostly in CPU-bound situations. You will also see significant improvements in titles like HAWX, Crysis, Company of Heroes and World in Conflict.

Download:
    ** post updated - your links to the akamai servers from ATI do not allow remote linking (leeching). Guru3D.com mirrors added :)

Doomangel: whoa!look how my post grew up!thanx for correcting it, links worked for me so i posted them

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  2. vurt

vurt Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Too bad they dont work.. "Unauthorized Download"

3. Ironjer

Ironjer Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD 295X2 CrossfireX
  4. dudikaz

dudikaz Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX480
    links work fine for me, downloading atm

5. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    The blog links work fine, Tnx!

6. vebero

vebero Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD 5750 850/1075MHz
    So far I tried only COD4 and got 6 - 10 fps increase. Amazing. :)

7. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    There not from ati lol there from Guru3d there not on the ATI website.

8. Ham

Ham Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870HD 1GB
    They were released by ATI at QuakeCon today, and they're hosted on Guru3D mirrors.

9. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
  10. Dre46

Dre46 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    What O.S

11. vebero

vebero Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD 5750 850/1075MHz
    Vista x64. And that's in multiplayer. In singleplayer fps increase is very minimal (1 - 3 fps).

EDIT: In Crysis DX9 1-2 fps increase in some places.
    RS:V2 - fps is the same as with 9.7 drivers.
    Will test GTA IV now.

12. Insane64

Insane64 Guest

HD4870X2, Windows 7 x64, FarCry 2 1680x1050 Ultra High DX 10 - 25 FPS diference :) from 79 fps average to 104 fps average.

13. dudikaz

dudikaz Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX480
    well what can i say.. i'm selling my 4870x2 as of today.. re5 benchmark crossfire - not fixed, street fighter 4 level 3 crossfire - not fixed, flatout ultimate carnage crossfire - not fixed, devil may cry 4 crossfire - not fixed [stuttering as hell in some places, mostly in cutscenes]. i wrote to ati few times bout this [few month ago], got no response nor drivers got fixed... i'm really frustrated of this waiting for those lazy asses to fix these problems... goodbye ati. looking for gtx295 atm.

14. Hamish

Hamish Member

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 4870x2
    Yeh the drivers for the 4870X2 damn annoy me too... If I had the money I'd switch over to NVIDIA. But I don't at the moment, so I hope ATI sort their **** out.

15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

thats bcs of your explorer blocking referee Enable the "send referees" option.

16. Hardware Killer

Hardware Killer Member Guru

GPU:
    7970 Lightning Quadfire
    My system smashes devil may cry and RE 5, I doubt is is ATI's drivers, you may have other problems.

17. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    In some systems crossfire just don't wan't to go right, there's a lot of complains, even when i don't have crossfire experience, i won't bet on new drivers to solve it.
    Do anyone thougt it could be some pattern, psu, motherboard, even some background software affecting performance?
    When i strip the garbage out of Vista i got memory usage from 1 gb down to a slim 480mb, and games worked and felt almost 30% faster.
    I truly believe that some psu don't feed the card right even with the right amps.

Update: The drivers work brilliantly on xp, i couldn't get 9.7 ccc to work, so i rolled back to 9.6, this version works perfect and is the first one that keeped my custom configurations, profiles and hotkeys from my previous!

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    This guy said the very opposite of you with RE5
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33950798 (4850 CF)
    which was the 1st game your mentioned.

Oh look here is another person saying the same thing:

19. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 X Trio
    Installed and working great no problems at all. these seem to run better for me then any other driver set i have ran with my 4890. big jumps in any game i have played that uses the far cry engine. Over 50 fps in Aion.

20. dudikaz

dudikaz Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX480
    you two don't get it, 4870x2 should do 1xx fps in area 3 and now it does only about ~20-30 while area 1 which looks way more impressive gets like 120fps... it's not my pc, everyone with 4870x2 knows this. dmc4 benchmark runs @200fps if i remember correctly, but the thing is that in cutscene's it's starting to stutter, i hadn't this problem with 4870 i had before. flatout runs totally crappy witch cf enabled, like 30fps or smth.. street fighter 4 all runs fine except level three, can't remember it's name.. if i disable cf it runs fine as well and ati can't fix this bull***t for two months now... idiots