What are you proud of

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by proFits, Aug 7, 2009.

1. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    You're right about that. I tried to quit (attended AA, treatment progams, etc.), for about ten years...never thought I would do it...and thankyou. ;)

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    -Im proud that peer pressure doesnt effect me. Although I have tried extacy, weed, smoking etc. It just wasnt me and I can easily say no to offers and not give a **** what people think.

3. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    im proud that i've never got addicted to smoking. usually smoke a pack a month.

Strange Times likes this.
  4. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    I hear ya lol when i touch stuff it fails lol

Ok im proud to be alive at the right time.

5. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Pattaya for a whole month?, you're hardcore man.:banana::devil:lol

6. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Proud that i saved some money for the time job situ got so bad, and i was out of work.

6 months out now.......

Proud that im strong enough to lift my new case, although its made mainly from 12mm ally and steel and is huge.

Proud i just fitted new door at home and it actually is a pretty good job.

7. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    ok heres genuine one im proud ive completly changed my diet no fizzy drinks which i used to drink all day long and eating healthy food and eat my '5 a day' now or close too which i never used to do feeling good now dont feel runned down like i used too. I actually excersie now which i never used to do so all is good.

8. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Good on ya! Fizzy drinks are pure poison!

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    lmfao, er no, i think herself would take issue with that, that would be bringing sand to the desert haha, gonna tour about a bit when we get there

10. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli

11. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    +1 on the fizzy drinks

I lost 2 stone after giving them up.

Was mainly the drinks, but no doubt a little more exercise helped.

good one.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    speaking 2 foreign languages..running/fitness...drinking a pint in under 3 secs...knowing my history..pulling the best looking girl at school (and after:3eyes:)..being good at what i do..

and being helpfull/honest.

erm regards the drinking only bloody person to beat me ever is my brother..hhhmpf! youngsters.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  13. Risco

Risco Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650M
    Getting myself out of the debt that I was not proud of getting in to. This year has been bloody fantastic!

14. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Just a couple of words on those "fizzy drinks". I'm an expert on this. Anyone who doesn't believe me - it's your health that's waving bye, bye.
    I just read the ingredients (online) in the new Lipton's sparkling green tea, which includes an artificial sweetener and two azo dyes. These dyes are known to cause everything from diabetes to chromesomal damage to thyroid tumors. Apart from info from researchers and scientists, I know of this first hand due to my current illnesses and generally poor health - including borderline diabetes, because I was on massive prescription drugs that contained these dyes!
    This page also lists the sources:
    http://www.feingold.org/effects.html

You might also want to check this out:
    http://www.westonaprice.org/motherlinda/cornsyrup.html

15. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Pride is an illusion. I carry no pride and do what I can in the world for the betterment of the world and not for any personal gain to either my psyche or "ego".

16. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    RandyB...
    I most deffinately believe you.....
    Having lost so much weight from stopping, no reason to start again for me.

Mainly water now and some fruit juice.

back to topic... Sorry.

17. day0day

day0day Banned

what are you proud of?

i am proud of what i have learned at school,it is a great treasure of my life!

18. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Congradulations sir in not being human. For the rest of us that need a little pat on the back every now and then, carry on !

19. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Congrats buddy.

20. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    LOL, dude, I apologize for it is seemed a negative comment. I assure you it wasn't. Allow me better words if I may,

Too many times in my past have I acted for the sake of pride in a way that was beset by my false notion of pride. I did things in way of seeming stupidity with erroneous intention of personal gain. I no longer see things this way now. I guess from learning and living, I base my actions more for what I could see as a mutual positivity with those of whom I correlate my actions towards. For instance, today, I stopped for a girl whose car was broken down. Turns out that someone was on their way to tow her car. But the delight in her eyes in that someone stopped to see if she was alright after many many cars simply just drove right by brightened her day and she said so as well. Then 20 minutes later, I witnessed an accident on a major highway here on the opposite traveling lanes. I pulled the work truck over and braved crossing the road to make sure the car that went into the ditch didn't contain anyone with injuries and if so, do what I could to help them. Turned out they were alright. I did these things not to tell myself that I'm a good person for doing so, I simply did these kind actions because thats what life is about, helping people without regard for ability to brag.

If I may be able to say that I may carry pride to some extent, it would be for my service to my country though. And to the others here whom have found themselves in fortunate circumstance and are proud of themselves, I salute and applaud you as well. :)