Batman: Arkham Asylum PC Demo Out Now

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by proliferazor, Aug 7, 2009.

1. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Danm missed the news downloading now :)

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    you dont even get to play the opening level, you get a taste of the combat, as you progress through the game you unlock new moves and gadgets and abilities, but to dog the intro level for being too easy is a tad much. that liek playing the intro level of deus ex and complaining the training level was too easy.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It is super easy, but making a demo too hard is a sure way to put people off, so think they got the difficulty right, and kept it fun, it will surely get alot more difficult as you progress.

Have to say, its the most old school fun i've had on a game in ages :)

4. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    Im very impressed with the demo,im looking forward to playing this. Everything maxed,physx high(9800gt) no slowdown at all

5. Tim_Ca

Tim_Ca Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    !!!! my comp froze whole installing and now the install button is greyed out. I deleted the temp folder but it still wont let me install it any ideas?

6. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Not exactly, as combat just consists of spamming attack, so regardless of getting more combos, or even making the enemies more difficult, the combat is just stupid IMO. When I say it's too easy, I don't simply mean difficulty, but the fact that batman does everything automatically when you spam attack.

Why not make a combat system like a traditional fighting game, real combos to learn, actual blocking, multiple attacks, guess they think the average tard will go into stupid mode and complain about it being too hard.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well we will see when the game is out how it is. you are a super hero, be kinda dumb if trash could kick your ass, its the boss fights and later trash levels that will make or break the actual combat, never mind that your suit from what i read takes damage as you get beat up and would make sense if you lost armor as your suit and cape got trashed, according to the one preview i read when you cape gets damaged your glide is less effective etc, so fighting effectively and efficiently would be key to getting along in the later stages of the game.

unlike xmen wolveriene where you just healed up no matter how recklessly you played as long as you did not die. so it made not a dif how effective you were outside of taking enough damage to get killed. plus in that game it was not like trash mobs were all that difficult you could take on scores at once, and the boss fights were extremely repetitive, as well as the mini bosses.

but i hardly think that the opening few rooms of the first level are hardly indicative of the entire games play or how you will fare when you got rooms full of guys with guns try and rambo that room in the demo you will find yourself taking tons of damage quickly and die if you do not book out. sure you should be able to get by mashing the attack button early on, but that not to say it will remain effective throughout the entire game.

8. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    As I stated in my last post, regardless if it gets more challenging later, the combat system is still comprised of basically mashing a single button. The stealth parts seem slightly better, but judging from the demo and various preview videos, they still appear to be extremly simple, and nearly forced onto the player as "this is a stealth part, use the grapple!".

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Gun fire is lethal. u die easily.

10. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    What drivers is everyone using?

11. dualloop

dualloop Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super 8GB
    Just finshed playing through for the 5th time, it really is an amazing piece of work.
    All settings on max including AA and Physx, it was really smooth. Using 190.56 drivers.
    Definitely the best looking unreal engine game.
    I really like the new combat system and the way it switches to a cinematic view when Batman kicks someone.
    The only complaint I have is that the cutscenes are pre-rendered.
    Would have been better if it was rendered in realtime as the download size may have been smaller.
    But overall a fantastic game, will definitely be buying it.

12. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    That's also my only complaint.
    1gig of videos in this demo...

13. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Batman should know how to avoid gunfire...
    at the end when you die from gunfire joker appears and says to get rid of you so you are not really dead but badly hurt... all those 50 kilos of body armor are really useless...

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    not bad but i think i will just rent this. to many other games to get. this doesnt quite make teh cut

15. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    sorry ok. but my pc didn't have any problems while installing running vista x64-sp2.

16. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    So I knew this game was coming out, but didn't really care because I figured, "oh another stupid crappy super hero game".

Well, I got bored yesterday and installed the demo, not realizing who the voice actors were going to be. As soon as Batman spoke, I was like "holy..."

The game itself is very easy to play, but very entertaining as well. It's a very good casual gaming experience IMO. I just wish there were options for Co-op.

17. Rubenvb

Rubenvb Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 512MB
  18. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    I'll be sure to check this out.

Thanks!

19. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I keep having too many issues with the 190.56 drivers on windows 7

20. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I'm so disappointed you guys aren't raving about this game! I haven't had a chance to download it yet (computer issues) but I've read some really good reviews and the trailers look really good! I'm going to download it tonight on Playstation home, I hope that the game lives up to my expectations! Even though I'm already bummed out that you only get a plastic batarang in the CE =(