Nvidia 190.56 beta drivers.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by powerspec, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Faile

Faile Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX570
    Yeah....and Nvidia has an incredible track record for bug free drivers, hmmm ?
    I never had problems with any driver series except the 190.
    And as further information, I had a Vista x64 with all the latest updates installed before I installed win7...and imagine this...the EXACT same bugs I see on Win7...so yeah, must be Microsoft messing up again ;)

2. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Already have :) your post gave me a direction to follow, and i discovered the cause.

The 190 drivers use

<PROPERTY Label="aa_selector" Value="0x00000000" Default="0x00000000"/>
    <PROPERTY Label="aniso_selector" Value="0x00000000" Default="0x00000000"/>

to define a profiles AA/AF as perapp, and nhancer does not include these lines..... i knew this would come back to bite grestorn when i noticed this in a prior version.

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I recommend that you let Riva Tuner handle it.
    As example, I have 2 GTX260, but they are released with differences in clockspeed.
    So since I want my clocks and fans to be in sync, I use Riva Tuner to handle it for me.
    There are some small delays in changing modes though, but on my end that is a part of Windows 7 Aero integration.
    I think Microsoft and nVidia need to talk about adding a better identifier for the new Aero version, so it works flawless again.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  4. AlbertWesker

AlbertWesker New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 1GB DDR3 OC
    with these new drivers, i remove mah previous one, or i just install thsi with the 190.40?

5. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX 3060Ti
    yeah I know the workarounds, but thanks for the input anyway. point i was trying to make was that it worked like perfect for me with 180's and before, so it should not have been tampered with in the first place...

6. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Dream on.

I have a LG LCD 42" and it has a special input for PC's and guess what cable it uses, a VGA cable, it also has DVI/HDMI ofcourse, but VGA pwnz it. 1920x1200 never looked that good.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Hmm.. could you try to disable Aero and see if that makes a difference?
    Maybe it is the same problem on Vista as the one I noticed on Windows 7.

8. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I bet its your overclock of: 734/1512/1242
    My GTX260 216 card has issues above about 700Mhz, it will run at 734 sure but it is definitely more likely to have problems.

Drop your o/c by about 20-30Mhz and see if your problem goes away.

9. EverGreen

EverGreen Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 9800GTX +
    Yes you are not alone, its always fun in a particulair way to see the rollercoaster features inside those Nvidia drivers, the latest WHQL version was nice with the new Stereoscopic features but they been dropped away in those latest 2 beta's.

On my own watt meter i see the same problem, it tooks more power to run this beta baby round, same for using the amount of
    memsys, its almost the whole full load, same for the CPU.

Some new features are fine like that PhysX CPU or GPU selector works fine, but its not ready at all to see it work on a good selection option butt, despites that not all games did work when you start it up, besides those benchies, i think so.

Or is it the summer weather outside ?!

10. EverGreen

EverGreen Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 9800GTX +
    Yup its the same problem like in Vista, was happy at first seight that they perhap did a real make over but the harsh fact of it all they just change the layout of win 7 a little bit and keep still all buggy problems inside.

Did disabled Aero again and 'yes' something seems little been improved

11. Faks

Faks Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2GB
    works good !!!
    XFX 8800GT :)

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

My clock speeds can handle a three hour burn it test of Fur mark without errors

And I just tried the .40's, and it gave me the same crashes with Bionic Commando, so I tried the .38's, same 2D clocks getting stuck issue, and that was both with and without overclocks causing it to happen (Almost done the game)

Its Bionic Commando causeing the crashes, not my overclocks nor the lack of them

As for the driver stop responding error, when I am websurfing or not playing games I got the card at default clocks, I don't keep it overclocked all the time, and I am getting the driver stopped responding error when just using ICQ or watching movies or livestream with default clocks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  13. Rubysoul

Rubysoul Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Heh. VGA has to go through the analog domain, while DVI/HDMI stays a pure digital signal. If VGA looks better for you on your monitor, then your DVI/HDMI input isn't correctly calibrated. VGA can give you a softer image because it's usually slightly blurred compared to DVI/HDMI, but DVI/HDMI is technically more accurate and crisp. I can tell the difference between the two even on an LCD screen.

14. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    190.36 vs 190.56

190.38 vs 190.56 showdown! FIGHT!! :nerd:

GPU SETUP: 2 GTX 285'S IN SLI
    CLOCK SPEEDS: 760 , 1620 , 1390

I must say that I actually like these drivers.. Hope this helps you decide:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There it is. My review of the two drivers.

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Nice testing bodar! Dunno I ran the resident evil 5 bench and found 185.85 was king...

but you seem to have got those working nicely. sli 285's look to be flying..might have to consider getting another for extra luxury :)

have u run into any micrstutter or sli issues?

16. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Actually I have to say the only time I notice a microstutter is if I turn off vsync..
    For some games it's perfect when I enable that for some reason.. I usually get the latest games for either testing purposes or because it sounds fun.. I would honestly say that sli rocks! Vsync for crysis, far cry 2 or gta 4 stops the stutter. For all other games leave vsync off with sli enabled and it can cause a constant smile. :) I did run the resident evil bench and my average was about 190 fps in sli mode maxed out with no aa. It is actually pretty surprising how well things run when you have 2 gtx 285's.. dont think anyone would ever need more than that even if you are an enthusiast

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hi thanks for the test results, but would you mind keeping your screenshots to a max res of 1280x1024...?

Thanks..

18. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    i must say i really like this set, i installed win 7 rtm (not cracked, 26 days left) and i have not had 1 single driver stops responding error especially happy as i can play games i couldnt on vista 64 due to that error :banana:

19. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    GRID crashes quite badly with this driver on Windows7 x64 build 7600 for me, but yeah as somebody said earlier: all-tab bug is finally fixed :)

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    So the problem is that something in the driver slows down the DWM detection and Desktop Composition 3D.
    Since at some point it get detected and the driver slows the card down as supposed, it's just not fast enough.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009