Southpark, family guy or simpsons

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by death_samurai, Aug 5, 2009.

1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with you totally. The same stuff over and over again with family guy just isnt funny after a while.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well it if Family Guy is on the list, so shoul be American Dad, though they have both went downhill recently, Family Guy still has too much song and dance crap.
    Peter's dumbness is over the top now, and the gay thing with Stewie is poor, and most FGuy ep's just go for the shock factor without any proper jokes.

Simpsons has been like a poor soap for years, and only reason i started watching again was cause it was in HD.

South Park looks dumb, but is much smarter than the others.

Though if im honest, the funniest cartoon i saw recently was Ice Age3 lol

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm not saying they are.(Southpark mostly) But, the majority of the Family Guy fanbase is mostly young teens who are mainly in highschool. Family guy covers a lot of jokes or topics on actors or events that are older, where as with Southpark, episodes only take about under a week to make. So, they're always having the most updated episodes.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    My Two Dad's

5. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Old-School Simpsons (Absolute classic)
    Futurama (good writing and mix of humour, too Bender centric sometimes)
    Family Guy (earlier episodes wee better written and the random comedy factor has worn down, extremely long repetitive scenes really hurt)
    American Dad (good balance of random and coherent story, sometime too outlandish, characters aren't quite as memorably as other series)
    Futurama Movies
    New Simpsons

South Park doesn't make the list. Too aggressive at trying to poke fun, too crude, too much **** to sit through to get a snip of the political satire.

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    None. Every series gets repetetive after a time. The last series i watched that was fairly interesting is Magnum P.I. Go figure. :D

7. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Family guy provides constant comedy never a dull moment so it gets my vote
    Peter griffin lmao
    [​IMG]

8. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Simpsons all the way.

I cant watch family guy and southpark over and over like I can the simpsons.

Plus fmaily guy is a rip off of the simpsons. there is at least 20 episodes where they steal the storyline from simpsons just make it more outrageously ethically wrong.

Although i still like family guy, but doesnt compare to simpsons and southpark for me.

So

SIMPSONS, SOUTHPARK, FAMILY GUY

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I'm more for South park then family guy or American dad.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Futurama. I liked Family Guy for a while, but then it was almost like they kept playing the same episode over and over. They ran out of original content.

11. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    Although I haven't watched it in quite some time South Park is the best of the three.

The Simpsons is old and tired but even at it's best the humour and satire were just too obvious. Fortunately the characters in the show were just as thick headed as some of the audience members so jokes were often repeated.

Family Guy is like the Simpsons but with jokes even Forrest Gump's children can understand. I honestly think it's one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen on TV.

Even though I love South Park IMO it's getting old and tired too. Twelve years is a long time for any show to stay on the air and still be funny. IMO the funniest episodes are in the first five seasons. My all time favorite episodes are Cartman Joins NAMBLA and the Sea People Episode.

12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    You didn't ask me but I'll reply anyway.. Team America was a huge let down. I very much prefer South Park.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's all a matter of personal preference, i know people who love Team America, but scoff at the idea of watching that "crappy drawn cartoon full of fat and jew jokes"

I like both, but Season13 was disappointing.

14. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I though it was the best of all seasons XD

I don't understand people these days, simpsons is exactly like family guy but without anything funny in it, homer never made me laugh....

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I really enjoyed Season12 so maybe i had overly high hopes, and sometimes felt in 13 they were trying abit to hard to be controvesial.

Agree on The Simpsons thing, think its like a soap opera for alot of people, to the point, i heard complaints like "HD Simpsons isn't the same"

But no, not been funny in years, maybe an odd smile here and there, but never a proper laugh.

16. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Family Guy is exactly like Simpsons but without anything funny in it. Oh look, the posh baby is trying to kill Lois...again /yawn. Omg Quagmire said gigitty when a woman walked past again! LOLOL... I don't like that kiddy show >.<

17. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

For some reason the real peter doesn't look as comical as the animated one. This guy looks a tad too serious, like someone with a low self esteem.

18. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I saw a few american Dad shows. It's better than family guy. It doesn't cut to other characters or scenes when they are making jokes.

The lead character is funny even if he's not a retard like peter. The alien and talking fish rock too.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I know alot of US friends of mine who hate American Dad because its take the piss out of ring wing politics and beliefs, also stoners prefer Family Guy cause its more random and trippy while American Dad can occasionally go serious or political.

But i agree death_samurai, Stan is stupid, but in a less reatarded way that Peter and to a lesser degree Homer are, even though his voice is very similar to the one used for Lois's Dad in Family Guy.

20. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I look up to being like Stan when I grow up :(