Wolfenstein

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PistolGripPump, Jul 13, 2008.

1. ALien8ed

ALien8ed Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI
  2. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    mute :puke2:

3. kaazz

kaazz Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GT 512mb
    Wolfenstein beta has been leaked. I myself have played it already and it's pretty laggy, movement + shooting is nothing like RTCW, niether is reviving, however the rest is pretty decent.

4. ALien8ed

ALien8ed Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI
    Tried the mp beta earlier today and thought it absolutely blew. From the graphics to the gameplay it has console written all over it.

The mp portion of RTCW blows this latest offering out of the water.

5. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Some of the graphics look bad, and not in a good way. But other shots look ok... it does look like something that should have been released 4 years ago.

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i 2 agree the graphics look crap. the gun looks like it has a nice meaty firing to it..so perhaps weapons and effects might make up for the lack of visuals.

i think i am holding out for the next cod...sigh how long to wait :)

7. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Which is exactly why its in beta, give them some time to polish the thing before stating that its crap first.

Graphics dont necessarily make a game remember, as long as the finished product is good. Beta is supposed to provide them with some feedback to fix the problems.

And then think about it aswell, if the game is any good but the graphics not so, atleast it should be able to run on the majority of peoples pc's.

I still have some faith in them and hope they don't spoil the game so I will wait for reviews/demo and final verdict when the game is closer to release.

8. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Maybe because they ARE using an engine, which was used on Doom 3, which is about that age:p I mean it's Doom 3 engine, what do you guys expect from it?:grin:

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i installed that leaked beta. kinda usless without a "key" but i got to go in and check out the maps. they remind of Medal of Honor Airborne, size and graphical quality. not bad ... wish i could play it online though and test the gameplay.

10. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB
    I don't know about the rest of you but I am an avid RtCW/ET player and the new wolfenstein is not very appealing to me. Watching the new wolf mp videos on youtube and seeing that they added in iron sights was a major turn off for me. Not really a fan of iron sights, I'm more of the run and gun type player. Also, reviving, and laying hp packs down is totally different now and there are no more VSAY! WHATS UP WITH THAT!? I loved doing the vsay's in game saying "Hello" "Bye" "I need ammo" "Medic!" "I'm on defense" "Dynamite defused!" and so on.

I know its only the beta but just some of the stuff I saw in the video that I wasn't to fond of. I'm still going to keep an open mind for this game and see if the release version is going to be better. Maybe I am being to critical and was hoping for a upgraded RtCW2 game with better graphics and newer maps.:3eyes:

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

OMG it looks so bad.

OK nvm trailers looks good. The beta videos are not.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  12. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB

Then this is for you!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RStHv63xgWk

13. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB
  14. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Yeah, I knew you'd say that:D

15. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I'm disappointed this will be more or less the same as RtCW, I was hoping it'd be more like the original Wolfenstein. Hitler with quad miniguns! It's probably too much to ask but I hope this game won't play like W@W, with the tin sounds.

16. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i just got done playing the MP beta. i must say i'm very unimpressed! the weapons sound like the ET quake wars "Terrible" the gameplay is a joke, it reminds me of a UT type game rather than a fps WW2 game. sad! it also runs like crap *yah i know its a beta* best i could get was 39 fps @ 1600x1200 maxed ingame with 4xAA .... obliviouslt SLi aint working. i even added the exe to the ET quake wars profile. no go. OH and the graphics are pretty poor aswell. it has been said it looks like a 4 year old game ... i agree.

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I have just read through this thread which started off really positive and seems to have gone bad, im not really much of a graphics nut so i hope the story/gameplay will be great, i loved ET/ rtcw.

18. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    you played a different RTCW than i did mate, i say bring on the Iron sights and get rid of the bunny hopping sprint shooting, if i want to do that ill play quake.

19. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    OMG after watching the "LEAKED" beta it looks SH*T.......cant anyone make a decent f*cking game these days, every game that comes out now is f*cking watered down so it will play on a console, what happened to depth and being drawn into the game?

im bored of PC Gaming i feel i may hang up my hat and call it a day. ive even got a ps3 here and i dont play it cos its rubbish i just use it as a BR player.

20. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    If all that's true, then a small par tof me just died... :bawl: