Opera whines again: Browser selection in W7 is NOT enough, remove the IE logo!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Keitosha, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    [​IMG]

Whining at its best. Sorry, but i don't feel any remorse for such losers as those @ Opera. First they complained about IE being included in Windows, they got success and after that it was not enough and they wanted a browser selection screen. Now THAT is also not enough and now they want the complete removal of the IE logo. What the??! :bang:

And what if the logo will be removed? What then? Complete removal of IE (and its files) from Windows and Opera integrated in Windows as default browser? I bet even that wouldn't please them. :bang:

The source

2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    Hang on... Windows is an M$ os.. and IE is an M$ program... they should tell opera to rev-up... turn round and .... off

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    ^^ Exactly. Microsoft developed Windows. They should be able to include their own browser with it. Firefox is doing just fine so Opera should just STFU.

4. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    In my opinion M$ got all the rights here to distribute IE as they want...

offcource it would be nice to have the possibility to set firefox as default browser(like when you click the mail icon in msn, you always get IE...) but we NEED IE in windows cuz some sites just dont work with other browsers...

5. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Should be, but since they lost the case in the EU ... they are the ones to have to bend over

6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I love Opera as a browser, and they're generally a good company, but this I agree is whining. MS should be allowed to do what they want with their own OS. Opera should stop while they're ahead and stop appearing like a greedy bastard.

7. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    That mother****ing Hakon Wium Lie will never be happy. Even if they include just the name, people will see:

Internet Explorer

"That's the one I want! I want the internet!"

8. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    When I click mail in MSN I get FF :)

9. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    how did you do that:O?

10. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I don't know... I used to get IE too. FF is default browser, using Windows Live Messenger (latest) and MSG Plus. Maybe it's MSG Plus? Idk.

11. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Alright so MS including IE as default browser in Windows is seen as anti-competitive and resulted in a massive fine.
    Then why the feck is Apple allowed to bundle Safari with Macs ?

12. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    As of one of the latest WLM versions, WLM uses the dafault selected browser for Windows Live Mail. Normally going to hotmail or whatever started up IE, but since a year or so it starts my default browser which is FF.

Ontopic:
    Perhaps an idea for Opera to make their own OS? After that MS can demand that IE will be included in browser selection and that the Opera logo will be removed. :stewpid:

13. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Yes cause people are ****ing retarded & don't know any better. Just like the politicians that decided to fine Microsoft for something stupid.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Head scratcher this one.

So no logos just a list of names of the different explorers.

Internet Explorer
    Firefox
    Chrome
    Opera

oh wait a minute I put them at the bottom that was a bit bias

Opera
    Firefox
    Internet Explorer
    Chrome

I am a spoon who's used nothing more than Internet Explorer to gain access to the internet and now my new 7 install is asking me which program I want to use to go on the internet. Gee since I don't know any better perhaps the one that actually has 'internet' in the title might do.

Those that want Opera will get Opera and the ones that plump for IE will do so because they don't know any better. Removing IE as the default install, removing the logos, creating an impartial list to choose from will make no difference whatsoever.

15. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Well, I agree that this is whining from Opera (again), but he didn't say "remove the IE logo", but "remove all browser's logos", Keitosha.

I agree though that this request is complete BS. :D

16. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    They are just whining cause no one knows what the hell Opera is. ;)

17. nodo

nodo Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT260
    Opera is the best browser I have ever used, but this BS with MS bashing goes too far.
    The problem is not only Opera, but the ****ty EU, who listens to this BS from Opera.

If I was MS I would tell those bureaucrats in Brussels (and Opera) to go f.... themselves.
    If you don't like our product, then don't buy/use it. Period.

Nobody tells VW, Audi, BMW and Mercedes to stop putting engines, steering wheels and brakes in THEIR cars.

18. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For 99% of people Windows is the only OS, cars on the other hand... I get what you mean though. Hey Ford! Stop putting your Ford badge on your Ford cars! It's anti-competitive!

19. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Did Microsoft hire ninjas to torture all Mac/Unix users ? Nope.
    MS has all the right to bundle whatever software it sees fit in it's OS. They own the market cause Apple are too stupid to make games work :p

20. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well I just fired up Opera for the first time in ages and wow... it's great! lol :)

Seems to be super fast oO