Official Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Syranetic, Jul 1, 2009.

1. ibitato

ibitato Guest

The game engine it's limited by the hardware you have.

Try lowering the settings s bit; the frame drops should be less ........

In the moment you start moving around, the game engine starts to work, and consume resources , so you go down to the fram rate you rig can support, at that settings.

This game works really well, the game engine it's well polished; try lowering the game settings a bit to see if you can hold the frame rate >30 fps (that should be the minimum recommendable).......

/edit
    Going through your specs again, you sgouldn't be that bad..... try lowering settings to see if it improves. the game it's not that CPU hungry, but maybe you need to OC the CPU a bit to help the GPU to perform better......
    My CPU load never gets >10/14% with this game..........

Also, check fps readings with Rivatuner, jsut to make sure it's not fraps giving you bad readings.......

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
  2. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Off topic just a tad...anyone have any thoughts on the first Call of Juarez game? Worth playing?

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  4. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Dunno, but I liked Bound in Blood more...

5. Ywap

Ywap Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 580
    I haven´t finished Bound in blood yet, but from what i´ve played so far i say the first game is better. Bound in blood is pretty boring to me as it feels like they wanted that overscripted Call of duty gameplay but in the wild west.

6. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    That's what I liked about it, that it was full of action...:nerd:

7. ibitato

ibitato Guest

yeah,, easy and plain fun to me....

I'm planning to finish the game today I couldn't game in all week WTF !!

8. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    I played at 1920x1080 everything set to highest possible except foliage to medium, no AA. Average fps 30-50 and in high 20 in very heavy situation. Still very playable because the game engine is very good I think:)

9. ibitato

ibitato Guest

The game engine it's good and the game it's fun

I finally got to the end; worth the money and planning to replay it some day :nerd:

10. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Yeah, the game engine is brilliant. I mean, the texture may be low res, but the whole lighting and shading really masks it and those texture are only noticeable when you're very close to them...

BTW Runs pretty good on an old machine, such as mine...

11. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Too bad FSAA doesn't work at all for me.

12. LoXodonte

LoXodonte New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Thx for the gfx cvars guys. Is there anythign known about changing input settings, or getting access to a developer console? I hate having to toggle duck, except this is kind of a hybrid toggle duck, if you old it down for 2 seconds or so, it won't act as a toggle. Still, I'd just assume have toggle off altogether. Also, is there no way to bind the crossbow to a key, I kept having to go through the weapon menu. Lastly...aim sensitivity is down all the way, and it still feels a little fast. I play alot of FPS, and have them set just the way I want, so I don't want to change my setting at driver level for this one game.

I found a .PRO file that appears to have some input settings, but half of it is gebberish....

13. ibitato

ibitato Guest

isn't the crosswbow in key 5 or 6 ?????

I did not touch anything and I had the crossbow on 5, and the rope on 6; i think it's automatic.

Try also to lower the mouse sensibility in windows first; then in game.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got it working on my PC by using nHancer to create a profile for this game then setting the AA Compatibility flag to STALKER. I then forced 2X AA via the contol panel profile using the "override" option. It definitely works. I did try 4X AA too but it causes too much of a performance hit. With 2X AA at 1920x1200 the edges look cleaner and I'm still hitting 60 fps 99.5% of the time. :)

15. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Thx Darren Ill try that right away. I think i might be able to handle 4x! Does it go any higher than that? Can you do like 16x?

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You can force it as high the graphics drivers support but I found 4x and 8X were too much for my system causing the framerate to drop from 60 fps to as low as 25 to 30 fps. 2X AA is fine however, still giving me 60 fps and at the 1920x1200 resolution I'm playing the game at I don't think I need anything higher anyway.

17. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Probably >2x AA it's killing your card without you getting any real benefit from it; specially at 1920....... I got so into the game that couldn't care less ab. the graphics once I got to Act III ;)

happy gaming !!!!!!

18. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Yeah 2xAA was best for me as well.

Ibiato what is your in-game name? Can you search for people in game or do you have to just get lucky?

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I play maxed out settings everything turn up to the max and at 1920x1200 I never dip below 60fps. I think this game prefers ATI cards to Nvidia for some reason.

20. ibitato

ibitato Guest

umm dunno let me try .......

/edit
    my nick it's the same than in here
    I see no posibbilities to seach for nicks; the only I see it's create your own server or list them ;

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009