Cat 9.7 is officially released today!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jul 22, 2009.

1. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    I kept getting blue screen whenever I tried to change the resolution or disable second monitor on Windows 7 rtm

2. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    Personally, I think you're running a little low on desktop icons. :\

3. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I have to add about 16 more icons soon :wanker:

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wow i would go nuts lol

5. turkina

turkina New Member

GPU:
    eVGA SC @ 700/1700/2000
    Anyone had issues using an HDTV with these drivers? With 9.6 on my Vista x64 laptop I could select 1360x768 for the HDTV plugged in via HDMI, then adjust the under/overscan to get rid of the black bars on each side so it filled the whole screen.

Now with these new 9.7's if I select 1360x768 then under/overscan slider is greyed out. Best I can do is select 1280x720 and use under/overscan to make it almost fill the whole TV but the images look grainy/pixelated since I'm not at the TV's true resolution.

Any suggestions?

6. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Not sure what the problem is, they are nice and neat and i can find what i am looking for easily.

7. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    This driver still won't support Mobility HD 4XXX cards, what a disgrace. I won't buy anymore laptop with Mobility in it :cussing: And when does the Catalyst Modder to support HD 4XXX series? Annoying, after been using nvidia for a while I thought ATi would be better, but only they spec looks better, but not driver support :bang:

8. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Oh wait i have a idea, install the 9.7 official WHQL driver, but install the Beta 9.7 XP CCC. I might do that myself soon.

EDIT: FAILED, DID NOT WORK :bang:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  9. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    Still getting crashes in OpenGL with triple buffering. :(

10. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    Mobility drivers are laptop manufacturer duty, wich brand is your laptop?
    I've recently installed mobility radeon 4330 on inspiron, the driver was pretty good since it was 8.12, on ati web the mobility driver didn't support even 2xxx series.

11. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    anybody getting a right click crash in explorer in vista x64 sp2 or windows 7 x64?

12. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    Its not manufacturer duty for laptops with nvidia so this is total bs - not from you ofcourse but from ati - so the real question is, can i install any catalyst drivers at all somehow in a laptop with mobility 4650?

13. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Just because one company provides notebook drivers doesn't mean the other company has to. Heck, even nVidia suggests you get your notebook drivers from your laptops manufacturer......the ones on the website are just reference drivers for you graphics card.

The only difference is ATI doesn't provide the reference drivers to the public, instead they force you to get the drivers from your manufacturer.

In the same way, ATI doesn't offer their beta drivers to the public, instead they release monthly official drivers.....nVidia does offer beta drivers to the public, but they force you to wait months and months for a non-beta driver.

14. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    Lol. Cheers for ATI then for doing the right thing. Im not in favor of any company. I had cards from 3dfx, ati and nvidia -i went for the best performance not for the brand- so dont think im an nvidia fanboy or something, but ati is lame on drivers. I think it is the only company that released a vga that never got a driver update (2600 agp). Anyway its offtopic and if you could answer my question i would be grateful.

15. ilordvader

ilordvader Member

GPU:
    Dual Ati 4850 CrossFire
    How Importnat is it to Update Drivers
    everytime new one comes or wait for few & then update ?
    or ...... ?

16. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    no one?

17. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    when settings my display to do 23 or 24hz it jumps up to 25hz

18. gstyle99

gstyle99 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1GB
    Expect problems on Vista

After upgrading from 9.6 the first thing I noticed is my icons looked uglier, or kinda jagged.http://forums.guru3d.com/images/smilies/banghead.gif I figured maybe I need to set my resolution but that was not it. After I fired up GTA4 which I am addicted to right now I saw some flickering textures in some spots like graffiti I didn't have before. I also had some missing textures in Battlefield 2142. Then I noticed some games had a strip of white around the top and left side edge of the monitor that was not there in CAT 9.6.http://forums.guru3d.com/images/smilies/throwup.gif At that point I uninstalled this crap driver and went back to 9.6. Maybe it works well for Windows 7 but there are problems on Vista. I'll try 9.8 when it is released.http://forums.guru3d.com/images/smilies/banana2.gif

19. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    it works fine here on vista x64
    I always remove older driver version via add/remove programs before installing new and never have any problems.

20. ilordvader

ilordvader Member

GPU:
    Dual Ati 4850 CrossFire
    Anyone tried it on there Alienware m17 ?