Do u think PC gaming is becoming cool?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by death_samurai, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    haha i still play Alley Cat to this day, infact almost everyday i dedicate part of my useless life (so to speak) to ancient classics. :D

yep, you mean text games such as Zork! :eyebrows: i remember not sleeping and playing till the morning hours just because i wanted to know what happens next, text based games ftw.

infact it goes to show how creative and fun a simple game can be, you didn't even need Windows and top of the line graphic cards.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Laughing Out Loud, tell that to most people that play games nowadays! I totally agree with you though :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  3. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    in my clan we have a couple girls in the wraiths...want pics go to our site http://thewraiths.org/news.php

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

I hear ya man. Doom and Wolfenstein and then Rise of the Triad is what started it all off for me too. I used to play Doom for hours.. even made a bunch of my own maps with the editor. What a great game that was at the time.
    Eventually for me I got more into FPS and then when I found UT99.. boy o boy.. true love :)

5. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    It's hard to say it's cool. I don't play many new games these days because most of them just sucks.. Why i don't think i have to explain. I usually just test most of them how it runs and then delete :) Of course i have a list of games i play but most of them are old. I will never forget when i had my sega console it was more fun gaming times than now :D dunno why

6. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    Of course its becoming cool ... it beats consoles any day, however unfortunately the PC nerd stereo type still exists in some cases lol

7. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Playing games with really cool music that fits the game perfectly I can't see how that wouldn't be cool it's so nostalgic I can even explain it.. Xbox 360 took gaming to a next level bringing high end gaming to the masses and got your mom dad and sis bros playing games because they look so realistic and fun and that's just the start.

PC gamers are definitely the elitist paying tons of money to run games at 60fps nothing compares to pc gaming unless next gen console make 60fps a standard which I doubt will happen until technology reaches that pinnacle.

Sure there's the stereotypes but you gotta admit it's not as bad as before and as more people can't resist playing those stellar looking next gen console games it'll become the norm but it'll take few more gen's for graphics to catch up and people will finally look at gamers in a diffrent perspective since just about everybody will game once in a while.

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    yee, i know it can be hard for newborn gamers to even picture a text based game when they actually started gaming on Windows and 3D graphics on the PC, then they wonder why i'm ok and happy to play the new TUROK game which (according to most people) looks like crap. lol

a gamer who started in the early 80s will most likely enjoy anything you care to throw at him, Turok graphics can't be worse than ASCII codes moving on your monochrome (green and black) screen. :p

Flight Simulator 1.0 = "red dot = plane.... blue dot = sky.....green dot = ground....make sure red don't touch green in order to avoid a YELLOW dot which is an explosion" :D HAHA and you tell me Turok is crap?

9. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

Yeah but try getting ppl to play those worded games today. It's just walls and walls of text. I doubt many ppl especially the younger ones read that much anymore.

Personally for me i don't really read much anymore unless it's a magazine with cool pictures.

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Spoken like a true "oldskool" gamer. :D

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    don't know if playing the original resident evil and resident evil 2 and of course playing the bad ass tetrious(I think I spelled it right) and pac man is old school and playing the original frogger.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    haha , so true, so true! :)

Sprite games FTW! :banana:

anyways i concider them oldskool games harder then the current games.
    all depends on timing soo much lol , man i can remember times with Green Beret, its so Hard to complete the game lol

[​IMG]

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    The most old skool i go is like PS1 games TBH but i stilll enjoy them more than todays games and they actually have decent gameplay/storyline.

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    just sharing my thoughts nothing more hehe.

you can have the best graphics there is today but there's still a certain charm to oldskool games for some reason, it's not much different than playing a record of The Beatles, just because there are new artists with 300 effects attached to the guitar and create a wall of sound don't mean The Beatles are crap... well the haircut was kinda crap :D

HA i guess that's why some people reply to posts without reading around here :grin:

nice game, love Green Beret, i also like Cannon Fodder which is pretty hard too. :eyebrows:

i agree about current games not being hard enough (with a few exceptions).

eitherway the pc has always been cool, consoles shouldn't be seen as an abomination, developers doing a patchy job porting a game or refusing to release pc exclusive IS the abomination.

othewise i think consoles have a place in the market and should co-exist with the PC (which is superior in many ways), nothing wrong if you own a console and a pc as long as you're having fun. ;)

15. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Yes, it's getting popular, and I don't like it. I'm so tired of hearing all these hyped up on sugar/caffeine, talking about their WoW clan, using their GAYmer terms and their pubescent, squeaky voices.

2000 - 2005 was the golden age of PC gaming. I miss that time. :wanker:

16. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ahh that reminds me a while back I was walking back to the office from lunch and there was a group of kids sat on a bench, about 14-15 year olds, half girls half boys, and just as i walked past the girl says to the guy "pc's are way better for gaming though" and the boy laughed and said something like "hahaha no way xbox is so much better than pc..." my heart nearly imploded and I had to do everything in my power not to stop and rain the fact-based pain :wanker:

17. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    metal gear solid was the best game ever :D

18. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Oh man, I know the feeling. 3 hobbies that I'm passionate about - Guitars, music, and PC gaming.

I get a little worked up when "idiots" :D mess with my hobbies.

19. Cockbender

Cockbender Guest

GPU:
    dunno
    i wouldn't say cool people. i would probably say PC gaming is more and more for PC enthusiasts. to me that IS cool (because i'm one), but to the general gaming community PC gaming may be not the trend like it use to be. i've been a pc gamer for over 15 years, and the pentium processor and 3dfx voodoois what really turned it around and put it into turbo mode in the gaming community. but more and more of my friends have gone back to consoles, and there's really just a few of my buddies left who are still diehard PC gamers. i think MMORPG gaming has really added a lot of longevity to pc gaming, but MMO gamers are a totally different breed (i played WoW for 2.5 years, and now i run a private WoW server). we're different!

i would have to say PC gaming is for the elite, for the PC enthusiasts, MMO fanatics, and the like. :) !!!!!!

20. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    cool...not cool...
    I just like it