Operation flashpoint-dragon rising

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Unstable_Hero, Feb 19, 2009.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    arma 2 will be a great game when the modders and patches fix what is fubard with that game. including broken quest triggers, unrealistic vehicle mounted gun accuracy, ai being able to see through grass, and squad mates not being able to goto the potty without their hands being held, like for gods sake your getting shot at wth do i need to hit ~ or 0 or whatever and tell them to take cover when they getting shot at. and one of my personal favorite bugs is them, when in a tank, not using the cannon to take out other tanks but rather sit there like idiots and get blown to hell when presented with anything bigger than an apc.

oddly enough if you recruit russian mercs and stick them in a tank they use the cannon just fine. your guys are just mentally ai challenged.

that being said i enjoy the potential arma 2 has, it just is not nearly there yet. and turning off physics in nvidia drivers improved my fps noticeably in that game.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/operation_flashpoint_dragon_rising

Some other screens, looks good in terms of visuals, unsure how it'll be in terms of gameplay, it doesn't really need to go as far as say ArmA/ArmA 2 and I guess having it a bit more accessible and easy to play will also help sales.
    (ArmA 2 worked out pretty well once you got the hang of things but that can be a bit challenging at first as there's a lot to learn.)

(Having it need less patches would be nice as well, though ArmA 2 is OK by now and ArmA 1 is pretty good as well.)

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Don't u guys think OPF2 has something from COD4 graphics?

4. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    CoD 4 popped in my mind, when I saw the above screenshots:D

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I suppose the contrast and brightness levels are a bit dimmer and a bit toned down to appear a bit more realistic and "colder" which is why it looks similar to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but from what I've understood it's a tweaked version of the Dirt/Grid engine (Perhaps similar even to Dirt2?) :)

From the screens some textures are a bit low-res but it'll hardly be noticed in the actual game based on all the heavy shader works and such. :)

6. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Yeah, I knew it's Grid engine, that also gives hope of having a DX11 support in the future:nerd:

7. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    If it was going to be anything like that fear and anticipation trailer it'd be a must-buy for me, but it isn't, like people are saying it's going to be what BF3 should be and therefore a would-buy-if-i-needed-a-game-but-i-won't-because-there's-going-to-be-a-lot-of-other-games-i-would-rather-buy-around-the-time-it-will-be-released. So that's a probable no from me.

I think I'll give ArmA 2 a look once I get back to the states and my rig though

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i just hope your source is right. well, it cant run worse than ARMA2 can it ....

10. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Look at those pics! Skeet! skeet!

Nicer looking than arma 2, just hope it plays better aswell.

11. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    It can't play better than ARMA 2 since it's a different type of game. One is a console shooter and the other is a sim. Apples and oranges.

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Of course it can. Great gameplay can arise from any game, not only from sheer realism. I'm an old OpF / ArmA1 vet and even though i'm into realistic shooters i can say CoD4 had a great atmosphere, much better than ArmA2 atm.

The way i see it DR will be a mixture of both worlds and can easily own ArmA2 in terms of gameplay and atmosphere.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    only option in graphics menu is "resolution" WTH! sound's low budget too me ... damn. hopefully the gameplay will be good though.

15. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    this is the only game keeping me from throwing in the towel with gaming, well this and BF3 but after seeing BF heroes and BF1943 i wouldnt hold my breath for the BFGames.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  17. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    Yeah, the difficulty is the same on easy and hardcore. It's just with hardcore all the HUD is removed and that's about it.

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    pretty stunning for sure, i'm a huge fan of OPF spent ages playing the game and creating new custom missions, i much prefer OPF to ARMA/ARMA2 so i really hope Dragon Rising lives up to expectations. :nerd:

19. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I hate games which don't have video options. They're more than obvious ports and, usually, have very simple or over the top graphics. This game looks pretty, as pretty as COD IV in fact but I have already given up hope, I bet there will be times when you just wished developers would stop being so lazy and work for the money they demand from us.

I will give the game a try, not in the least because I still have the original OFP and am a great fan of the game.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=65191

System requirements. :)