3D Mark 2006 Guru3d Records

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by compgeek89, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenboy

glenboy Guest

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    nice to see you've still got the bug phroze, missed you bud, sold my cards off need to get some modern hardware again but atm when i put my hands in my pocket all i feel is my leg so no spending at the moment

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hey old friends are back :D , nice to see you guys around , Phrozin ,Lane and Glenboy :thumbup:.

chispy.

3. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Hey glenboy you been doing some impressive ocing m8 left it in good hands, you mike, cowie and some of the older guys are keeping the guru up there even hilbert is up there which is good to see, I know all about the long pockets m8 ive change gear 3 time this week alone lol think im on the right stuff now but.

Chispy that it is m8 some of the old fella are back, btw how you finding the 965 on the phase ? cold bug ? heard they dont like it too cool fact or myth? :)

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    965 is C0 is a good chip , i can run it on phase at 4900Mhz stable for benchies at around -36c , in LN2 it maxes out at 5100Mhz at -85c for validation , no matter voltages or cold it wont run 5100Mhz :/ stable. Cold bug around 95c~100c this chips dont like it too cold it is a fact as i also have a Xeon 3540 D0 and it cold bug at -70c lol real low cold bug :( but does not need a lot of voltages for 5000Mhz :) i prefer the Xeon for benching as it runs a lot cooler than my 965. That DFI board its great bro:thumbup: if you need any help or info on your board look here for George (Eva) expertize on DFI X58 - http://i4memory.com/f80/. Enjoy it your new Rig bro :).

Chispy.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=576100

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009

5. glenboy

glenboy Guest

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    i'm back in the groove my old mate chispy has sorted me out with a i7 w3540 chip and dfi motherboard , so just nneed some graphics cards i think 3x 4890's will tick the box, lets liven this thread up a bit phroze , we love it

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yiieppieee , Glen its back in the game :thumbup: , let the overclocking beginnnnnnn , good competition coming up and good times ahead of us ;D.
    Im glad i hooked you up with some needed new hardware my bro Glen , always glad to help a friend :) , let the fun begin guys :D.

Angelo.

7. glenboy

glenboy Guest

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    your the man chispy i was enjoying my early nights ,slipper, hot chocalate m8, but now its time to get benchin again, just need some ram and cards(edit got 3 x4890's and some ocz reaper 6gb 1866 ram now ) yummmmm

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    :giggle2:

9. glenboy

glenboy Guest

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    i don't mess about chispy 3x 4890's and some ocz reaper 6gb 1866 readsy to roll now

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

:eek: jajaja , you are going to take down all of my records uuh ,Get that Xeon some subsero on your SS bro, 3x 4890 good real good set up bro , you little devil mofo you :D , jajjaaa. Let the games begin......

Angelo.

11. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Thanx chispy makes me rest a bit easyer, all ready up to speed with Georges antics the main reason i went with the dfi, George is 1 of the few ppl here in aussie i now is not full of sh!t he's usally on the money!

glen lol yeh m8 lets get the gurus back up there carefull of the 4890's all ready toasted a card there pretty fragile not sure about the vrm's temp, been tweeking some bios for them voltage and clocks have managed to get around the 1000mhz clock limit also, waiting on a ra for my card and some water blocks to test them ill give you a pm when got it sorted but atm got to 1250/1150 they haul ass

ah almost for got go with the corsair 2000 bit pricy but clock like a bitch :)

12. glenboy

glenboy Guest

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    hiya phroze yes you always liked the crazy graphic core clocks, noone had them higher than you , what voltage did you have on the bios on the blown one i think 1.45 is the max is it without hard mods, it'd be interesting to see the 3dscore difference just with the clocks on the cards changed and leaving all other pc settings the same , i found with my x2's because of the shear processing power it only made a significant difference in 3d03 about 6000 points from memory,but only a few hundred points on the others maybe, can't remeber 01 but in 05 and 06 it was not a huge difference

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  13. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    you can get a bit more than that out of them but the biggest hassle is the 1000mhz limit a real pain but think i got it sorted, yes m8 im not adverese to the ol vmod you aint pushing them till you up around the 1,7v then things start to happen but the vrm temp go crazy even at 1.4v working on a fix for that atm, you can get water blocks for the nv vrms but havent come across 1 for the 4870/4890 yet may haft to make them got to get temps under contol or ill toast a few cards missis will kill me if i blow to many of them, all in all mid to high 30's in 06 is the ball park i think then ill try some nv cards a lot easyer to vmod and a bit tougher :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  14. Frenchlick

Frenchlick Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 /32"LCD
    Whacked a third Vapor-X in today and early signs are good for a possible 32-33k run once I get into overclocking them and the cpu some more.

[​IMG]

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

16. chief Dave

chief Dave Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 290x
    [hwbot] 31221 - 2 x hd4870x2 @ 777/925 - xeon w3520@4616 mhz on water [/hwbot]
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=11484225
    [​IMG]
    New MB here as my UD5 lost it's 12v rail... love the Rampage II extreme but lots to learn, more to come, temps are good and this is with no pcie oc.
    Dave

17. glenboy

glenboy Guest

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    nice going dave and a cracking score and good overclock on the xeon on h20 and glad to see you've finally put an overclock on those 4870x2's :)

on a side note whats the temps like on the xeon you have on water at that speed
    cheers

18. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    wow i just came back into this thread. Great scores guys.

Damn 2 x 4870x2. The pt is 3dmarks 06 is cpu intensive. I got 21k at 4.1ghz for my c2d. I am using tri fire x2 with 4870. My damn 4870 from powercolor cannot be Oc nor voltages be set.

I did fiddle around with the voltage thing for my x2 but i didn't set anything. I can run 3dmarks at around 817mhz and the max 1000mhz on ccc.

Did u guys manage to go higher than that?? U know the stock fan doesn't seem to be too good in cooling it. I always try and run it at a constant 60-70% when i make it go beyond 800mhz.

19. chief Dave

chief Dave Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 290x
    Thanks man:) temps are allways 45 to 50 with this build as my block is 90degrees off lol Love the new mb and now my 24/7 is 4.5 @ 1.45 ht enabled. I need to try the new bios and unlock qpi ratio... or just get a new cpu :)

I can take the bclk to 222 but it gets very unstable, not even 3d, prime not even close. O well.
    Thanks man!
    Dave
    PS ran vantage same clock but could not get though it even with 1.49 volts, temps where ok but I got scared:nerd:I'd hate to go back to my 920 that only does 4.2 24/7

20. glenboy

glenboy Guest

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    got an i7 xeon coming myself and x58motherboard, so i can join in on some i7 goodness , wanted the rampage II extreme myself like you've got i've always had asus boards and liked them but chispy did me a good deal so got coming a dfi ut x58 to go with my xeon off him

death samurai with a single 4870x2 i could run 06 at 840ish on core but with 2 of them in it was 817 for me as well, that was 100% fan speed though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.