Street Fighter 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    All that's doing is swapping costume 1 and 2. Someone already figured out what hex to use with Cheat Engine to unlock the 2nd costumes but he won't post it because Capcom may try to charge for it! I dunno about you guys but I'm not paying AGAIN for alternate costumes!

A little more progress, read the posts: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/pc-te...c-alternate-costumes-already-disc-106827.html

That guy who extracted the 3D models didn't leave exactly clear posts, that's a shame, I want to know what he knows about it.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  3. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
  4. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    How the hell do you configure a PS3 controller for SF4? The game detects the controller but it's to complicated to set it up!

5. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I got all the characters :D

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Anyone using a 4870x2 with this game.

I am getting low performance I think compared to everyone else. Im getting 60fps on some levels then on others it slows down to around 38-42fps...

Anyone know if crossfire is working for this game or not?

I will try using just one card and see how it goes.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    it should be supported,

more..

looks like they didn't test X2 model

try without crossfire.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Well I have narrowed it down.

The game plays perfectly fine. I score 12k+ points in the benchmark with 176.56fps average.

When playing the first few levels of the game the first few matches all play extremely fast. Even though Vsync is OFF and the Frame rate set to Variable in the options FRAPS still reports 60fps in the corner. However, the first few matches play at 60fps no dips. But then in the 3rd or sometimes 4th match the frames slow down to high 30's - low 40's...

It is as if Crossfire just simply fails.

I have tried 9.6 and now I have just tried 9.7 beta (leaked earlier on here) and both give exactly the same fps.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just tried the game by disabling CatA.I all together and I played 5 matches and the frame rate stayed locked at 60fps.

I think Crossfire is broken with this game... anyone else with Xfire care to clarify this statement?

10. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    So does it cost money to be a games for windows live member and play this online?

11. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    Completed it an hour or two ago, all characters for me!

If any one wants to try my savegame you're welcome, you'll have to copy both folders to the correct locations which are in the readme.txt - it's untested as I don't have another PC to try it on?

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/253951159/Streetfighter_IV_-_100_Percent_Done-GRiM.rar
    http://www.zshare.net/download/62451787942dfc07/

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It won't work, your savegame is tied to your LIVE profile so using another save will give a message that it's corrupted as it doesn't match the LIVE profile (It's a sort of protection system, also used in GTA IV.)

EDIT: Bonus costumes unlocked, works great though a bit cumbersome.
    http://www.gamevixenzone.com/gvz/viewtopic.php?p=25159#p25159
    (I backed up the character folder "\SF4\Battle\Chara" so now there's a "-" folder with the same content in it so that I can switch between them should it be needed.)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Again, isn't that just swapping the files? I'm telling you guys that all that is required is a simple hexcode and that dude on shoryuken.com knows them, he just won't talk. I already provided links to the Cheat Engine list made for SF4, if you guys try you could probably find how to unlock the extra costumes rather than resorting to swapping files.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    True this is done by hex-editing (After unpacking the data) a few files inside the character "packages" (Those .emz and so on files.) so that you switch model 01 to model 02 and so on, there's also a actual 01 and 02 variant of these packages but switching those will cause the game to crash when loading a character and the above method is a bit cumbersome.
    (Which is why I did that backup folder, takes a bit of disc space but much easier to swap between.)

As you say finding the memory addresses that governs what costume each character has would be a bit "cleaner" and perhaps even simpler solution though unfortunately it's very difficult to find these sort of things unless you have a bit of experience with such stuff. (I wouldn't be able to do it, to me it just looks like random memory addresses so hooking something to the game and reading what they do is far above my skills.)

Perhaps Capcom will sell them as actual DLC as with the X360 version, there is a marketplace link in the games main menu but I haven't heard anything about DLC support.
    (Should it happen I'll also remove the above link to avoid problems, at the moment though it should be fine.)

Also the above modification or what to call it doesn't cover the alternate color schemes yet though those might be done later on from what I've read.

Come to think of it I'm unsure on how a DLC unlock of these items would work, simple file addon to the game or just a registry parameter?
    (Files are already present so a download would be quite small.)

15. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    I know that the savegames are tied to the GFWLive account - but I've also uploaded my offline GFWLive account folder in the same rar, it worked fine with other peoples GTA IV saves (As long as you had the GFWL account folder).

Has any one tried it at all?

16. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    anyone want to get some games in?

17. ShadieVille

ShadieVille Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 275 OC 896MB
    Any body tried this over hamachi?!!!

18. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    wouldn't work theres no lan play.

also go buy the game.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  19. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    I just got the game and would anyone happen too know why it won't reconize sp? my 360 wireless controller? it's driving me mad

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310