Street Fighter 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    if you have a g15 its no problem at all :)

2. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    nope im using a normal keyboard

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Completing some of Zangiefs combo challenges were also quite difficult on a keyboard - Up, Right, Down, Left (basically a full circle) is used for several moves, charge attacks also took some time to learn. (Holding down the button a while.)

4. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    yea thats my point, for me to have to move around just to shoot a normal hadoken is ridiculous... Is there anyway i could bind these normal attacks to certain keys on a normal keyboard

5. China Mark

China Mark Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1GB (1040/1275)
    Those quarter turns, half turns are such a nightmare and to then have to add them into cancelling moves and combos......oh my god!!

I haven't got round to trying this yet, but I think it should work....I use Xpadder a lot because games never recognise my crappy little gamepad, so I map all the keys to the buttons I want and then plug the gamepad in after I've started a game so that it doesn't recognise the pad and try and configure it automatically. I think you can map more than 1 key to a button so I'm gonna try and map those horrible turns to buttons to make it easier.

Some may call it cheating, but I prefer to call it....getting something out of a game that I would otherwise frustratingly give up with:)

6. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Using macros won't make you any better at the game. You're better off learning the moves properly so you can do them on reaction. Besides SFIV is much more forgiving (easy) to do special moves than it's predecessor's - for instance a Dragon Punch is usually F,DF,D,DF+P but in this game you can get a way with DF,DF+P.

7. Eric-1987

Eric-1987 Banned

GPU:
    dont worry about it
    LOL Wtf? Even my friends 6 year old nephew can do a haduken! Thats the easiest move in street fighter history.

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    I'm actually quite used to playing fighting games on keyboard (thank ZSNES and ePSXe for that) but I'm used to playing SF4 with the 360 controller. :D

9. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    I don't think anyone wants to play online with me :(

10. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I would but I don't think the lag from England to New York would be too good. I'm actually finding it hard to get green connections to anyone now... =( Pretty terrible online system to be honest, they should have rewrote it for PC, you can't even see the ping times, no proper lobby and no chat support. If only...

11. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    believe it or not i played with someone in spain and it wasn't THAT bad.

12. Gorkle

Gorkle Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 Ultra OC 768mb
    My copy of SF4 arrived today! Having never owned a proper Street Fighter game before, I can tell this is going to take some getting used to, but it's a lot of fun.

I was getting mostly destroyed online, but the last two games which I won made up for it!

Enjoying Sagat and Rufus most of all I think. Rufus is a great new addition.

13. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    You should give me an add online so we could play some games.

14. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
  15. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    So how does the online play work? I just have to be a Live member and that's it? The game doesn't require a unique key or anything?

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Thank you for the links. Now I just need to figure out how it works. Hopefully there is a way to unlock the alternate costumes. I don't think Capcom has released anything for that yet and I already paid $20+tax for that (which should have been free) on the PS3 version! The files for everything are right there in plain view... the ones after 1 are the alternates in the character folders.
    I was googling to see if modding has started on it and I ran into the same thread, lol.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  17. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Anyone unlock Akuma and Gouken yet...... they are sooo annoying to unlock

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  18. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Just set difficulty to Easiest and rounds to 1. Easy, even Seth is retarded on this skill level. 2 perfects + 2 Ultra finishes for Akuma/Gouki and 3 of each for Gouken.

19. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    The most difficult part about getting Gouken, Akuma and Seth, is getting the required 1 Perfect Round, the CPU will manage to get at least one hit in.

To unlock Gouken as a playable character, complete Arcade Mode playing as Akuma and watch an ending. Then use the following steps to unlock Gouken as an opponent.

Play as any character that you have already completed the game with and have watched their ending. You must complete the game again as them, using no continues, having no losses in any round (playing one round matches recommended), and get a certain number of "Perfect" rounds, depending on the number of rounds per match setting:

1 round match: One or more "Perfect" rounds.
    1 round match: One special finishes.
    1 round match: "First Attack " Five or more times.

To get Akuma you do the same thing, finish with all characters, then do as above.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310