sick and tired of my country ... where should i go to ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by [ R ], Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Na i used to live up in the mountains beside a ski slope http://www.ski-glenshee.co.uk/ :D

for years i don't like where i live now cause where in a heatwave i mean its been like 28c in the last 5 days.

2. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    hmmm, lets see.....

you can get a personnel health plan for around $100 a month(age depending) for good care that would of covered alot of the ct and followup care. I know this because i just started getting good coverage for both of my kids for $183 a month. I switched to buying our own plan because it was cheaper then getting it thru work.
    once again it is all about personnel choice. it is not hard to scrap up $100 a month. heck, I worked at a place that had a 80/20 plan, which means i paid 80% of the premium a month. and i was only making about $10 per hour, so i was paying $200 out of pocket for it.

sorry, i only have crocodile tears for him

3. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Pfft, the North Pole is so cold because of the cold air being blown up from Scotland! :p

4. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I didn't read everyone's suggestions - maybe because I'm sure there was a lot of country bashing going on...

Anyway, the US is very diverse and I think a great place to live. Every State really has unique people and cultures. And it even differs from community to community, town to town, etc...

The problem with moving to the US (and probably most other countries) is getting a visa and a green card. It's usually a lot easier if you have a job lined up and the company helps you get the things you need. But having a job is a very good first step.

I think the USA would very much welcome you... Just don't be a terrorists and you'll be fine. lol

5. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    "I think the USA would very much welcome you... Just don't be a terrorists and you'll be fine. lol "

i would think that is pretty universal

6. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Awesome thread btw. This kind of stuff really gets my imagination going. Maaan I wish I had the money to travel.

From a "Sweden" thread I posted the other day, Bravo's place sounds absolutely awesome!

7. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Very much just a joke..

8. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    i can easily tolerate cold weather

so guys now should i go to the canadian embassy and ask for details of immigration ? or is there a country being left out ?

9. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    No, I think Canada sounds nice, but if that fails... You had this version of going to Turkey and being a lawyer there, so you might give that a try;)

10. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Come to America!

11. DougClayton4231

DougClayton4231 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3850/ NV 9800GTX+
    lol, the majority of things that they have had to change in this terrible country were not in the constitution nor the bill of rights. Maybe we should have kept slavery and women not being able to vote too :finger: :rolleyes:

I work hard for everything I have, but that doesn't change the fact that I and my girlfriend are both college students who cannot afford healthcare. Some people have to support themselves throughout college unlike others. Take a trip to impoverished areas without work and tell them to work hard. :mad:

12. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    goddarn i wrote a huge article and it didnt go through ughhh

Pretty much look at the wait times in an average canadian waiting room, 9+ hours; in the US 3-4 hours. i pay 15.00 copay and 30.00 a month for health dental and vision. id rather pay that and wait for 2 hours then to pay nothing and wait 12 hours

also universal healthcare YOU pay everyone elses health care, even people on the streets so when they go to the hospital becasue they od'd on heroine your paying for it, only for them to do it again.

I could go on for days why not to go with universal healthcare.

Just dont make it your top reason to move to canada.

Im still saying the U.S.

food for thought...http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/06/canadian.health.care.system/index.html

13. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Universal Healthcare = good, Canadian Universal Healthcare derserves a post in the Fail Thread.

The healthcare care systems do work very well in Europe (Germany at least)

Dahzeal33, this place IS awesome!

ps. I just got a job as a Paramedic in Munich.

[​IMG]

Thats why I'm so happy. :D

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  14. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Yup, healthcare is ok here, I guess...

15. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    yeah i know man but for once i want a change of environment , i have been around muslims for 20 years now i want to be around people of other religion , other skin color , other culture for at least some time or the other ... thats why i wanna move to any other country cause i wanna see other people too i wanna see how people aside from muslims live , act in society and stuff ...

16. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Ahhhhhh Cheap Shot! :biggun:

We had 2FT fall of snow in FEB so HA!
    I bet you guys couldnt hack our cold and wet weather! Snow treads dont do anything in wet and cold mate....... :flip2:

17. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    P.S i made this thread last night and already 6 pages ^_^ i'd say this thread is a WIN

18. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    ahh that looks nice :)

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    But isn't it a well know fact that all Swedes are... never mind. :D

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    If you're thinking about Canada keep in mind that the weather can be extreme and erratic. Typically every year there will be days over 35 degrees Celsius with unbearable humidity... while others will be negative 40 Celsius with the massive windchill factor. Right now it's moderate, 18c... a high of 23 and a low of 12 for the day.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.