sick and tired of my country ... where should i go to ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by [ R ], Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    USA is a fun place i went to visit cousins agesss ago it was a blast youd probably have more fun there...

2. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Move to Dubai, its a good place to be.

3. Crisis66

Crisis66 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970
    Surprise no one has mentioned Canada.

It's an amazing country and very multi-cultural. Very tranquil if I might add. Places like Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland are gorgeous. Even British Columbia is a nice province to live in. They are very beautiful in terms of nature. If you're more a big city guy though, Toronto is the place for you. One of the biggest cities in Canada and is probably the multi-cultural center of Canada. Although here in Toronto our sports teams suck. :)

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I think my choice would be Canada.:)

5. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    It depends on where you live. Where I am there are practically no turkish people (nor polish people). The few that are here are treated very well. If you go up north there are alot more but in general its really very calm.

Germany is a great place...oh and did I mention the women are sexy. I lived in North America for around 12 years (born in L.A. I might add) and I've been all over Europe...but the women in Germany win hands down. :D

Thats right I base life decisions on how attractive women are.

6. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I'd come to america. Its pretty diverse here. If you dont mind hot climates, arizona has KILLER prices on houses right now. I was just down there with my uncle and, there was a 7,000 square foot beautiful house for 400k. America is pretty good though, if you can get over obama's stupid decisions.

7. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Come join the Canada West stay away from the East and its politics

Beware the supposed equality of Canada lots of it is bullocks well mainly in The Northern Territories anyways

8. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    And most of these people are white British, I have 4 families that I know of living around me who have 4-6 kids, a car or two, claiming benefits and not working.

Then they moan about immigrants coming to "their country" and stealing their jobs... Maybe if they get off their arses and actually try to find one things might be different. Actually the immigrants contribute more to the country than they do.

EDIT:: On topic, if I were to move anywhere it would also be Canada.

9. Dala

Dala Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD6950
    I'm gonna give you another option ;)

Another scandinavian country that doesn't get alot of attention, Finland.

Amazing scenery, temperatures ranging from -30*C -> +30*C, and the best part, no one here gives a **** about religion, race or stuff like that. We just live here, pretty peacefully. One bad thing thou, the language. We have two official languages here, swedish and finnish. So you're gonna have to be open minded on the language side.

I wish you good luck wherever your choose to go!

10. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    As an American I can honestly say there are many great areas that are very diverse here. However for some reason I've always thought Australia would be a great place to live.

11. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    Upstate NY, USA it is beautiful up here you get 4 seasons, we Have HUD which helps on rent if your residence is approved, Public Assistance for food stamps and health insurance if you arent too wealthy and minimum wage is pretty good, almost 8.00/hr and your typical 1 bedroom apartment rent would be around 500-600/mo with heat sometimes included and even if it isnt there is a program called HEAP which helps you with your heating costs, and even housing is pretty cheap decent houses go for around 80-100 thousand, i have lived here all my life and love it no bad things to speak of although winters are a bit tricky....but fun! ask any questions you like about it.

12. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    bradbb2005,

LOL, your post about upstate NY is all about the reason why we left Syracuse.

You praise the state for all the welfare benefits that it has, that is the main employer up there. the taxes were killing us when we lived there, that and the killer electric bills because nimo is owned by the mafia. there is no industry up there any more as high taxes and utilites have driven them all south.
    we moved to virginia in 99 and doubled our salary right from the start.

my advice is to head south, the northeast is a heaven to liberals and taxes.

but i really do miss the weather and the state parks. the fishing is great too.

13. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I've lived in South Africa, Majorca, Spain and England, and England is the biggest sh1thole of the lot. I can't wait to get out of here and away from the miserable public and scummy chavs and common people that rather look at a peice of dog crap on the pavement than look you in the eye and smile.

My top 3 in my mind are Canada, Australia or Alaska :x

14. mike41

mike41 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    not to ruin the mood but i dont think you should move to a european country. They wont tell it to you to your face but they dont like immigrants. If you want to "fit in" i recommend USA

15. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    If you want to live like a king you should go so Sweden.They have the best justice system in the world,they are liberal,they have the best standards in Europe.I have friends and relatives there and they are quite happy.Forget about UK,they are uptight.And USA,they bomb people just for thinking diferently.You can imagine what they do to someone who looks and acts diferent.
    No ofense to anyone but facts are facts.

16. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    Hmmm...now when you've mentioned it,maybe i'll move to Canada.Watch US from safe distance....They'll never going to bomb Canada...

17. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    i recommend greece been going for the last 13years and they are so polite and welcoming

18. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    Really? Where you live are there suicide bombers everyday? Are you governed under sharia law?

To OP, I vote UK, too. The accent makes the chicks 10x hotter. =D

19. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hot chicks, in UK? Wow.. That's a new one. :p

I'd recommend Switzerland or Germany. Relatives of acquintances I have all live there, and get along great.

20. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    i have been to europe quite afew times over the last 10 years and i have seen it changing pretty rapidly. Sweden was pretty nice but they have problems there. my friends pay 52% of they pay to taxes every paycheck, that really sucks. yes you get "free" healthcare and alot of social programs but man that is alot of taxes.

plus i have seen alot of immigration of the arabs/muslims and i think in about 10-20yrs europe will not be tops on my to visit list.
    nice to visit but would not live there.
    i am thinking costa rica when i retire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.