Official Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Syranetic, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    * Windows XP (with SP3) / Windows Vista (with SP1)
    * Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, Intel Pentium D 2.66 Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 3500 +
    * 1 GB for Windows XP / 2 GB for Windows Vista
    * Graphics card with 256 MB RAM, compatible with DirectX 10.0 or DirectX 9.0c with Shader Model 3.0 - supported cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6800/7600-7950/8600-8800/9600-9800/GTX 260-280, ATI RADEON X1650 - 1950/HD 2400-2900/3650-3870/4650-4870
    * 4 GB of disk space
    * Sound card compatible with DirectX 9.0c
    * DVD-ROM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Disappointing as there is confirmed lack of DX10, and graphics options are far more limited over the original game. Also, the audio tab has no advaned options, merely volume settings.

I did however find in the installation directory an audio.scr file which contains config settings.

Code:
    !API(s)            // DS3D, OpenAL, XACT, NoSound
    !MixFrequency(i)
    !Channels(i)
    !ForceSoftware()
    !ForceSoftwareEAX()
    !ForceNoFXes()
    !Quality3D(s)      // low, medium, high
    UseEAX()
    !ExtraSounds01()
    !SpeechVolume(i)
    !FXVolume(i)
    !WaveVolume(i)
    !GlobalSettings(s)

API("OpenAL")
    //API("XAudio2")
    MixFrequency(44100)
    Channels(128)
    Quality3D("high")
    FXVolume(8)
    WaveVolume(5)
    SpeechVolume(8)
    GlobalSettings("")

As you can see I modified the default XAudio2 to OpenAL as it seems to be using the Vista API (using Windows 7) ... Quality3d was default set to medium which I changed to high, increased max voices to 128 for my x-fi card and enabled EAX which had no option ingame... :bang:

Graphic quality is excellent with little to no aliasing. Ambient occlusion is working properly and you can see some of it in the screens above. FPS are very good, rarely dipping below 60 fps... though obviously I don't know how well it scales on lower end systems.

The multiplayer is pretty fun, but the dedicated server is either undocumented or unreleased. I can only host a game from the ingame menu. If anyone knows how to get the dedicated server working, let me know -- I did find the config file for it, but there is no command line option documented to start a dedicated server.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If it's the same as the first CoJ the actual config file(s) should be in the user folder somewhere, you probably modified the default config file. :)
    (If it's the same as CoJ 1 you also need to open the strange extension files manually via notepad or it'll be recognized as a sort of screen saver thing.)

EDIT: As for your changes the default audio API should be fine, it's part of the DirectX SDK and is not DSound so it should work without issues, unsure if it'll be better than OpenAL though.

EDIT: Been thinking of buying it over Steam though as I also have the original CoJ game there but 50 euro is rather hefty compared to retail prices and the game won't be released here until tomorrow evening. (Steam release date and time region differences and such.)

(Will wait until the price drops a bit, might replay the first game as it's quite a bit better with the DX10 and gameplay change patch.)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I'm going to add it, but also remove the "official", as only an admin or Hilbert himself can make a thread "official".

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    the game looks very nice indeed :thumbup:

5. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I played through the first bit of this game and so far it's quite good! I love it when games do that time period justice.

I'm playing on max settings and its super smooth. Loving it!

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    if it was a third person shooter i may BUY it..but western FPS is not my type :(

7. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Loved the first CoJ so hoping that this one is just as good!

8. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
  9. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Wau, this might even work on my pc:p

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

11. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Well that's just great. I try to give a technical issue fix to the community and now nobody can comment on it because this ass at the top had to make his own thread 10 hours after mine.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=299340

12. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Situation's getting heated:flame:

13. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Try it .. it just a same gun game with a western theme .. and probably one of the best fps i've ever played ..

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

No need to insult someone over this. get a grip

15. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Well... it's just that you try to help the community with a fix and instead of a thank you they close your thread (you get a **** you).

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's great news. You have a similar PC to mine so I'm interested in knowing what kind of framerate you're getting on those settings. Hopefully it's 30 fps or higher.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Infact i have a plan in my mind about trying it on PC..and then decide..i ididnt like first game..it was boring for me..i hate regular FPS games......i know this game has high scores and people likes it but my taste liking is different..but yes, i will try this and decide..visuals looks stunning :)

18. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I thought the stealth elements were great in the first game. Also, did you happen to have the DX10 Ehancement Pack? It chaged the layout of the first level so that Billy ran through the forests to show off the new textures and details.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Tut... looking at the screenshot of those Video Options in the first post, is this yet another PC game with no in-game option for V-Sync? I know you can force it through the control panel but really there's no excuse for omitting from the in-game options at all. It's laziness really, no doubt because the console versions were the priority and they can't run with V-Sync enabled. Tut.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm i never played it with the enhancement pack , hmm might try the game once more i think. :)