BFGTech Geforce 7300GT 512 AGPx8--obscureity I CANT FIND NUTTIN' on my card. HELP!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sublime20, Jun 28, 2009.

1. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    hey peeps, i cant seem to get even the slightest bit of support/ more info on my recent Newegg purchase other than its device specs and requirements... can someone tell me what gives, and possibly tell me what this card can do?

I have currently played Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter with this card with medium/high settings and halo 2 at medium setting and CnC 3 Tiberium wars with the kane's wrath Expansion at low settings

the product i bought which seems to have been cast in a shadow of obscureity:::

BFGTech GeForce 7300GT 512MB (AGPx8) version
    full specs:

Performance
    core clock 350 MHzvideo memory 512
    128bit interface

RAMDACs
    Dual 400MHz
    multi display
    1 dvi 1 vga 1 hdtv/
    s-video out

Check out the link :
    http://bfgtech.com/bfgr73512gt.aspx

This is pretty much the only thing i can find on this card other than a few crappy youtube "OHH LOOKIE WHAT I CAN PLAY ON MY SUCH N SUCH GRAPHICS CARD" type of videos...

I MEAN DAMN, Nvidia Doesnt even show an AGP version on the legacy card section of the site::

take a look for yourself:
    http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7300.html

I need help finding a driver for the AGP version because the Control panel wont reflect fan speeds/temperature and it doesnt let me use the tuning because (i think) it doesnt even detect the bus type of this card......

i contacted Nvidia on the tech threads but they havent given me a suitable solution AND the drivers that came with it dont even work either.

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  2. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    It's about time you let go of legacy stuff mate and take the plunge - Have you seen the lot of games being released recently and those coming out in the short future ? That won't cut it ! :D

3. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    man, but im soo broke dude!! haha i know!!! but what can i say?? i cant even afford a current generation game.

i just wanted to play the games i do have (it plays half of them at rediculous framerates)

i will be buying a new rig soon with all my parts of the choosing :p

4. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    LOL when you say "ridiculous" do you mean ridiculously good or ridiculously bad ? :bigsmile:

5. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    half of em good and bad,

i can do without the joking,,,,, if someone has info OR who can actually help i would appreciatedly accept it!
    --just because i have a legacy product doesnt mean i should not expect any real help

this is the only card i can afford and i am stuck with it for a WHILE, so can anyone please help me with my video card??

6. mudkips

mudkips Active Member

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX
    Odd, my old 6600gt agp works fine on my spare system with the newest drivers (186.18). What driver are you using now?

7. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    well i was using 186.18 ( the most current)
    but the same problem occurs with every forceware version i tried..

the nvidia tech i am speakin with told me to use 178.13

its crazy,,, the first time i installed this card and the driver that came with it, everything worked fine!

I WAS A DAMN IDIOT TO HAVE UPDATED IT WITH NEWER FORCEWARE. urggggghhhh

178.13 still isnt a resolver of my issues by the way

8. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    Do you use driver cleaner to remove the old driver before you install the new driver?

9. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    yes, but that doesn work man i even deleted the windows default driver

im sorry to bother you guys with this question. imean i never heard of an nvidia video card not listed on nvidia.com at least not this card (wich happens to be AGP.

the only 7300GT's listen on nvidia under legacy products are the PCIe versions

-the nvidia tech that i have written to seems to be baffled by it also....

upon contradiction, like i said in the original post, its listed on BFGtech (Both AGPx8 and PCI, and PCIe)

i am just seeing if there is anyone with a 7300GT that has the same bus type with the same problems who also ight have a solution or a driver that identifies this card as AGPx8

cus currently windows vista tells me its installed and registered as AGPx8 but the Forceware control panel doesnt classify it as ANY bus type... i had some wierd obscure cards like this but this is the most rediculously wierd issue i have ever had!!

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Honestly cards such as the 7300GT aren't worth paying for... often cards below "mid range" are a complete ripoff because they're barely a step above onboard graphics. Often even the mid range cards are ripoffs, like 8600GT which was absolutely terrible which is probably why nVidia made sure the 9600GT wasn't crap.

In your case I would highly recommend just saving your money and buying a console like a 360 or PS3 if you can't afford an upgrade because any video card of that level is just robbing you of your money.

11. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    I've never heard of a driver have an issue with the interface.

Honestly, if those are the only features your missing, I would download and use RivaTuner.

Come to think of it, I cannot seem to find my Temperature settings in the Nvidia Control Panel. But I dont particularly care, cause I use RivaTuner for that.

12. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti

yeah im stupid hhhaha, its soo hard saving your income in times like these.

I miss my 360, i bought mine at a military PX when i served

ahh the prices were CHEAP!!

Cheaper not by much, but it was attractive!

my 360 croaked only a half a year ago.
    i think ill just get barebones with an nvidia SLI mobo and just rig a custom case when i get the cash.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Don't spend cash on things which will be of no use. Why pay for an SLI motherboard when it's not likely something you're going to use? When you get some cash put together a rig built around a cheap Core 2-architecture CPU then overclock the hell out of it. You'll want a motherboard which can overclock, not one which has features like SLI which are of no use to you.

As for your 360, didn't Micro$oft extend the warranty or something due to 95% of the first generation 360s blowing up?

14. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    Neo Cyrus-

haha you would think huh?? but im not the type that fills out warranties....i figure a deal is done when its transacted (you buy the product, then its over with.) im not that materialistic i guess.... what i mean to say (as far as my 360 is concerned, thats a nice device to have but moreover, its a silly device to waste time and extra money on if you paid the asked price thinking your to get a quality product like expected.. lol

think about it, why spend more money trying to fix a problem that shouldve been picked up before release???

i like your replies i appreciate your concern and advice!!

i just have to buy strategically, i know enough about computer hardware that if you gave me say 300 $ tops, i can rig a system capable of a very great deal of things.... so i will just wait for my next paycheck and spend 300-400 dollars and just manually slap it all together than buy it prebuilt ( barebones/buying seperate items are also the cheaper way to get a pc worth keeping around.....

15. b101uk

b101uk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    i had a PNY 7300GT AGP 512mb it was in use untill 2 days ago (made a new pc) was using win XP,

i found 178.24 WHQL & 94.24 WHQL (old games) to be the best drivers (from the nvidia site)

16. Zap

Zap Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600 GT 256MB
    True compared to onboard graphics of today, but three years ago it was a different matter.

In any case, not like sublime20 can go out and buy any good graphics card to pop into his AGP system.

sublime20, try Rivatuner or GPU-Z to see info on the card, including temperatures. Regarding controlling the fan, some of these lower end products do not have fan control at all.

If you had better luck with the driver version that came with the card, then you can do a driver cleanup and reinstall the original drivers. Note that BFG uses stock drivers, so there's nothing special about them. If you need more immediate assistance you can always call BFG's tech support line at 1.866.BFGFIXX (1.866.234.3499). It is a toll free call if you are in the USA or Canada, and it is the only graphics card tech support that never closes so you can call anytime, day or night, even weekends and holidays.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The 7300 used a "Static speed" fan, as did pretty well everything from the GeForce 7 series. Also, the low-end cards tend to lack a thermal diode, so no temp monitoring. Also, those cards were intended for PCI Express...and as such, are unsupported by nVidia on AGP. The AGP varients were done by the manufacturers themselves.

18. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    Have you tried visiting NVIDIA's old drivers archive ? you will find what you are looking there - you are having a very strange problem - I wouldn't be concerned about what bus type is reported by your control panel, but the fact it WORKS as it should. Are your chipset drivers isntalled properly ? latest versions ? What about the chipset AGP drivers are those installed as well ? I think there is a driver issue somewhere.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The drivers have to be written to support the specific card. The AGP 7300 was created by a couple manufacturers and not by nVidia themselves.

20. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti

yes, none worked... i tried about 6-7 of em and was DONE

lol

im sick of installing/deleting drivers at this point hahaaha

i think its just what the other guy said,

The 7300GT was PCIe Specific (not originally AGP) its like they added a PCIe to AGPx8 bridge to the card's PCB wich not only would disable features, but slow the performance on a broad scale. i would think?? how about
    you?