ASUS MARS to cost 1700 USD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jun 19, 2009.

1. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    what are this companys thinking. asus mars 1.7k and alienwear curved monitor 8k who do they think buys from them.

2. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Wow !!

Cards are really expensive in Mars ;)

3. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Wow this is just ridicules, in all honesty, $1000 was very reasonable but $1700 is as far as mars. In all honesty you will have to be the opposite of bright to buy one of these and to SLI them you have to be a total retard! What was the point of even producing this only to have limited run like this. Not very smart IMO.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Because they'll probably sell them all.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Because it's the fastest graphics card on the planet....and 2 in SLI can't be touched.

6. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Aye, if you're filthy rich or just really care a/b having the absolute best, there's nothing that can compete with two of these. I would say actually the only people for whom this would be worth getting are those who get 2 for quad SLI, cuz as stated before one of these could be beaten with 3 GTX285s or 2 295s for much less money

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you only have 1 PCIe slot....1 of these would provide the best performance possible. Have to look at all possibilities. Boards with single PCIe slot can't run 3x GTX285.....nor 2x GTX295. So, if you have the money and don't mind wasting it....this would beat all on a single PCIe slot board....or if you're just insane...buy 2...

8. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti

With the heat its giving off, Amen brother.. lol

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    if you have one PCIe Slot, how in the world would you have enough money for this?

10. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Awesomeness!!

Well I'm using it for reasons. Have two on the way. Post some pics and info and benchmarks later. Let you know if it's in fact no good or that it is.
    Thanks!! :pc1: :biggun:

11. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Oh, and if you live near austin,texas I'm havin a lan soon. Send me a message for info.

12. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    If you're okay with spending $1700 on a video card, you can afford to buy a new mobo dude... It would be cheaper to buy 3 GTX 285's AND that evga classified x58 board than one of these. seriously the only reason to get this would be to have 2 so as to have the fastest graphics solution available

13. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Yeah... Was planning on using it with my blog and review. Benchmarks and all that fun stuff. Since there are only 1000 going around, figured it might be cool to do all the benchmark tests and see how it runs compared to tri sli.
    Did a quad sli test a while ago, then sold those for a tri setup with 3 gtx 285's
    Saved all my work as well. Now I'm headed toward mars to grab a couple of asus cards. :nerd: Oh, and I was trying to figure out between the classified
    and the asus supercomputer. I liked the idea of 4 true pcie x16 slots so went with asus. The freezone elite actually works really well with the new i7's!
    Nice and cold. I dont spend my money on anything, but for some reason just love hardware!!

14. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    It aimed at people with alot of money or people who wana break benching records, the average enthusiast wont pay that much i wouldnt think. I mean there aint any game that needs that much power.

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I like Asus and a trusty old A7M266 lasted 7 years in active use as the band's daw machine, but, come on, this product has a rediculous price!

16. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Mars and ordering

Man, this has been a bit of a rollercoaster.. Had to get a friend in the U.K to pick it up and then ship it here to me in the states.. If you are from the U.S
    and want to preorder you definitely need a relative or close friend to grab them for you. Just know that in a months time these are gonna go fast. they'll be some dude on ebay selling one here for a trillion dollars.. I know there is someone dumb enough to buy it just because of the collectors stamp.
    personally even though I got 2 I would'nt sell them ON EBAY. This is what I love.
    Gaming, benchmarks,resolution!! It's more of a personal pleasure than anything.
    but the gt300's will be out about 6 months later.. Since I upgrade about every 6 months I'm cool with that.

17. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    pics or it didn't happen.

and if you did get it, you just wasted what like $3400 only to upgrade AGAIN
    6 months later?

18. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Uhh hes not got the cards yet but anyways i don't think he cares that much.

19. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    That's cool man, lookin forward to hearing how they are

20. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    So they said august 14th release date.. Sorry about all the hold ups. I cant wait to let my friends here know what the deal is with these. good or bad :)