Forceware 186.18 WHQL ( non quadro ) out Nvidia site

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 18, 2009.

1. reeven

reeven Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    Best driver for prototype, 60-100 fps with gtx280 and quad 4 gb.

2. Eliminator

Eliminator Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280/Dell 2405FPW
    does empire total war work with these drivers in windows 7?... with 185.85 you just get crazy flickering

3. northo

northo Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTS 450
    Installed these drivers on windows 7 (7000 Beta)
    And decresed my performance index scores on aero and gaming performance to 4.1.
    Not good.

Games are running bit worse than the 186.08.

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

yep, same for me. Best are still 186.08 beta, it's odd.

5. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Verite V1000 & Voodoo 4MB
    My refresh rate defaults to 23hz in the nVidia control panel when I boot up and SLI is enabled. I have to go into display properties and change it to 60hz every single time. If it's not one thing it's another with nVidias drivers lately.

6. georaldc

georaldc Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    I just realized that this only works in DX9. Just tried Crysis at DX10 and the black borders don't appear, stretching the screen. Is this a bug they never fixed in dx10, or am I missing something here?

7. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    For whatever reason, the developers lessened the grass for DX10. Read the bottom of this page: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTU5Myw1LCxoZW50aGlzdWFzdA== It's the game, not the drivers.

8. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896

stop using old versions. the drivers are made for RC1+ not the beta.

9. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    I think I'm going back to the 190 quadro drivers, both these and the previous betas from nVidia's site show flickering at desktop.

10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Interesting find. I've only been able to use dx10 since the 185.85 drivers were released since I was running xp before. The bizarre thing is that 185.85 does not draw less grass in dx10 mode, or at least it does draw the taller wheatlike grass that I'm focusing on, whereas 186.18 does not.

11. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Very strange... I can get BF2 to launch but my 24" Widescreen isn't showing it wide using Win7 32bit 7260 build. Not sure if its the OS or the drivers so I'm going to test the Beta's everyone here seems to be rolling back to, the 186.08's and test those to see whats going on.

Ohh also in the CP I couldn't get the Hertz level to raise to 60 from 59...it just kept reverting even when I applied the settings. Odd..

Edit: Tried these again before the beta's and it worked..started the game and it spreads the whole screen now. But the Hertz issue still there..

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    yeah, the 59Hz bug is something well known for Windows 7 user. we're all waiting for a fix.

13. Captain Mazda

Captain Mazda Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580
    Win 7 RC1

Still freezing in Left 4 Dead, only way to fix it is by alt-tabbing back and forth until it goes away.

14. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Same problem with these that I've had with 185x drivers (compared to 182). The moment I start a game using my native monitor resolution (1280x1024 @ 85Hz) the whole image shift few inches to the right (off the screen, like moving the whole screen left through CP).

Since I am done playing every other game people have posted here and don't have them installed, right now Velvet Assassin and Spiderman 3 show the image just fine (center of the monitor) at this res but in old games like BloodRayne I have to increase to 1600x1200 (75Hz) to get the image to center on the screen.

I am just sick and tired of download 100+ MB (and increasing) package of WHQL drivers since 182x series and then reverting back all over again just cause of this issue (everything else seems to be working fine).

This issue only came up when they started supporting Windows 7...

ANYWAYS, I will keep them, in-game performance seems fine and compared to 182, I can tell that for some reason the IQ even in BloodRayne is way better quality.

15. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Did you restart the game when switching between DX9 and DX10?

16. Raidostyle

Raidostyle New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295
    This driver did improved my system a lill bit : 3Dmark Vantage : Cpu score 51385, Gpu 19324. But what the hell is wrong with when i shut down my system and start it up next day, my reso from 1600x1050 changes automaticly to 1280x1024? in the windows log in menu.. i need to reset it everytime to 1600x1050.. Someone know the same problem?

17. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Prototype is still not accelerating, but for some reason my GPU heat goes through the roof with this driver and Prototype, but the games not running any faster

proof of this is I can hit my overclock profile with EVGA Percision and the game won't run any faster, nor am I maxing out CPU use

odd little game bugs, I can't explain the heat use

18. Lethialle

Lethialle Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GX2
    Not quite. I have the same problem with Explorer.exe crashing and restarting.

The fix was to edit the registry.

I can't find the post right now, but it has to do with fixing the nvidia control panel taking a long time to come up after right click on the desktop and select the control panel.

@themaster(6th): If you like, I could post the registry change once I get home.

19. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    for me it seems everything is running at par if not better than 185.85 except for some reason it is now unstable with my previous OC....had to downclock about 20 MHZ

used both Riva Tuner and EVGA Precision

20. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Yes I did. For now I'll stick with the 185.85s since performance seems to be the same as with the 186.18s for me. When I'm sick of FarCry2 I'll install the 186.18 set or newer. Arma2 is coming out soon in the US and I'm hoping Nvidia will release a good driver for that game because apparently it runs like a three-legged hog.