Drive Bays for the Forte 7.1!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jun 20, 2009.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hey Guys, Auzentech has started selling the Titanium drive bays on their website. For those wondering, these drive bays are compatible with the Auzentech Forte 7.1. Here is the link for the interested:Titanium drive Bay

2. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Looks pretty sweet, I was wondering if they'd release something like this for the Forte. My question with these front panel units though is, do they hook up to the card with the front panel connectors or something else?

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216

For the Forte? -this drive bay IS for the Forte 7.1. Do you mean for the Prelude?

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I think so, if they did do one for the prelude, i wouldnt see it wouldnt work on other oxygen HD based cards. I would buy a drivebay in a flash aslong it isnt costy.

The Prelude isn't Oxygen based.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2009

5. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    I never mentioned the Prelude. All I said was, I was wondering if they'd make something like this for the Forte to go with the other X-Fi cards. My other question was how does one hook it up?

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well your post is a bit confusing. Such as:
    Auzentech has started selling this bay for the Forte 7.1, so your post is a bit confusion based on your wording.
    Teh bay is only compatible with one other card and that is from Creative, the PCI-E Titanium. It is not compatible with older X-fi cards AFAIK. Just the newer PCI-E based cards. You hook it up the same as other drive bays by the expansion header on the card.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  7. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Its also gonna be for the soon to be released Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card. Thats the card I want!