Steam weekend deal: Empire: Total War 50% Off - $24.99

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  2. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    Is this game fun? The ratings are great for it, can anyone explain what the gameplay is like or what it compares to?

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    methinks the steam weekends should be a sticky of the current ones

4. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Agreed, this is turning into an advertising board for Valve. People who have steam will probably see the weekend deals on their own. If someone really wants to shop for sales they can go to slickdeals.net or something where there are actually forums for that purpose.

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I bought it at full price only three weeks ago...

:cry:

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    not everyone has steam, uses steam, or opens up steam every weekend, or day

I don't think each one should be in a main forum as a main forum does not get noticed by anyone other then the people paying attention to it

If you don't like deals, then too bad for you, but don't ruin it for the people who actually like to talk and hear reviews from people about a game before they buy a game on a deal, and don't ruin it for the people who are looking for a deal who don't open up steam all the time, greedy

Last time i checked this part of the forums is to talk about specific games, and are they good, if you have problems, how to fix them, etc. and if there's a deal on a game, i either want to know if it's worth it, or like to tell other people, i would post deals from other places and ask about them but i do not buy games anywhere else unless it's at a store (no other online place is as reliable, IMO, and i do sometimes buy amazon, but again, random)

So is this more about you guys being anti-steam, or is it about you being anti-deal and anti-talking about games?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  7. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
    Would definately get it if my pc could run it. The demo runs like crap and I've read that it's very buggy so I think I'll skip this.
    Probably a good deal otherwise though.

8. stringer.bell

stringer.bell Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+
    I am 12, and what is this?

9. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    lfmao!!!

10. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    I don't check steam everyday, so this is the place, where to find the deals.

11. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    +1
    Just bought it, downloading now. I'm pretty sure that I'll enjoy it!

Does the co-op campaign patch exist and is it out yet?

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    +1

exactly, so the people who are complaining, just stop, don't ruin it for other people, if you want deals from other stores, go find them and post them, i'm not going to as i don't shop elsewhere (typically). So how about you discuss the game rather then complain that it's on steam because you're so anti-steam

13. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    If you're so adamant about knowing the Steam weekend deal, would it be that difficult for you to check a stickied "Steam Weekend Deal" thread if there was one? Or to just open up Steam once a week?

Correct, it's for discussion. It's not store.steampowered.com. An "Empire Total War Discussion Thread" is one thing; an "EMPIRE TOTAL WAR 29.99 THIS WEEKEND ONLY STEAM.COM BUY NOW" thread is something else entirely.

Neither.

14. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Besides you, peter_molyneux, and stringer.bell, nobody so far complained about the Steam weekend deal threads.

I can see your point, but imo, a sticky just for deals could get quite messy and deals could get easily missed in it, in case we allow a discussion about the deals in it.

Using such a sticky just to announce new deals would be too restrictive, imo, since its nice to exchange a few words regarding the game, price, etc. with people who are also interested in buying it.

Besides that, one thread per week for a weekend deal on Steam doesn't really make this section of the forum any less readable or an advertising platform for it.

This forum seems to have quite a few people who actually like Steam, as the Guru3D Steam Group (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=279078) and the responses in the weekend deal threads seem to prove.

You are more than welcome to post any other deals on other web sites you can find, though, in case the one-sidedness is an issue for you.

Besides that, on a more general note, peter_molyneux and stringer.bell: I don't have a problem with a negative or converse opinion, as a matter of fact I do welcome people who speak their mind, but sometimes your wording appears very provocative, and close to being considered trolling/flaming, etc.. I'm sure you two know this, since both of you seem well educated, knowledgeable and eloquent. I would appreciate it if you could be a little bit more respectful and considerate towards other forum members in the future.

15. stringer.bell

stringer.bell Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+
    I actually didn't even express my opinion about this topic.

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I know, you didn't directly:

17. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    I didn't mean to personally attack anyone. lmimmfn mentioned that a sticky thread might be better, and I liked the idea because it would help keep the forum clean.

18. stringer.bell

stringer.bell Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+
    I like this idea of a sticky thread.

19. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I know, peter_molyneux. This was more a general note taking several recent posts in this section of the forum into consideration.

20. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    +1

+1