Forceware 186.18 WHQL ( non quadro ) out Nvidia site

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 18, 2009.

1. 9600pro

9600pro New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti
    With this is driver AA on SFIV work for me. With previous only if forced via nvidia control panel.

Sorry for my bad english.

2. MrXGamer

MrXGamer Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    It's called "Field of View" (FOV). I heard Far Cry 2 uses some lower number than default, so it's probably not a driver issue. Have you tried different resolution? Try whatever is suggested here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=143018#143018

3. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    I don't think it's a FOV matter. To be honest i can't notice some big difference, except the one caused from the different screenshot angles. That's what i see from the two screenshot's.

As for the FOV fix of Farcry2, i think we don't need it anymore. With the 1.02 patch, a widescreen option has been added by ubisoft. This is the singleplayer part from the release log of the patch :

4. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    this drivers ROCKS!
    i have improved rates in GTA 4,Assasins creed,Arma 2

5. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    HAd to roll back to the beta drivers, never had driver issues before but theese gave me fluctuating framerates in games, and mad ass flickers in Mirrors edge!..... thought it was me upgrading to Win7 but it turned out to be the driver!!....oh well :(

6. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Low settings? Surely your 9800GT can do High at your resolution?

7. Haunted66

Haunted66 Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 780Ti SLI
    No crashes here, however I noticed that my framerates in singleplayer dropped to around 40. Before it was 60 or more (1920x1200 with all eye-candies enabled). :cry:

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Don't worry I rolled back to the 186.08 beta drivers too. They are the ones that gave me the best framerates in crysis and other stuff. They are also the ones that gave me the best MINIMUM framerates between 186,18 and 190.15.

9. gridlok

gridlok New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTS 250
    Did anyone have problems with Sacred 2, like the screen starts randomly to tremble and tear after playing for a while. Had that problem with 185.85 and 186.08 even if GTA4, Prototype and a few more games run just fine. Was curious if the problem was fixed with 186.18. Btw, i dont have this issue with 182.50.

10. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Ghostbusters I got working with these drivers, unfortunately its having a prototype like bug where its only half accelerating, getting 25FPS average

11. kingsface

kingsface Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 @ 900Mhz AXP
    On low settings it varies between 30-60 fps depending on the scene.
    For eg. running around the hotel gives 60fps but with some heavier rendering outside on the streets gives me 30fps.

It can do at high settings but fps are obviously lower and then I find it better to cap it at 30. Otherwise on high settings running in the hotel it gives me 45 fps.

12. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II

u got soft particles enabled ? i got everything high and on except that and synced to 60hz, in buildings i get solid 60fps in the city where you can see down long streets i get 40ish but normally just concentrating on the ghosts its 50ish

1680x1050 widescreen and ssao turned on in settings.txt located in

users/username/appdata/local/ghostbusters

13. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    thats what i was getting in prototype, it`d go as low as 5fps, but no more than 25, rolled back and i don`t drop under 45fps now

14. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    so in short. this new drivers are bad?

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ye i saw it, it losses detail, its like the driver is cutting off lod detail,...

i though i saw it with some drivers (in cod4, crysis, and few more i cant remember), more crappy lod but wasn't so aware of it, this just profs it i was right :nerd:

i didnt see such lod issues yet with these whql, well i haven't played much only Prototype (ok here its a crappy lod by default), Fear combat, Ghostbusters, all 3 ran the same as with 186.08 seemed smooth and IQ looked the same..

16. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    The only problem I have with these drivers is the same problem I had with every drivers before it,except for 185.85 drivers is that when I alt+tab out of cod4 or cod5 ,it sometimes takes 5 to 10 seconds to get back in the game.It doesnt do it imediately like the 185.85 drivers do.

17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
  18. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    There cannot be a strait answer to your question. If you read the thread you would notice maybe 50X50 opinions about this set. Not everything depends on display driver. Everyone has their own hardware and system configurations. For some people it works like a charm for some not. I can see you also have pretty unique system. The only way you will find out if you try and install them yourself and do some benchmarking and game testing.

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

These are really great imho! But 186.08 BETA has been and still is the best for me. But it's only a matter of 1-3 FPS really..

20. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    I just had the looping sound "crash" in L4D for the first time ever, I was able to ALT+TAB out and back in and the game ran fine but I'm back to 182.50. This driver is just a little too buggy for me.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009