America's Army 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Aura89, Jun 9, 2009.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    your lucky, i had to do it about 10 times, then it started downloading again from 52%. after that i just get a black screen when starting the game.
    if this is how the US army works im never gonna join LOL :)

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unreal Engine 3 usually uses a technology referred to as "deferred shading" in terms of lighting and shadows, this is unfortunately incompatible with normal AA methods (DX10 works with it and AA though, used in Gears of War.) albeit ATI/NVIDIA drivers have workarounds for several titles so try forcing AA from the cards control panel and if possible also try renaming the EXE to UE3.exe and forcing AA from the cards control panels.
    (Some games don't like this though, game also seems to use a launcher so I guess this won't work.)

EDIT: For Steam related problems one possible solution is to exit the program and restart it (Might not be fully needed though.) and force a verification check against the files, if any problems are found it'll download the missing data and decrypt it afterwards.
    (Servers are hit pretty hard from what I've read though so it might be somewhat glitchy and buggy not to mention slow, this also affects the game as those servers are also under a bit of stress.)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    can you run the game JonasBeckman ? you seem to have the same card as me.
    im also running win 7 7100 x64 rc btw

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i got onto training and failed all three and got myself locked up for grenade launching the officer in charge hehe..

wont let me create an account for some reason..

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I ran the beta version just fine aside from a few minor annoyances, couldn't complete medical training even with a top score (And I always had to reload during the shooting practice after the instructor finished speaking.) but the game itself ran pretty good even with everything pushed up, unfortunately I only played on some smaller and rather unpopulated servers (As a warmup and to get into the game a bit.) so I can't comment much on it, been ages since I played AA 2.x though so I'm a bit unused though after a bit of practice I got used to the basics, hehe. :)

Uninstalled the beta recently though to make room for the full version which is currently downloading but as I only started with it a short while ago it's going to take some time to complete, online profile seems to be correct as well from what I saw so I hopefully won't need to redo the training parts aside from the medic one.
    (Gives various badges and unlocks if you do them with a good enough score.)

EDIT: W7 should work just fine once installed and up-to-date, while not perfectly legal I would recommend a recent build just to get rid of any remaining bugs and issues as it's still beta classed though it's heading towards a "RTM" version rather quick with new builds being spread out weekly.
    (MS really need to check that distribution system, everything leaks.)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  6. NN1T1NN

NN1T1NN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 280 (700/1200)
    i don't know if it is just me but this game keeps freezing on me. Like i only got to do the training missions once, then i tried to go redo the marksman one and i cannot get in, it froze on the loading mission screen. Now it freezes while trying to retrieve my personal jacket. ARRHgh.

7. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Widescreen/resolution support is bugged. I get 3 resolutions to choose from. I went and manually edited the file to get Max res. no matter what plays in a 4x3 box.

Wasn't able to merge my old profile with new profile no matter what I did so I had to create a new one

I did some training, but I finish it and my stats don't change.

Graphically I don't find much has changed.. Looks a little better but nothing huge.

8. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Ughhh having problems logging in now :( - servers are down

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol? largest bowl of BS i ever heard, kids are responsible for themselves

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    did you not choose between 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10?

11. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    hahaha, yes? where? ;)

12. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I'm playing the game now with no problems but yesterday after I would complete a certain training part even though I qualified it wouldn't count it. What I did was I knew it uploaded my results so I just logged back out and came back to the game a few hours later and sure enough it had me credited with passing. Really sucked to do that for each training though. As for the ACLU I agree with Violent Opposition they are wack jobs. As for PETA they're even worse, check out how insane they are....

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalp...illing-sends-obama-a-humane-fly-catcher-.html

13. soapy

soapy Member

GPU:
    ATi 3870
    Ah cool, so if I go go back in my training might be there! I did some and then it crashed to main menu and said I hadnt done any, I turned it off and havent been on it again yet.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i read that, and it says they're consolidating studios. so all future developement will come from the one studio now. so i assume that means patches also ...

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ah great, hopefully i can play the cursed game some time lol

17. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Thread title changed. It makes more sense to have this as the main AA3 thread than have so many separate threads on the topic.

18. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
  19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
  20. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    The Devs of the game have been fired and future development handed over to another company: see:

an angry ex employee wrote this on the forums: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=24116

"I worked as a Dev at AA Emeryville for the last year and a half and I hope I can appeal to your rationality and common sense. I would like you to imagine trying to build a game with an impossible deadline, steadily declining workforce (via firings), A hiring freeze, constantly being fed misinformation, having the "higher ups" completely ignore your weekly plea for either A) more time, or B) more manpower, working a ton of unpaid overtime, pouring your heart and soul into a misadventure only to have the uniformed community scoff at you for uncontrollable variables..... RIGHT when you've just lost your job.

There are problems with the release beyond the devs control. In fact, the bureaucracy is so convoluted that you can't even begin to imagine the breadth and scope of B.S. the devs had to deal with daily. in short, imagine being the subcontractor of a subcontractor of a contractor to the government. Sure Millions of dollars may have been poured into this project, but how much do you think made it to the actual DEV team, the people MAKING the game, after it was filtered by the bureaucracy?

I realize if you are a gamer, you rightly expect a game to work. period. But I would ask that you imagine for a second that you actually DON'T understand what it takes to make this particular game, and you really don't understand the many obstacles that were placed in front of the Devs... in nerdy terms: A Kobiyashi Maru [An impossible situation, parsed from Star Trek. - Ed.].

What I would like you to understand is that the Devs did everything they could, worked a TON of unpaid overtime, put their time and passion into an un-winnable situation, and were effectively stabbed in the back. Many of these guys are my close friends, they have family to take care of, and overpriced rent to deal with. They just came off busting their butts for months, to be let go, without warning. Perhaps a little empathy is in order here.

Almost every multiplayer online game has problems upon release. These problems become exaggerated when a development team is kept in constant turmoil and paranoia via misinformation and a high rate of employee turnover. When the people you trust around you are being let go, it becomes difficult to emotionally invest yourself in the titanic sinking ship. Nonetheless, I can tell you the Devs STILL pushed themselves as hard as they could.

Furthermore, the problem with the game at this point, has everything to do with the authentication servers being slammed, A.K.A not a controllable variable by the Devs. Sure there are bugs, they WERE being fixed, and now you'll be lucky to see any fixes in the near future.

For those of you who think Redstone arsenal will do a better job, well.... I won't have to tell you that you're sadly mistaken because you'll see for yourself.

I'm not sure why i've felt compelled to write this when I'm sure it will get deleted, or even scoffed at further, but I hoped to let the fans know that we tried as hard as we could and are very bummed to see the fruits of our labor shoved at gamers like a heaping pile of crap."