America's Army 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Aura89, Jun 9, 2009.

1. madmax987

madmax987 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD4870 512mb
    I can't unlock it :( It just keeps saying "Pre-load complete; unreleased"!!

2. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Yeah same here it is locked for me...

Are you supposed to create an account on their website or something...

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    any word on a patch yet ?

4. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Its a recruitment tool targeted to kids, wich is illegal in US :

http://www.truthout.org/article/us-military-recruits-children

5. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    So I suppose that's the reason it is currently locked even though Steam let me pre-load it right?

6. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    LOL. ACLU? Are you kidding me? Nice reference, maybe you'll try PETA for an encore? If AA is a recruiting tool, then so is any film or TV show based on the military. The thing that hippies can't get through their heads is that nowhere does it say to join the Army, or to consider joining, and that's what would make a recruiting tool.

"OH NO! KIDS ARE PLAYING AN ARMY GAME, THEY MIGHT LIKE IT AND WANT TO JOIN THE ARMY (even though no one told them to)! OH GOD OH GOD WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" Free will is a bitch, and it's something the ACLU and anti-war liberals hate (except when it's in line with their policies).

Edit: BTW, AA is currently experiencing huge problems due to the massive stress put on the servers. These "bugs" are mostly to do with the authentication server, so just put off on trying the game for another day or so and it'll all smooth out.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  7. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    what is PETA ?

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is an animal rights organization. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, USA, and with two million members and supporters, the organization claims to be the largest animal rights group in the world. Ingrid Newkirk is the group's international president.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

9. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Lol, thanks, I fail in my wiki search :p

About the American Army problems with the laws, this is not about war or recruitment or violent games ...

This is about that the game that is rated 12+, but have links to recruitment pages, cos is produced by an army.

Is ilegal in international laws and in USA laws, cos is forbiden the kids recruitment.

There no problem if the game is rated 18+, but now ...

I played this in past, it have cool things in realism like jamming in arms and others, but there better games out.

10. ViolentOpposition

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    The point isn't really about who they are, but that they're crazy... just like the ACLU. Though their "raison d'ĂȘtre" is good in theory, they're basically extremists.

I've never seen any links telling you to get recruited (edit: there are links to army websites which offer information about recruitment, but that's to be expected on an Army website, and there's nothing which makes you go there unless you want to yourself). Information about the Army? Yes. But nothing that says you should join etc etc. And it's not illegal (despite what a bunch of wankers from the ACLU say), because otherwise it wouldn't be around since 2002 and get State funding.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, just because some crazy website says so, that doesn't make it true.

11. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    As we counted down to this release at 3PM today, none of us could have imagined the incredible number of players who would try to download and install this game at the same time. Due to this massive number of simultaneous connections, we're having some trouble keeping up with the demand.

This is also placing a tremendous load on our Authentication Servers, which may temporarily be causing some gameplay performance issues.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that absolutely everyone here at the Army Game Project, and our Partners, are working to resolve this problem, and you should see an increase in both accessibility and gameplay performance very soon. Once the load balances out a bit, both these elements will improve dramatically.

We are grateful for the overwhelming interest shown for America's Army 3, and we appreciate your patience. All issues will be resolved as soon as possible.

If you have issues or concerns, please email our Community Managers at aacm@americasarmy.com.

Thanks,

America's Army Game Project

As we work to balance the demand on the Authentication servers, the gameplay will improve dramatically. The problems you're seeing is a direct result of the volume of simultaneous requests to the database.

I know it's frustrating, but please know that we're doing everything we can to resolve this as quickly as possible, and when it's all over, you can hunt us down in a server and put a cap in our butts.

Seriously though, we should have this sorted out very soon. Thanks for hanging in there.

12. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Is not necesary that the game says you should join, its enough that the game is produced by an army and that the main page has links to recruitment sites, being rated 12+, and that is a fact ... not a madness.

In 2008 it was close to be cancelled but the thing is being delayed.

13. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    I can't log into my account ingame, anyone else have this problem?

14. ViolentOpposition

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    No one's forcing you to go anywhere you don't want to. It's like people think they don't have any responsibilities anymore.

Uh, I don't think so...

Authentication is temporarily down.

15. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    oh ok thanks

16. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    A kid its not responsible for himself.

I wonder why they dont raise the age rating of the game :rolleyes:

17. ViolentOpposition

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Uhm, yes, a kid is a responsible. I'm tired of this "oh, he's just a kid; he didn't know what he was doing" crap we hear all the time these days. Kids may not be entirely responsible for themselves, but that doesn't mean they don't have a minimum to account for. Once you're a teenager (the game's got a Teen rating), then you have some responsibilities. Back in the day you'd get your ass kicked by your dad if you thought you could do anything and just get away with it be saying "lol I'm just a teenager lol".

The parents are responsible for the rest, and if they don't want their kid playing the Army's game, then that's their responsibility to enforce it. People these days think that the TV and the government is going to raise their kids for them, well, they're wrong.

18. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Ok why are you morons complaining about the motives of the game when MOST OF US CAN'T EVEN LAUNCH THE DAMNED THING. UNRELEASED. LOCKED. WHY????

19. atlas029

atlas029 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga295gtx+/8800GTS640
    had same problem....you have to exit out of steam a couple of times to force it to decryped....i had to do it 4 times before it worked.

20. madmax987

madmax987 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD4870 512mb
    Why doesn't antialiasing work?? Is there a way to force it? Running an ATI 4870 with 9.6......