Quide: Real Temp plugin as an battery / ACline event trigger

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by _cTn_, Jun 16, 2009.

1. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    Hi guys, for past few days i was talking and (in my case mostly googling for documentation) with unclewebb (Real Temp plugin creator) about new addition to the monitoring (battery charge level and power status), so here is the result of his work + my little guide how to use this new "features"

don't forget this link is to lets say plugin in "beta stage" i will update this thread when new plugin is officially out

Lets start

1. download plugin
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1794507/RTCore.zip

2. unpack to Monitoring directory, the .rth file should go in the <RivaTunerInstallDir>\Help\Plugins\Monitoring folder
    [​IMG]

3. turn on Riva Tuner and go to monitoring tab
    [​IMG]

4. enable background monitoring (red button), and click on settings
    [​IMG]

5. you can choose whichever pooling you want i used 3000 (3 seconds), click on plugins
    [​IMG]

6. add tick to the RTCore.dll, click ok
    [​IMG]

7. add tick to the AC Power (it should be already ticked by default), you can also enable other graphs whichever you want
    [​IMG]

8. Go to system tweaks, overclocking tab, select standard 2D and save current profile as standard 2d battery (i have a typo in screenshot i know)
    [​IMG]

9. Overlock 2D mode as much you need, i used clocks for low power 3D which you now see on screenshot, and save this profile as standard 2D AC power
    [​IMG]

10. Go to the Launcher tab and click on the + (green icon), select regular item
    [​IMG]

11. insert a name for this launch item (you can use settings from the screenshot below), do the same for the AC power (insert correct names !)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. go to Scheduler tab and create this 2 schedulers (screenshots below)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. go to settings tab and add tick to run at windows startup (if you want this profiles to work completely without user interaction)
    [​IMG]

14. look at the hardware monitoring and you should see our new created scheduler items work like a charm
    [​IMG]

15. its done

Side info:

So some side info, this "behaviour" that we created is fixing aero lag/animation problems on my 9300m GS (this should work also on other card having similar issues)

this solutions also solves heat problems when you disabled powermizer to get aero animations smooth (i had powermizer enabled in this tutorial)

and also this solution prevents burning down battery capacity (you can also increase battery time by downclocking gpu even more)

If you have any questions or having some problems making this work on your laptop, don't hesitate and leave a reply in this topic, ill try to help as much as i can.

Have a nice day and i hope this helps someone

Stefan

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Nice job guys! This really opens options up for those using laptops. Similarly, you could react on battery level just like you have shown based on AC.

one minor thing - the .rth file should go in the <RivaTunerInstallDir>\Help\Plugins\Monitoring folder (#2) so the description will show when selected from the plugins page (#6).

- Nick

3. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    Ow i didn't know that, thanks :)

4. unclewebb

unclewebb Guest

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    Nice write up Stefan. Now I understand why you wanted me to create that plugin for you. :)

That should give laptop users a lot more flexibility when they can create their own custom power profiles.

The load meter in this plugin needs some tweaking for better support of the mobile processors. I told Stefan, give me a day and I'll see what I can do. If anyone needs battery info for their AMD CPUs just ask and I will quickly create a .dll for them.

RTCore.dll
    Version 3.2.9.6

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009

5. unclewebb

unclewebb Guest

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    RTCore.dll Version 3.2.9.8

I added an additional load meter that should show very similar numbers to what the Task Manager shows. This is called CPU Usage just like Task Manager calls it.

The previous load meter is more accurately a measure of how much time your CPU is in the C0 State so I relabeled it to that. On a Desktop CPU, these two meters will mirror each other in most situations.

On a mobile CPU when both cores are loaded, they should also be very similar. The difference will happen at idle. Mobile processors have cores that go to sleep and also slow down internally which causes the C0 State meter to start increasing at idle. The more your CPU slows down, the larger percentage of time the one awake core will have to spend in C0 mode to keep up.

Both load meters tell a story for mobile processors. Use which ever one tells you what you want to know.

I also added an option to the RTCore.cfg configuration file for Core 2 CPUs.

MSRMulti=1

will use a less accurate multiplier when calculating your CPU Frequency but it should be steadier when the CPU is lightly loaded.

6. A11STAR

A11STAR New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 9500M G 256 MB
    Real quick questions on this:

The AC adapter is supposed to be plugged in while doing this, right?

Also, once you set these up, you can't set an overclock profile?

I tried, but I wanted to set up another profile and it wouldn't let me do it until I removed this.