Arma 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by masterchiefx2, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
  2. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Why would I ever bother reading a published review, I don't trust their opinions the slightest bit. How can you dispute user made FRAPS videos anyway? They are made by the community, on mostly modest machines, being lagged by FRAPS, and they still get playable results. As I said before however, I am still waiting for a demo to see the performance for my self, but I expect it to be fine with the right settings. ArmA 1 was somewhat like Crysis in the regard that it's maximum settings were never meant to run on current hardware, and I would expect ArmA 2 to be the same.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Right.
    How about the 1,000+ posts on the Arma2 site I linked to, mostly saying the game runs like crap? I guess you don't believe them either?

Well in that case you won't be disappointed.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

5. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I've been reading the forum as well, and it's not that I don't believe that some people are getting bad performance, it's that I believe I won't be one of them. For every thousand people saying they get bad performance, there are another thousand saying it's fine. This happens with every graphically intense game, I recall Doom 3 being released, and the thousands of people complaining about the horrible performance they got on their new 6800GT's, and yet I, and the other half of the community managed to get a great frame rate through the entire game, with completly maxed settings.

6. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Remeber the german is beta status it was not supposed to be released till later this month morphicon once again like arma 1 released it early then recommended.

I do believe Cyrosis statement on some it works for others it doesnt An example again would be Doom 3 I used a 5800 Ultra and it ran perfect ...

Performance will be like initially not great but useable and for some leave the Fillrate alone seriously do u really need AA I myself prefer games without AA enabled Just up the resolution

7. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Reviews and trusting them is not that easy. I've seen so many previews and reviews of ArmA2 were the so called gaming and hardware professionals weren't even able to set the aspect ratio right for their resolution...
    Also many did put the video settings at way to high values for their hardware, like running the max view distance of 10KM + 200% fillrate...and so on.

ArmA2 requires good hardware for the eyecandy but can also run on not the latest one with some tweaking without looking that bad.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    anything less than 100% fillrate make the IQ so bad as to be unplayable.

ARMA 2 does not support AA at present.

I imagine it will get better as the patches are released....

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    what exactly happens when the fillrate is less then 100% ?

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The image is rendered at less than the resolution then stretched onto the screen. I'm still researching it...

End result is that everything on the screen becomes blurry as hell......

I think it works similar to the way Milkdrop canvas stretch settings do in Win Amp, if you know what I mean.

EDIT:

In fact after reading the Milkdrop help files, I found that is exactly how it works.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  12. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    im sorry but that looks ****, i want a game i can start playing and not have to clean my gun 1st and shine my boots, looks like ill still be waiting for BF3.

Arma2 just looks far to complicated, if i wanted it this real id join the f*cking army, this is just a Sim and not a game, it looks boring as sh*t.

13. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970

To each there own I find the battlefield series boring.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You definitely won't like Arma2 then; there are that many different key bindings that you almost need a secretary with a second keyboard to help you operate the menu.....lol

Yeaqh I saw the 1500 AI thread.. I looks good, but something doesn't add up regarding the bots...plus it's dark and most of the AI doesn't need to be drawn so I think the poster is cheating a bit....

If it was 1500 AI on a daytime map I would be more impressed.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  15. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Planes Have 2 Ai each

Tanks Have 3 AI each.

its easily made.....

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What do mean - that he wasn't quite being honest about the amount of AI he used?

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    ALMA 2 :bigsmile:

18. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 are not very beginner friendly and all three got a very steep learning curve, but once you've get used to the game you will be rewarded with nearly unlimited freedom. Something most other games from that genre are missing.

It's definitely not the typical run, shoot, die, respawn, repeat... type of game.

19. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    the guy has posted a Follow up Video SHOWING the Editor...

And there a quite a few Vehicles, Meaning not all of the AI are on foot......

20. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    lmao forget that then, ive just been playing a nice little game that i overlooked called Battlestations Pacific and its quite a good game, i will be skipping OF2 and Arma2, lmao i want to drive a truck or fly a plane not fill out a taco before i set off....lol