Valve Announces Left 4 Dead 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Aura89, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Grand-DK

Grand-DK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 680 GTX

Chet said in an interview with IGN that the game was going to be set at full price. And he thought it was worth it. :biggun:

And those saying that people whine to much does obliouvsly dont have any backbone as i would never just roll with being lied to my face! :bang:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  2. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    It's funny how people who don't agree or can't understand why there's a L4D2 boycott have to resort to name calling and spite.

Grow up,people.

3. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Try telling that to all the people bashing Valve and signing up to boycott a new game because they are being asked to pay for it... :rolleyes:

Pot, kettle, black?

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    don't whine so much

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i wonder how they will pull it off, since Faliszek is talking about " playing old maps with the new Left 4 Dead 2 features".

i am sure i will buy l4d2 at the end, since it will hold more special infected (we got 4 now), wonder how many they will add) , and i am looking forward blasting dismembered zombies..

its very likely i will never touch L4D 1 after playing this again though.

6. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    Possibly, but that's what I said about Counter-Strike 1.6 ;)

CS is on a totally different scale than L4D user-wise, I know.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  8. Grand-DK

Grand-DK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 680 GTX
    Stop troll so much ;)

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    but, but, :(

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    true...maybe i will l4d2 too..but not full price...will wait for a deal..

11. Grand-DK

Grand-DK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 680 GTX
    I actually loled at that remark :p

Anyways my smilies may have set my post to look to whiney i will admit that.

And just to stay on topic Valve have promised new content for l4d1 this summer. Havent specified what it could be lets hope it's good, though i dont expect new weapons/melee as that would defently hurt l4d2 if they included that.

12. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    It's not about Valve asking people to pay for L4D-2, it's about Valve making promises that they have not fulfilled. Aside from the bugfixes, Valve has only made one update to the game, then jumped the train and announced L4D-2 even though new characters, new campaigns, new weapons, and new enemies were promised for L4D as download content.

Point in case, Valve set our expectations by stating L4D would be expanded, and to a lot of people, it seems they didn't even try to accomplish those expectations.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  13. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I cant find where they said dlc was over for L4D.

why dont you wait a little and see what happens. I read they are going to release more content for the first one.

Btw do you play the game?

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol i only told you not to be so whiney because of the comment you said, no other reason :p essentially just messing with ya

Valve has said many many times now that they are not done with l4d after they announced l4d2, but apparently you guys like to ignore that fact...

i mean do you guys think they can't make a game and also update another game? they have two different teams doing l4d2 and l4d's updates...

15. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Sorry but I am walking in here with my big mouth. This is another charity grab on behalf of Valve. Seems they are running out of dev money for EP3 or for HL3, whichever comes first. Wasn't EP3 supposed to be out like a year ago? FFS I can't even remember what HL2 EP2 was about. LOL!

I am more on the boycott side myself. I was hoping they would do as they promised adding in new things etc through various updates and about all we got was a patch. I was hoping they would spice up the gameplay, they never did. I guess based on what some others are saying that they will add content I'll continue to wait and be patient hoping that my $50 wasn't wasted on this game and that something positive will come from an expansion. Sorry, but at this point in time and especially with this latest news, I am more negative than positive on anything happening.

L4D is not revolutionary it's not amazing and definitely was not worth $50. I finished the game, it didn't take long(2 weekends on and off, $50 worth? Pfff). I didn't like the online play and the gameplay itself was boring and extremely predictable. Zombies are the same throughout the game, the weapons themselves got boring.

IMO, L4D deserved a 6/10 overall. I have zero interest in paying for a sequel. I would rather have what they promised but it is clearly obvious Valve is hurting financially so this is why there is the sudden, L4D2 sequel. I am willing to bet my left testacle, this was to be a series of expansion but instead they turned around and turned it into Part 2.

Valve didn't revolutionize gaming. Gimme a break. I'd say 3D Realms, iD and Epic revolutionized online gaming more than Valve. Valve got immensely popular for HL1 and the modding community went nuts. Is this the same with HL2 and the modding community? No. Valve is nothing but a struggling game maker and online store. Nothing more. Shame they bought out all the mod makers because they've literally done jack all since then. For who they bought out, I'd have expected a hell of a lot more creativity and releases.

Obviously they are incompetent or sitting on potential releases and constantly debating whatever way they can make the most money. One or the other. I choose the latter.

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No, and no, Ep3 never has, to this day, had a due date or anything close to a due date, and i'm not going to comment on the rest of your post as it seems like everything is coming out of the rear end of your body

17. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    One thing that both of you seem to be forgetting is that with the release of L4D-2, the whole L4D community will be segregated into two groups with L4D-2 in it's favor. This does not and will not promote a healthy community with forseeable longevity. The only way this could be remedied is if Valve programs L4D-2 to have backwards compatability with L4D, so that previous L4D owners won't have to worry about their product making a hard flop right at the front door.

Not only that, but with the announcement of L4D-2 only having been made 6 months after the release of L4D and no significant updates to L4D, it's pretty obvious that Valve's priorities are with L4D-2, regardless if they're stating they'll still support L4D.

18. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    L4D is the most fun when you first play it, and everyone is a noob, and it actually feels as though you are doing something dangerous.

But after 5000 times of "dodge the car alarm", "don't walk there" and my favourite "why the f*** did you walk there, this game has been out for 6 months!!!" it gets repetitive.

AND the fact that just 1 player can screw up an entire game. I dont like the spread of power that thin.

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i have already stated that is the only downfall about l4d2 is that it splits up the community however you seem to have not read over the fact that valve said content made for l4d or l4d2 will be backwards compatible for both games.....

as to them not supporting l4d because l4d2 is coming out, again, two different teams are making l4d2 and updates to l4d, they have already confirmed that a slightly large patch is coming soon, one fairly large difference aswell is the introduction of matchmaking 2.0, which i'm not sure what exactly that means but there's many ways they could make the matchmaking in l4d much, much better

i actually like that bit of it....i mean, in other games, you can kill every person in the game and only have one person alive on the other team, and they just wipe you out somehow, and all that says is, all the effort you did into killing the entire other team got demolished by one guys either, luckyness, or, how good they are, essentially making no team effort at all because all you need is one good guy and your team does great, however in this instance, your whole team needs to be good, otherwise you're done for, and that's the way it should be, there's no team work otherwise

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310