Free 1 Year Subscription to the Microsoft TechNet

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by brassoo, Jun 3, 2009.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I only got a few keys for a few things... I used valid contact information and I can log in but its not showing anything when I click to manage the subscription so I believe this is false and they are screwing me just as much as everyone else. Good show MS!! Way to kill PR with your customers! lol

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    ..I had valid contact info but everything is still grayed out, checked subscriptions and it's empty.

3. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    I also have valid contact information, in fact i specifically made a new email to set up this Technet thing with valid information.

Has anyone installed some Operating Systems using the keys and have any problems regarding the activation or keys? Are ALL the keys going to be blacklisted?

4. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Maybe I did download a few extra keys, but I haven't given any away. (although at one time I was offering to) :) I didn't get pages of them, but I did get about 5 keys for each OS I downloaded.

I also used legit contact info for myself, since I didn't think I was "pirating" or stealing anything. I was simply taking advantage of what was advertised by many legitimate web sites as a "Free 1 Year Membership".

I just re-read the EULA and I haven't broken any rules for downloading the software. Also, I haven't read anywhere in the agreement where it specifies how many keys you should or should not acquire.

It isn't our fault if ms screwed up and was giving away subscriptions. If I was running a gas station, and I mispriced my gasoline for stupidly cheap, and I didn't specify a limit on how much you could buy, I would just have to honor all the purchases made before I corrected the mistake. I don't see how this should be any different.

5. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    I installed some OS's on 2 computers at my house, and all worked fine. The keys registered and activated with no problems. If they do blacklist the keys, I will just re-install my old OS.

6. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    could somebody please pm me a vista key please, i never made it on time to get one.
    thanks.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    A Vista key? Right....

8. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    I told you guys from the start that it was a mistake. Can't blame MS. I blame Brassoo. :D

9. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    What they should have done is set a limit to the keys for the "Pilot" subscription, in other words one Vista key per subscription and so on. Problem solved..

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  10. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    dude a bunch of people got what they wanted for free, its not like i was asking for somebody to give me something anyone payed for, IMO these people didnt pirate a thing so who cares if i ask for a key?

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Dunno why people are stressing so much - anyone who knows how to get around the net could find that software pretty quick.

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes but he's talking about a legit copy, not some other crap.

13. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Yeah I agree, but I don't think they expected their **** to get pilfered the way it did.

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I signed up with the link Brasso posted and still have access to all the keys + software downloads. But I did have a subscription previously under the same address, so that may be why.

15. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    thanks, exactly what im saying, i dont pirate software so if M$ is dishing out keys and somebody has a spare could i have one please, if not no worrys im buying it soon anyway.

16. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I would like to thank Ace for the keys,they work great with the MSDN or whatever it is ...they had a downloadable ISO of vista ultimate 64 w/SP2 untouched that was hosted on another site so I got it for free.

17. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Thank you for your email regarding the TechNet plus Consumer Service Professional Pilot subscription.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We have researched the information you have provided. The link was intended for the exclusive purpose of providing our designated survey participants with a 5 Month TechNet plus Direct subscription, and was somehow posted to the public domain. Those participants will get a free 5 Month subscription and will be participating in an exhaustive series of surveys during the subscription year. We already have the number of participants added, and there is no room for additional participants. Only participants in the survey are entitled to the free Subscription. However, it’s good that you emailed us because we are offering a renewal price of $249 for any customer that emails us about this issue. With the TechNet subscription you get two technical support calls, access to subscriber download site as well as E-Learning Courses offered through the subscription.

If you are interested in this offer please feel free to contact us directly and we can place your order. Thank you for choosing Microsoft.

18. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I've read elsewhere that the 'special offer' subscription price dropped twice yesterday which makes me wonder if this was all planned from the beginning.

19. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I took them quite long to shut it down, too. Don't you think?

20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I'm selling a ultimate key/disk in the classifieds section :)