Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ^^ nice but glad you resprayed it lol

2. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Suppose I should post my daily driver and not just my weekend warrior!
    (seriously, my Vette is so borderline legal/streetable, that it can't really be considered my 'ride' - I have to tear down the top end, recheck all my clearances, relash my valves and put it all back together every 6 miles...and when it's only getting about 6 MPG on 130 octane AvGas, it's not often that I do drive it - but when I do, it's FUUUUNNNN!) ;)

2007 Majestic Blue Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE Popular Package & Tow Package
    6" ProComp Stage2 Adjustable Coil-Over lift * ProComp MX6 Adjustable Rear shocks
    18 X 10" Cruiser Alloy 921C Stealth Off-Road Chromed Wheels * Hankook DynaPro MT 35 X 12.50's
    CUSTOM V-Style Chrome Grill /w Harley Davidson Skull* Chrome Handles, Tail Gate Handle & Bezel, Taillight Guards
    Chrome Nerf Bars * CUSTOM Chrome "PSYCHLONE" Door Emblems * Bushwacker Fender Flares
    CUSTOM Subwoofer Box: Tech12Volts.com * 2 JBL GT1041Ds * PowerAcoustik SL2-2000 Amplifier
    CUSTOM Black and Blue REAL Carbon-Fiber Interior Kit - SEMA Certified (full 61pc dash + full 12pc overhead + full 3pc rear center console)
    Performance Mods:
    UpRev Osiris * Volant Cool-Air Intake * TB Bypass * Helix TBS* Volant Exhaust * 2* Timing Advance

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and I'm not afraid to use it either! (what's the point of having a nice 'street truck' anyway? If you can't take it in the hills, it's no good to me!)

[​IMG]
    (Yep I really was on that much of an incline - tilt your head in either direction and it only gets steeper!)
    [​IMG]
    (this one really doesn't look as cool as it actually was - the articulation of the suspension in this beast is *killer*!)

I've also towed just over 12,000lbs of Caterpillar Front Loader on a trailer with it...this thing really is a *BEAST*.

[​IMG]
    (Crossing a creek - the water was coming over the top of my 36" tires...kept thinking that I'd float down the creek until I looked at some 150-200# rocks that weren't moving and realized that if they weren't going anywhere, that my 4500lb truck wasn't either. When I got to the other side, the tires started spinning and I realized that I hadn't even dropped it into 4wheel drive, so I flipped the switch, checked my rear-view mirror, and saw no less than 9 cars pulled off the side of the road waiting to see if I was going to get washed down the creek - lol! Gave them a wave and headed off on the other side - where *no one* had ever been.)

[​IMG]

Psychlone

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    :eek:

Wow! Just wow!

Very nice pictures and of course an even more impressive "ride" (both of them), Psychlone! :thumbup:

4. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo V8
    [​IMG]
    2005 Liberty Renegade V6
    [​IMG]

5. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    Very nice ride you have there, the personalisation with your name in the fabric is cool. Good to see you actually use it for what it's meant for! :)

6. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    @Psychlone: wow. that is one hell of a truck. real pro stuff. how did you change the interior to carbon fiber ?

here's some pics of my car after some mods:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB
    Psychlone, are you in Arizona? Some of the pictures look like it was taken up in the Red Rocks in Sedona.

Btw, nice Titan.

8. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    right, got some pics in proper light done. its standing in front of my mothers 900 convertible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Bmw 320d

I drive a 2002 BMW 320D touring 150bhp
    Its is a nice diesel it has performance when you need it,

0-60 mph 8.9secs
    50-75 mph in 7.5secs in 4th gear

Fuel consumtion is awsome 68mpg on long runs, around the town i average 50mpg if i drive it hard drops to 43mpg.

10. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Nice one, kwak. According to Top Gear, highly intelligent people drive the Saab. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

@Psychlone: Get stuffed! Photoshop FTW! Srsly WTF?

11. Nimz

Nimz Member

GPU:
    EVGA NVIDIA GTX275 1792MB
    ! Dunno how I kept overlooking this thread but wow you guys have some majorly custom rides goin' on, much like the rigs!!!

Here's mine. It's a 2005 GMC Canyon SLE Z-71 Offroad. 3" body lift, 3" suspension, 33/12.5 pro comp 8-ply tires wrapped around the pro comp moto metal chrome 951s.
    Also if anyone has a GMC Canyon or Chevy Colorado, I invite you to 355nation.net to join us other enthusiasts! 355 is the model of the frame btw. My name's Nimz on there as well, say I referred ya!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    nice truck nimz. not too sure about what the blue interior accents, but the rest looks great!.

13. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lotz of $$$!

Really, you can get interior kits on the cheap from several different e-tailers, but to have it *show quality*, the kit needs to come from AAAExoticWood.com - they're the only manufacturers that are SEMA certified, and are the only ones that actually use real Carbon Fiber rather than spin polyester or ??.
    If you do some digging, there are several manufacturers that say they make their own kits, but the quality just isn't there - and you can really tell the difference when you see it in person.
    When you receive a kit, you can tell it's obviously the material (whatever you choose, i.e. woodgrains/prints/solid colors, etc.) laid on a sheet, then it has a clear plastic-like stuff poured over it. After it's dried, they apply a 3M adhesive on the entire back-side of the kit, then send it into a laser cutter to match it up with your specific vehicle's interior parts (i.e. dash, console, door handles, lock bezels, etc.)
    Each kit is made separately by AAAExoticWood - they're not pre-formed and stacked in a warehouse somewhere, so if you want one, be prepared for a hefty price tag, along with at least a 4 week wait while they make it for you.

My entire interior cost approximately $2600 (give or take a couple hundred), and covers the dash you can see, the interior door handles (all 4), speaker bezels (all 8), entire center console top, power window controls/power lock controls bezels, overhead console, rear overhead console, rear console, rear center armrest, plus accents for everywhere else that I didn't mention.
    And, to give the 'it's stuck on with 3M tape' thing a rest before it starts, you can't tell it's stuck on at all - this is one of the main differences between AAAExoticWood and the other manufacturers...it looks like a factory option when you get done with it!

Thanks Bro - this truck has been to Sedona a couple of times, but these pix were taken about 5 minutes from where I live in Southern Utah. I did, however, live in Scottsdale, AZ for a year while I went to Le Cordon Bleu at SCI (corner of Hayden and Camelback)... ;)

Lol! It's real Bro - you want I should timestamp on my real camera?

@Nimz: Very nice ride! I like it alot!
    I think that the blue-anodized look for the interior is under-done though - if I were to do it, I would have more accents in the same color, or something else to set it off like seat covers with a contrasting or same color.
    Overall, *very* cool though! I hope you take it off road! No use in UT for a 'street truck', hopefully it's the same in Louisiana!!
    (wishing I could tint my windows darker after seeing your rig - but UT uses this as a reason to pull you over... :()

Psychlone

14. Nimz

Nimz Member

GPU:
    EVGA NVIDIA GTX275 1792MB
    There's actually a lot more blue than the pictures reveal, but they are night shots.
    The map lights are blue LEDs, the dome light is a blue-white LED, there's blue footwell LEDs too. The rear doors have a blue accent as well as the amplifier. There are NO (read: not ever) underbody lights at all and never will be haha.

The tail lights have gotten me pulled over twice in the last 2 weeks, I'm back to the stock ones, I hate them. But I painted over the reflector on my dark tails and the po-po said that was 100% illegal. Bah.

15. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^ Sweet! A man of my own tastes!
    From the original shots above, it looked to me that it was lacking in the blue department, but after the explanation, it seems you've got it covered!

Too bad about the blackouts - they do that here in UT as well. I have seen some awesome mods for taillights that would look real good on your ride, or even a swap for some Altezza or black JDM LED tails would look *killer* on there!

I went for the chrome wraparounds on mine since you never see chrome on a vehicle anymore - I've had my share of non-chrome in the past (see my 'Vette in this thread, as well as Camaros, couple trucks, etc.) - but since everyone has ditched chrome for plastic, I have to be different, so I'm bringing it back - single handedly! ;)

Again, *very* nice ride!!

Psychlone

16. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    LAWL! Not many cars in Australia like that. Although there is a car modding scene out there, it's nothin like the US! Sure people buy all the bits and doo-dads, maybe even a vanity number plate.

You get your screen name in 2 inch chrome letters, chrome skulls. I gotta love a good (original) car!

*skylines clones! boo!*

17. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Some newer shots of my '87 Nissan 300ZX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  18. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    sweet z31 bro

19. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Just wondering ... how many has car thats owned by bank xD
    I just have a scooter that is payd... 15000km behind =)

20. cad cam man

cad cam man Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Hi, I have a modified 1.9cdti Vauxhall astra diesel. To start will its 148 BHP, Torque 236 lbs/ft. It is now 207 BHP, Torque 350 Lbs/ft and has the following, EDS remap, Dbilas induction kit, front mount intercooler and a jetex exhaust. The next things I will do are 345mm breaks and Eibach lowering springs. This thing still looks standard and that's the way I wanted it. By the way in town I still get 44 mph. If someone tells me how to post some pictures I will. All the best Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.