A Decade Guru3D Contest 3 - The Dragon Challenge

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, May 29, 2009.

1. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Meh we are used to it... Down under!!

The restrictions make sense.

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I have few kin mates (Lord of the rings online guild) from Netherlands and told those to enter. Good luck kinnies :)

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Well sure, but you can be well sure majority of visitors are from USA.
    Mostly because the page is in english and because most of manufacturers come from USA.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That is incorrect, only 28% of the demographics come from the US.
    51% is EU based.

5. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Great. So people that probably haven't even heard of Guru3D will visit Guru3D for the first and only time and stand a chance of winning a thousand euro? :rolleyes:

I agree with Cybermancer! :D I'd gladly play for a private courier for a free PC!

6. Mochen

Mochen Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX275 OCX
    I also agree, i'd love to be able to enter this

7. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    See this i wonder why people always think this site is us based or visitors are US?

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    How many of those come from netherlands and belgium?
    Just out of curiosity :)

I wouldn't mind if you'd tear that PC apart, stuff all the components inside with foam and send it over in case i'd win. I'd assemble it back myself :p

9. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Well, you know those first two contest's were posted to every forum in teh interwbz ? They have hear and read few articles (which I have linked :D)

10. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Maybe one of the other competitions should have excluded those from the NL and Belgium.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti

12. colling

colling New Member

GPU:
    ooooo boy , just feel some urge to live on netherlands, will start loocking for jobs there, learn some foreign language too( plus others 3 i already know) , but hey maybem hilbert invite me to some beer hheeh :0) , im from brazil by the way, too much heat over here , need some coll breeze and never see snow , so im packing

13. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Hilbert, I have a friend in the NL (I went to visit over Easter, you may have seen the topic I made) and was wondering; can we both enter but both use his address? He wants to enter two, but if I use his address he is worried he won't be able to enter.

What do yout think?

14. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    lol, i understand the weight of the PC, mine is also very heavy(the only time i actually picked it up to hook it up to the TV was in my old case... its not heavyer)

though i would not mind at all paying for shipping. and due to damaging the hardware, to be noted the only precaution you really need to make is to take the CPU cooler off, depending on the weight. other than that it should be all secure, but im not really complaining.

good luck to those who entered. :) there will always be more contests in the future.

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

yeah sure, np. Mention this in the emails plz.

16. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    I would personally be afraid of moving the computer around with the Mugen on it. I believe the packaging of the Mugen specifically states to avoid moving it too much.

17. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    yeah usually you remove the CPU cooler for transport...

BTW that is one fricken huge CPU cooler!

18. Ronaldoo

Ronaldoo New Member

GPU:
    ati
    I dont want to create problems but this contest 3 has no point...why bothering creating a contest that only 20~10% or even less users will be able to participate?? Feels like no sense making contests where all world can try and one that few ppl will be able to try, i dont care how few are the chances of contest 2 but yet im trying right?
    Its very disapointing to scroll down in the contest 3 page after the pc specs and the image and reading that its only for few peoples, u guys should have said that long before!

Well aniway I thank u guys very much for the oportunity of the other contests that its open for the entire world, i would say good luck for all but that doesnt count cause i want the prizes as much as anyone else, and for the 1 or 2 participants of contest 3, well, best luck possible.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Please don't be such a cry baby. We have two other contests with multiple thousands of EURO's worth of prizes. There is sheer joy and fun for everyone.

As to the other 2-3 participants in contest 3 you apparantly think will enter .. you can already multiply that number with 100x only a few hours after launching contest 3.

Be a sport .. and appreciate what we are doing. Would you have rather like to see that we did not hold contest 3 at all, just because you can't enter ?

20. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Contest is a privilege not a god-given right -_-